Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Thanks hunnies...other photos pretty rubbish really especially havibg 2 small kids limits the photo taking time:dohh:

Lia- hope ur ok hun:hugs: we all have our good and bad times...bad can feel a lot worse if u let things get to u...i do and it can grind me down till i think logically and dont take stuff personally.:hugs: NOt trying to pry but have u thought of what specifically can upset either of u iykwim.

Yas- will pm my number prOnto lol

Xx

Lydia I found it so useful. Excuse the phrase but I found it gave me closure so I haven't really thought much about the labour until now, what with Harry's birthday coming up. I was told that the need to push so early is a sign of baby being back to back. I was told that as I laboured well as I dilated so quickly and went the whole way before they found Harry was stuck. They therefore have strongly recommended a vbac next time. The fact Harry was probably back to back was just bad luck and therefore the next baby will hopefully be the right way round. I am just going to go into labour open minded and if I need drugs and/or a c section I will go with it.

I really would recommend it, especially if it still upsets you. I went into the meeting thinking I had failed but came out feeling proud of what I got through. My body did everything it was supposed to and did it well. It was just unlucky that Harry was in the wrong position.

Thank you so much Ann, thats really useful. I'm so pleased it helped you. I rang to organise it and they were incredibly rude to me (I had to explain that I wasn't cross or angry with them, I just wanted to understand what happened and why it resulted in a section etc), I asked them to contact me to arrange a time to go in, they didn't call, so I called back a week later, when I was told that someone would call me - the did and I missed their call and got the stroppiest message, so I just gave up and didn't bother calling again. I think that perhaps when I'm pregnant I'll ask my community midwife if she would have time to go through the notes with at some point, she's absolutely lovely and I trust her to explain it properly (i.e. not speak to me in some condescending/patronising way) and make me not petrified of labour again. When we talk about it I'd like to go for a vbac, but like you, open to a section if it all goes the same way again. They did tell me though that second babies are likely to be bigger, and if the baby was bigger when scanned at 37 weeks, they would advise a section, so I guess the option would be taken away. The main reason I'd like to go into labour naturally is to see how I actually cope with it when its not an induced labour, but mainly because BFing is so important to me and I'd worry about the baby feeding if it was a planned section (I've read that it can be a problem). xx

Having read the previous posts made me wonder how many Bumps & Flushes had a c-section? Also, apparently the waters only break (not just leak) in 10% of full-term pregnancies prior to labour. Mine did. Who else's?

I can't believe that they were so rude to you! I went through my HV if that helps? They contacted the hospital on my behalf and then the hospital called me to make the appointment. Both the HV and hospital were really happy to help telling me they wished more people did!

If it helps I can email you my debrief?

I had heard that second babies are generally bigger buy didn't realise they then recommend a section. I would prefer not to have a planned one for the same reason as you. Harry was measuring 5 weeks older than he was at my scan which did worry me! I think if that happens again I may have to consider the section!

Both mine were waters going being first sign of labour .......didnt get a show with Mogster but did with Jack.

For us the second baby was bigger....but also later so 6lb 6oz Mogster at 35wks and Jack 10lb 2oz at 41wks.....

Neither came out screaming they both needed some help.

Mogster was early and shot out they said my cervix was closed at 10.30 and yet I was holding him at midday with him having arrived at 11.55am, Jack got stuck, shoulder dystocia and yet all was fine.

I put a great deal of stock in the midwife and her abilities both personally and professionally, so much so that had we being having a 3rd I would actually go through it alone with her as MW....we arent having a 3rd though and we live 150 miles away from her but you know what I mean :)

Cant wait for more BF&D babies :loopy:

Just a thought but how come they plan a section? Most folk have bigger babies second time around dont they?

My waters went. In fact, I had an entirely by-the-book labour.... I had a bloody show on Friday evening (knew *exactly* what it was as it was exactly how always described). Tons of energy and adrenalin over the weekend. Waters burst out of nowhere at 10pm Sunday night, and K was born at 6.58pm the following day.

Lydia, I had a debrief and found it really useful to understand everything I had wanted to know, about the complications in labour and what it means for my next birth. My sister in law (midwife) told me you can ask your GP to get a copy of your birthing notes (in fact, you can request them in writing too yourself) and the GP will go through them with you too, if you like before ttc no 2.

