Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Awwwe! Sorry to hear that Moggy, hopefully he's back to himself soon! Peyton got a little bit of the sniffles again last week but now she seems better, still a little mucusy in the morning but good overall. We're getting her shots this week now. I'm hoping to move her shots from Thur to Wed. My Dr. is about 25 minutes away (same town as where my parents live) and since we will be there Wed. for the funeral, maybe we can get her shots then. Nathan has managed to get the day off...that way he can stay at my parents with Peyton while my mom and I go to the funeral service. I just didn't feel right bringing the baby since they just lost their baby. :-(

Anyway, It's all I can think of right now...my heart aches for them. And I just know seeing everyone will be one of the hardest things I'be been through.

Well hope everyone is well. Hi everyone!

xo

Lydia- ana is better... She has a bit of a cold...nothing serios so not too bad. Did J have an uneventful time with MIL?

Glad she's better. j was fine, I'd of course worried needlessly, but its not quite the same as leaving her with my Mum!

Poor little Jack Moggy, like the others say, I'd trust your instincts. There is a sickness bug going around here, I'm just dreading J getting it, I know I'd really panic. We need to try your balloon idea soon, J is interacting with us so much more now. Her favourite thing is to lay on her changing table while I sing (and act!) nursery rhymes to her, she just loves it!

Brig, that sounds like a good plan, I'm sure they wouldn't mind you bringing Peyton, but I can understand you not wanting to. I really hope the service is as lovely as it can be, I'll be thinking of you.

Ann, no tips on the sleeping from me I'm afraid, J sounds a bit like H, she is so noisy in her sleep, last night she woke at 4am, farting and grunting away in her sleep, but then settled herself back down and slept through until 7am, heaven. The only thing that we did with her was rather than being cuddles/fed to sleep, we put her in her cot awake and then jiggle it until she stops grumbling/falls asleep, in the last week or so we rarely need to even jiggle it now, she seems to know that she goes to sleep when we put her in there? Maybe thats something to try? If she really cries (and I know she's got a full belly, no wind and a clean bottom) I just pick her up, hold her until her breathing calms and then put her back down and start the jiggling again. Hope you have a good night tonight.

Hope everyone else is doing well. xx

How annoying Moggy! I would be angry that they are just suggesting lub as it sounds like it's a problem they were already aware of. I hope they seriously test it before handing it back to you. Poor old Jack. I hope he feels better soon.

Thanks Claire. Last night was much better but we have the dreaded jabs on Thursday.. agghh! Is Ana still in your room?

Pip, I can't remember if you breast feed? The reason I ask is that Harry was weighed yesterday at 7 weeks + 4 days and was 12lb so I imagine at 8 weeks he's probably going to be exactly the same as S. H's curve has stopped rising at the same rate and my HV questioned me and suggested I eat and sleep more to help produce better quality milk. Today I went to the BF clinic and was told that was rubbish and that BF babies generally have a sharp gain in weight initially and then it slows right down so it won't follow the curve in the book.

Thanks Moggy re the sleeping bag! It really is very kind of you. Will let you know when it arrives. :hugs:

xxx

any anniversary plans Claire?

.Had a wedding party last week so not bothered about going out. We'll have a family afternoon.. Theres a kids thing planned at one of our local primary school...jac is going to love it as theres a fire engine going to be there...we havent seen a real one yet and he loves fireman sam lol theres loads of play things there and theres an actress from one of the welsh kids programs which he likes too. Cant wait for him reaction:cloud9: we'll probably have a romantic evening once the babies are in bed..probably some wine and an indian takeaway:thumbup: nothing exciting but am happy if hubby and kids are happy :cloud9:

Xx

Lydia- im with moggy... Save it for the wedding speech:haha:
Glad all was well with MIL... I get on great with mine and know shes great with jac...my only problem is she gives him too much chocolate and biscuits...he even gets fedup of it:dohh:

Ann- yes shes in our room. She will be untill either she sleeps through properly or we sort out the attic to make it into the 3 bedroom. As it stands ana will share with jac for now. But if she doesnt settle we need to get the attic done into a bedroom for us and she can have our bedeoom or we can even make 2 big single bedrooms a out of it as its quite big. The attic just needs decorating, a radiator and a skip to get rid of the rubbish stored there lol. Jac was with us till he was 5 months old.

Brig- Hope the service goes ok.:hugs:

Xx

any anniversary plans Claire?

