Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

I too am an only child and I LOVED it!!
I'm not selfish either...but I just saw all the fights that some of my friends with siblings had and I was happy not to have to deal with that. Although I love my friends and always had a nice fair size group of friends...I have always been more an introvert. I could sit in my room alone for hours, drawing, painting reading etc. I liked the quiet.
I had a great childhood with my parents and my mom was one of my best friends and we could/can talk about anything. Like I said I always had friends and cousins around if I wanted company,
Also, I wasn't spoiled per se, but I did usually get the things I wanted. However, I did many house chores, helped my parents when they needed me etc. I also had good grades and was a good kid so they wanted to reward me.

I really am loving everyone's openness about their labour etc.

Brigitte, your labour sounds horrendous. After hearing your stories I too will refuse an induction if I get overdue again. I can't believe you had to go through the majority alone! Can your HV product doctor talk through your notes with you? If it's affecting your decision on whether to have another it would be incredibly helpful for you.

I'm a middle child of 3 girls. I think I had it lucky as I had the best of both worlds. X

Im a middle child, big sis little bro, had a lovely childhood and still close to the family. Guess we were very lucky. Our intention for 2 is because with OH job it is inevitable we will have to move so it gives the boys a friends wherever we end up.

As for tools....we have the little tikes tool bench and tools but can defo recommend this little set....https://www.amazon.co.uk/Peterkin-2...f=sr_1_1?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1314689596&sr=1-1 but would suggest stick it in your amazon basket then the email you when the price changes....we bought it for a fiver and its fab. The big toolbenches might be a bit much for them until theyre older as they dont have the skills much before 2 and hitting yourself hurts :(

Moggy, how do you set up an email to notify you of price changes? I would find this very useful with Amazon as their prices can change so much so quickly.

you put it in your basket and then save it for later....if the price changes they email you :)

I really am loving everyone's openness about their labour etc.

Brigitte, your labour sounds horrendous. After hearing your stories I too will refuse an induction if I get overdue again. I can't believe you had to go through the majority alone! Can your HV product doctor talk through your notes with you? If it's affecting your decision on whether to have another it would be incredibly helpful for you.

I'm a middle child of 3 girls. I think I had it lucky as I had the best of both worlds. X

I really don't think they do that here? :shrug: I've never heard from anyone I know that they had this option. And we don't have HV's here? Only obstetricians and or midwives (I don't really think they serve the same purpose here as in the UK either? but I might be wrong?) Anyway, I try to tell myself that next time (if there's a next time) that everything will be normal...no leaking waters, no induction at 38 weeks, no 5 day hospital stay. I feel like if things would have progressed naturally it would have been much easier...my little miss wasn't really ready to make an appearance me thinks.

I have two brothers and my entire childhood is dominated by memories of the three of us. I think that's why I am so desperate for another child- I cannot imagine what being an Only is like, and it panics me at the thought of K missing out on what I had. But with that said, part of my fear comes from the thought of K being alone, as I had a truly horrendous childhood and my brothers were my little partners in crime. We got each other through it you know? How would I have survived without them? I was the youngest too and my eldest brother sacrificed his own childhood to protect ours as much as he could, he really took a lot to shelter us from some of it.

But on the flip side I think about how much I could give K- and only him- and it becomes more tempting. And I think, hope, pray he'll never need a partner in crime like we did.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Brig, that does sound horrible, I can understand why it was traumatic hun. Maybe when you are pregnant next time your midwife will be able to talk you through your notes?

I, like Ann, am the middle of three girls. In a similar situation to Yas, we were a big support to each other through some very tough times, we had a brilliant childhood though, we were complete tomboys and spent a lot of time playing together outside, making up games or having friends over and all playing together. I think most people will sway towards their sibling status (iykwim?), in an ideal world I'd love three (girls in particular!!). My sisters and I are SO close now, they truly are my best friends.

Brig, that does sound horrible, I can understand why it was traumatic hun. Maybe when you are pregnant next time your midwife will be able to talk you through your notes?

I, like Ann, am the middle of three girls. In a similar situation to Yas, we were a big support to each other through some very tough times, we had a brilliant childhood though, we were complete tomboys and spent a lot of time playing together outside, making up games or having friends over and all playing together. I think most people will sway towards their sibling status (iykwim?), in an ideal world I'd love three (girls in particular!!). My sisters and I are SO close now, they truly are my best friends.

The more I think about it the more I agree. Because Nathan and I have decided it's either only Peyton or a baby in a few years. I'm an only child and Nathan has a brother who is 5 years older. Makes sense!

I agree with Lydia. My sisters are my best friends. There's quite an age gap though. My little sister is 5 years younger and my big sister is 3 years older. We had a great childhood. It was very sheltered with lots of love. My folks weren't rich but they weren't poor either so we lead a modest life. X

Thanks for the replies everyone- I think you're right Lydia that people will steer towards what they know. Brig and Pip it was really helpful for me to hear two happy stories of Only Children.

On my news, the nursery I chose for K (that burnt down the week before I moved here!!!) re-opened yesterday! So we're off there today to make an appointment for a week on Friday (hopefully) to get a tour of it, and sign him up. He should be starting his settling in week the week beginning the 12th. Eeeeeeeeeek!

Yas- hope its all u want it to be :thumbup:

Just come back from the funeral...very very upsetting and sad :cry: i cant believe to imagine how they feel. They all just look so numb and theres not really anything u can do to help...words dont really cover it....
There will be many more cuddles here today
:hugs:

Xx

Oh Claire, its so sad, there's nothing you can say is there? I think we'll all be doing lots of cuddling our babies and thinking of your family. xx

Claire, Lydia is right. It's numbingly sad for those that don't even know the family so I just can't imagine how they're feeling right now. X

It's been very quiet here recently. Hope you're all doing well. I'm busy cleaning up our rental property as well as getting ready for Harry's party. My silly aunt has annoyed me though. We wanted only close family and friends but numbers are crazy already. Well my aunt has gone and invited some distant relatives. My mum has explained to her the situation but today the distance relatives called my mum to ask for the details! My mum is away and my sister was babysitting Harry (who got woken up by the call) so my sister wasn't aware so just gave her the details. Aghh! What makes matters worse is that my aunt, mum and Grandad were invited to the said distance relative's party which clashed with Harry's so we rearranged. So a. We're not invited (which is fair enough) and b. We've already been put out by changing the date so we couldn't use the hall we wanted as it was booked.

Aghh.. OK rant over! :) x

F&C, how annoying. Try not to let it get to you too much though.

I was thinking earlier that it has been quiet in here. We have had a lot going on...

Ann and Lydia, how are the preparations for your LO's birthdays going? What have you got planned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->