Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Having read the previous posts made me wonder how many Bumps & Flushes had a c-section? Also, apparently the waters only break (not just leak) in 10% of full-term pregnancies prior to labour. Mine did. Who else's?

My waters broke with Jac at 39 weeks 4 days ...but i had a non progessive labour...got induced and ended up with a csection :dohh:

xx

How awful but I didn't think to ask my dh. I just have and he's happy for me to do whatever I want. He obviously found it distressing though as he broke down crying when he thought back. :(

Bless him, poor thing had probably deliberately not thought about it for a while. I think its so easy to only concentrate on ourselves (well, lets face it, we're the ones in pain!), but I guess without the hormones and adrenaline for them it probably seems even worse.

Will PM you my address now, thank so much x

Waters didn't go they leaked an Dylan wasnt back to back either - he did have cord wrapped round his neck twice tho x

Ann (was it you?) perfect way of putting it - no baby here til the sleep increases and the love of boob decreases x

And the job interviews - I'm in limbo, the BF job had to reschedule some interview and couldn't do them tip 6th Sept, so I'm in the running but won't hear til 7th Sept!!! And the other interview is this Thursday, so guess I'll hear from both around the same time!

Thank you all - I think a lot comes down to me being tired as D is generally still hit and miss on sleeping, and hubby's is probably grumpiness that I'm too tired for snuggles so we both end up on a short fuse......lol...he took him for me this morn tho as he was a demon baby past night x

And Yas you're not a rubbish friend lol, and I'm sure you'll manage once you get in the rhythm! X

At my mums for the night, we are bringing loads of their Packed stuff over ready for the move, I'm off to bed lOvelies x

Yas- love the card u sent..thought id mentioned it:dohh:

Pic of SS tshirt is on facebook...cant post a link from my phone as i dont see the page url...will do tomorrow

Xx

PS - before I go to bed and forget I love the kitchen ideas you've all put up, I'm thinking a tool / workbench thing for D as daddy says no to a play kitchen *rolls eyes* so if anyone has any recommendations....!! X

What do your hubby's think? OH was more concerned about labour 2nd time around than I was...

We are still not completely decided on what we want to do, so haven't really thought that far. Saying that I feel (and so does OH) that luckily my labour and birth went really well, so I suppose that helps.

So Harry, K and J were all back to back, any others?

S was transverse from very early on (27 weeks or so), but luckily turned when we reached full term.

Good luck for the interview this week Lia, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you hun, how annoying about the rescheduled interview too and having to keep waiting that long. I hope the stress eases at home, it must be really tough, I struggle if J is up before 7! She really has spoilt me the last couple of months.

PpS - also fancy a home birth 2nd time, DH says I will 'need' epidural tho ha x x

Thought I'd share two pics with you.

First one was taken earlier showing S enjoying his savoury muffin. Thanks P&F for the recipe. :thumbup:

Second one taken the other day. When we went to see my grandparents a month ago, my grandma showed us some of my baby clothes that she has kept since I was little. I fell in love with these lovely cord dungarees with a slight flare (they look like new). So here you can see S wearing his mummy's 30 year old dungarees.

Attachments

• P1020004.jpg
    P1020004.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010984.jpg
    P1010984.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 6
PS - before I go to bed and forget I love the kitchen ideas you've all put up, I'm thinking a tool / workbench thing for D as daddy says no to a play kitchen *rolls eyes* so if anyone has any recommendations....!! X

I found some when I was looking for a toy tool set the other week. I quite like the look of the 1st one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pintoy-600...f=sr_1_1?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1314651035&sr=1-1

Another workbench here.

https://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+...with-tools-in-children-and-toddler-toys+b7463

And another kitchen here: https://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+petite-cuisine-in-children-and-toddler-toys+B7338