.Had a wedding party last week so not bothered about going out. We'll have a family afternoon.. Theres a kids thing planned at one of our local primary school...jac is going to love it as theres a fire engine going to be there...we havent seen a real one yet and he loves fireman sam lol theres loads of play things there and theres an actress from one of the welsh kids programs which he likes too. Cant wait for him reaction:cloud9: we'll probably have a romantic evening once the babies are in bed..probably some wine and an indian takeaway:thumbup: nothing exciting but am happy if hubby and kids are happy :cloud9:

Xx

Sounds perfect :flower:

How annoying Moggy! I would be angry that they are just suggesting lub as it sounds like it's a problem they were already aware of. I hope they seriously test it before handing it back to you. Poor old Jack. I hope he feels better soon.

Thanks Claire. Last night was much better but we have the dreaded jabs on Thursday.. agghh! Is Ana still in your room?

Pip, I can't remember if you breast feed? The reason I ask is that Harry was weighed yesterday at 7 weeks + 4 days and was 12lb so I imagine at 8 weeks he's probably going to be exactly the same as S. H's curve has stopped rising at the same rate and my HV questioned me and suggested I eat and sleep more to help produce better quality milk. Today I went to the BF clinic and was told that was rubbish and that BF babies generally have a sharp gain in weight initially and then it slows right down so it won't follow the curve in the book.

Thanks Moggy re the sleeping bag! It really is very kind of you. Will let you know when it arrives. :hugs:

xxx

Any time :thumbup:

Curves are distorted in the UK by the trend for FF at the end of the 70s so they make FF babies look overweight and BF babies underweight. tbh if they look healthy and theyre gaining a steady gain for them and you get wet/dirty nappies it sounds all good!

Jack slept well last night then got woken at 5.41am by exploding nappy about 6 foot from my head! :dohh:

We got the sleeping bag today! Thanks again Moggy it is so cute. x

fingers crossed it brings a good nights sleep for you all :flower:

Hia ladies..

Brig- hope all went ok yesterday..as well as it could considering:hugs: hows miss p after the jabs?

Moggy- any news on the p&t??

Ann- hi hun

Went to mother and baby group today and really enjoyed it...also went with jac but was more relaxed having done it all before. Hope to do as mAny as i can considering i cant take jac.

Hugs to all

Xx

Thank you Claire xo

The mass was the hardest thing I have ever witnessed. I pray to God i never have to see a tiny white coffin again in my entire life. :cry:

P was a trooper...only screamed for a bit. Then she was real sleepy. No fever or anything...today she's a bit grumpy and very cuddly.

xo

Glad the mother and baby group went well Claire.

Brigitte, glad Peyton didn't react too badly to the jabs. Harry had his today and we saw his tears for the first time :( He was really screaming, poor sausage. Like P, he's been really sleepy since. He did have another bout of crying so we gave him some calpol and since then he's been fine.. infact we think he might have laughed a little for the first time!

Claire - lube and a washer due in post tomorrow, if it doesnt work then sending OH to :grr: at them!

Brig :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: am thinking of you and cuddling my boys that millisecond longer each time :hugs:

Ann - hope H has a good night and little Miss P too Brig

Lia/Yas/Lydia :hi:

Not seen Pip on for a while hoping shes ok

Jack back to the docs in the morning, third appt in four days, he had to provide sample today :dohh: Saw stand-in doctor who suggested he has the squits cos he needs baby rice WFT :dohh: HE IS 12 WEEKS OLD and doesnt want extra boob so why would he want baby rice???? :grr: Seeing our own doctor tomrrow so hoping for some sense! No poo since he did his sample before lunch though so....fingers crossed (guess it should be legs!) :haha:

:hug:

Brig- :hug::hug::hug:

Ann- glad harry is ok now...calpol is like some magic potion:haha: how cute him laughing..i thought Ana did the other day but im not counting it till im certain lol

Yas-hi hun:hugs:

Moggy- so you have to fix your own buggy or does JL do it? Hope you get some sense from docs tomorrow...baby rice WTF!!! The sad thing is thst some poor mother might actually listen to the damn doctor and would have tried some:growlmad:

Xx

Hi everyone!

Massive hugs Brig, like Moggy, I'm squeezing J extra tight and covering her in kisses.

Glad Jabs went ok for you both. Thats so sweet that he laughed, I cant wait for J to, she seems to be trying, when she gets really excited she sort of inhales and squeaks at the same time (another one to add to the wedding speech - speaking of which, I was telling DH about the farting in the night that was making me giggle and he questioned why I don't find his farting cute?!?!?!?!?!).

Hope you have a better appointment tomorrow Moggy, how infuriating about the baby rice!

Glad you had a good time at baby group Claire, I'm hoping to go to our NCT one next week which should be fun. I'm slightly worried that it will involve singing to our babies though, nobody apart from J in private needs to be subjected to my singing voice!!

I met up with some NCT girls today and we went for a cuppa and then a walk which was lovely. I forgot to take some milk for J and had to feed her in the cafe, I didn't have the best clothing for it and had to expose my very flabby/floppy tummy to everyone, I don't think the pensioners there were impressed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->