What do your hubby's think? OH was more concerned about labour 2nd time around than I was...

Thanks everyone, you're all brill.

Ann - If you really don't mind, I know its very personal, but I'd be really interested to read it as lots of things were fairly similar.

I think they just meant a section in my situation if the second baby was bigger because J was such a fatty at 9lbs4.5, and I'm fairly slight in build. Do you think it would be too late to try again and ask to speak to them? Maybe I will go via health visitor. If I can't do it that way then the GP route sounds like a good idea Yas, thank you.

Moggy - my midwife was so awesome, she was the reason I was considering a home birth.

Pip - my waters went half way through labour (a good 12 hours in). I didn't have any signs of labour starting, not even a braxton hicks! So induction it was, I do wonder how long it would have taken if I'd have waited, if I were in the same situation again I'd definitely go in for the daily monitoring and wait until maybe term+18 before agreeing to be induced (as long as it was no risk to the baby), I honestly think they got my dates wrong.

maybe your second will be a few weeks before EDD...? Most folk I know had their second before EDD or very close to it...probs due to chasing the first around :haha:

What do your hubby's think? OH was more concerned about labour 2nd time around than I was...

DH wants me to have a section. He is quite traumatised by my labour I think, he'd never even seen me faint until my labour, when I fainted about a gazillion times. He felt very helpless I'm sure. I initially said I'd like another section, mainly because my recovery was incredibly good and at the time the thought of labour made me feel physically sick, but now I'm not sure, I'd like to see how I coped with 'real' labour (not an induced/back-to-back/face first labour). The thing that makes me angry is that if they had just scanned me they would have seen that she was face first, but that would have cost them money and time... Poor little thing slept in her 'face first' position (head all the way back, like literally, back of the head against her back) for the first three months, she'd obviously been that way for rather a long time in there!

Blimey - this is therapy in itself!

maybe your second will be a few weeks before EDD...? Most folk I know had their second before EDD or very close to it...probs due to chasing the first around :haha:

Sounds good! I would never be induced again, I'd opt for a section rather than induction without a second thought, my poor body went from nothing to having contractions every 2 minutes/on top of each other within about 2 hours. Forcing that kind of thing can't be very good for anyone!

Aw little J! Your description reminds me of that naked photo of her doing gymnastics when she was teeny and nearly bent double backwards.

I'm definitely having a section next time. No doubt at all- and G agrees, he and my dad both found my labour fairly traumatic to witness. K being back to back and stuck in my birth canal for so long makes me feel terribly guilty, I still get upset when I see the newborn photos and how swollen his head was- it was awful.

So Harry, K and J were all back to back, any others?

Yas - don't blame you at all hun!

Claire - you opted for a planned section didn't you? How did you find it (sorry, I can't remember details)? Was it harder having Jac at home the second time? Did it slow your recovery?

Jack was but turned in labour then got stuck :dohh: Fab MW had me moving around and he turned, she also got him "unstuck" without having to cut me...Have I mentioned I love her :blush:

Do you think J was big because you went so overdue? Harry was 9lb on the nose and I'm pretty small. I guess they worry about the pressure on your scar and the fact a big baby is more likely to get stuck? I didn't like the first midwife. I think she was the main reason I felt like I had failed as she didn't seem at all sympathetic and kept telling me off for pushing.

Lydia I don't think it's too late and all they do is go through your notes which are there in black and white. Could you pm me your email address?

On a separate note, does anyone know if Lia had heard about the job interviews?

Lydia - I found recovery from the section quicker and less painful 2nd time round....combination of knowing what to expect, no stress of pre labour and all that....it was difficult with Jac around but you cope. I agree that i would never be induced again.....same as you...nothing at all contaractions wise (not feeling them anyway) and on drip for 9 hours then bang....hard and fast ...horrible with no breathing space. Nasty...combination of this and other stuff made me go csection. If it had been a few years dwon the line i may have opted to see how it goes first but defo not induction....but being so close together it was all too clear in my mind. Hubby backed me all the way as he also had some worried times 1st time round.

:hugs:

How awful but I didn't think to ask my dh. I just have and he's happy for me to do whatever I want. He obviously found it distressing though as he broke down crying when he thought back. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->