Just to add my two cents...I felt my labour/birth was fairly traumatic...I woke up the Friday morning at 5am with a leak, spent a better part of the morning at the hospital being checked...and was instructed that I'd come back the next morning to be induced. Didn't sleep that night because I was too nervous...was at the hospital by 9am saturday morning, was poked and prodded all morning again (monitors, vag exam twice, scan internal and external) and finally cervadil tampon was inserted around 12pm to begin induction. (my cervix was still long and hard) Irregular contractions started around 4-5pm. 11pm they started getting more regualar, 12:45 my water exploded all over the bed. From then on the contractions were STRONG and coming every couple of minutes... I laboured all night and thought I'd die from the pain and I was only 4cm dilated. I threw up, it was very gross. By 9am I was done....my whole body was shaking and I was worn out from no sleep. I requested an epi. I spent the whole day alone except for a few minutes here and there, my MW instructed Nathan and my family that I was to get my rest since I had only slept a couple hours in the last couple of days. I didn't really sleep... By mid-afternoon the epi was starting to wear off and I could somewhat feel the contractions again. I got to 10cm by 5:45-6:00pm and was instructed to start pushing. So when everyone was there I gave my first push...was promptly advised to "push like my life depended on it" or else they were wheeling my out for an emergency c-section. 2 more pushes and Peyton was born via a vacuum assisted birth on Sunday evening. That's when things really got crazy... I didn't sleep until tuesday afternoon because I was too worried that she'd stop breathing:wacko: Finally Tuesday my MW threatened to hide sleeping pills in my food if I didn't sleep (at this point I was borderline psychotic with the crying and panick etc...) My parents and Natahn were there so I slept 2 hours... Little did I know 2-3 hours of sleep was all I was going to get each day for a VERY long time...

Oh and also...I was as in much pain after my vaginal birth as some women I know who have had sections. It hurt to sneeze, cough, walk for a couple of weeks and the muscles in my lower abdomen really hurt for almost 6 week. (I couldn't lift grocery bags or put the stroller in the car.)

So that in a nutshell was my birth experience...and we're not lucky enough here to have the option of meeting someone to discuss our birthing experience. :(

I understand that your birth experience was traumatic for you, Brig. What a shame that there is noone professional you can discuss it with.

Another question to throw in. And again I know some of you have already mentioned previously that they have sibling themselves, but is anyone an only child? Or am I the only one. :shrug:

I have two brothers and my entire childhood is dominated by memories of the three of us. I think that's why I am so desperate for another child- I cannot imagine what being an Only is like, and it panics me at the thought of K missing out on what I had. But with that said, part of my fear comes from the thought of K being alone, as I had a truly horrendous childhood and my brothers were my little partners in crime. We got each other through it you know? How would I have survived without them? I was the youngest too and my eldest brother sacrificed his own childhood to protect ours as much as he could, he really took a lot to shelter us from some of it.

But on the flip side I think about how much I could give K- and only him- and it becomes more tempting. And I think, hope, pray he'll never need a partner in crime like we did.

I have two brothers and my entire childhood is dominated by memories of the three of us. I think that's why I am so desperate for another child- I cannot imagine what being an Only is like, and it panics me at the thought of K missing out on what I had. But with that said, part of my fear comes from the thought of K being alone, as I had a truly horrendous childhood and my brothers were my little partners in crime. We got each other through it you know? How would I have survived without them? I was the youngest too and my eldest brother sacrificed his own childhood to protect ours as much as he could, he really took a lot to shelter us from some of it.

But on the flip side I think about how much I could give K- and only him- and it becomes more tempting. And I think, hope, pray he'll never need a partner in crime like we did.

:hugs:

How did you find growing up as an only child, Pip?

I honestly really enjoyed it. Not because I am selfish person who didn't want to share my parents, toys, etc., but because I had a great childhood.

I come from a very loving and caring family and my mum spent so much time with me, which I loved. We played, read books, talked, everything really and she is one of my best friends. My parents tought me about sharing, respecting others and being a caring individual, which I think is the most important thing. I don't think there was ever a point when I wished I wasn't an only child. I think it is due to this and what you said above that I could imagine just having S.

But on the flip side I think about how much I could give K- and only him- and it becomes more tempting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->