Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Poor Jack, how long has he had the squits now?

Lydia, K only poos every 4 days and has since he was 4 weeks old.. he's as regular as clockwork (I can even go so far as to say it'll happen between 12-3pm!). Doc said it's fine up to a week.

His op on Wed. I feel ROTTEN about it, so upset and emotional :(

Yas- huge hugs hun:hugs: i cant imagine how u feel but its all to mske him better so focus on that as much as u can:thumbup:

Moggy- awwww poor Jack...hope he gets over this soon poor thing.

Brig/lydia- hi ladies:flower:

Pip- love the babysitter lol

Were not too bad here...jac is going through a teething phase again so can be hard work at times. Ana is hard work when i give her a bottle now...she gets hysterical when i stop to wind her. Only started this past week:shrug: it really gets to me sometimes so hope its a phase.
So all in all its non stop here but still loving my brood so much:cloud9:

Xx

Thanks for the advice everyone! We had a very big sloppy one last night!

Aww Claire - I hope Jac's teething settles soon and it is "just a phase" (before I had J someone told me that this would become a particular phrase that I would love and use it to reassure myself on a regular basis - so true!).

Moggy, how is Jack today?

Yas, you poor thing, no wonder you're worried sick. I'm here as a virtual shoulder to cry on if you need it, hugs hun, keep us updated, I hope it all goes really well and he's back to his wonderful happy gorgeous self very quickly.

Hi everyone else!

Moggy, any news on the test results? I hope it is good news for you.

Yas, you are understandably worried, but as the others said it is for his best. And you need to be strong for him. Huge :hugs:

Claire, hope both your LO's are feeling better soon.

MrsMils, glad your poo problem sorted itself this morning.

Everyone else :hi:

We have been to Baby Signing again today and once again S slept pretty much through it in his sling. :cloud9:

Yas big hugs hun - your little man is strong but as a mum we will always worry won't we - you know where I am xxx

Moggy any update on Squits? Hope he is ok :thumbup:

Pip - Baby signing sounds fab what do you do?

One handed typing so will try and pop back later - hello all :hi:

No news re sample - they said end of the week - wtf? Still squitty but hes very cheerful despite it. Tried his new snowsuit on today he looks so cute - it fits except the hood and sleeves are too big and too long, legs and body fit fine....3 months old today and hes wearing a 6-9 snowsuit :dohh:

Yas - sending huge hugs and wishing K all the best for tomorrow, its worse for you than him as he doesnt know...its for the best though and he will be back in his jumperoo in no time :hugs:

Everyone else :hi: Thanks for the good wishes etc for Jack, its lovely to know youre all there. :friends:

Hi Ladies!

Claire: Peyton does the same thing when I switch breasts or burp her. It soooo gets on my nerves...the high pitchn't any indication on how sed shrieking. I hope this ithey'll be as toddlers!:haha:

Yas: Big hug :hugs: Little K will be great!! xo

Moggy: Hope we hear something soon about those results!

So nothing much to report here, my baby (a.k.a. little devil :haha:) has been a handful. Still has crap feeds, is back to waking up twice a night and taking an hour to get back to sleep...UGH! So tired. I keep telling myself its all related to her tongue tie...but what if it's not. And she keeps being a challenge even after its released?? :cry:

In other news we have a wedding this weekend. My parents will be babysitting. I will feed P before we head to church and again after...but then my mom needs a feed for during the reception...and well pumping still sucks for me :growlmad: We'll see what happen.

Oh! And I'm loving cloth diapering, washed my first dirty batch yesterday! I think this may become an addiction! :haha:

xo

Brig hun send her to me - if I'm up with Dylan I may as well be up with another :winkwink:

No idea whats different about my monster but he's never slept through :shrug:

Weighed in at 13lb 7oz today so still nicely following his line which keeps the HV happy at least lol.

Pip - Baby signing sounds fab what do you do?

I first read about it on this forum. There are DVD's where you can learn it at home or classes. We have a class that is running in our local children centre and it is free. :thumbup:

Basically it is about enabling your baby to communicate with you before he can actually speak.

Here are some benefits of the Tinytalk website:

- knowing what your baby is thinking about, how they are feeling or what they are wanting
- giving your baby a means to express themselves, months (if not a full year) ahead of words being spoken
- 'tuning in' to your baby, giving them your time and attention
- allowing your baby to feel very happy, knowing that you've understood them!
- minimising tantrums that come from not understanding eachother
- introducing language to your baby, which then gives them the confidence to speak
- giving them a great foundation in speech and language in the pre-school years - so that they start school fully prepared and not playing 'catch up'

You can have a wee read here: https://www.tinytalk.co.uk/

We learn a few signs each week and then we sing songs that include the signs. It's fun. :thumbup:

No news re sample - they said end of the week - wtf? Still squitty but hes very cheerful despite it.

I guess no news is good news, Moggy. And at least he is cheerful.

Yas, good luck for tomorrow. We will be thinking of you and K.

Lia what is the longest he has slept for in one go? Ironically we have to get up once with Jack every night but we dont do a dream feed so we never get a full unbroken night. If we did the dream feed thing I reckon he would still wake up in the night but not tempted to try, I like my 10pm bed and my 6.30 wake up. Jack goes 7-6.30 with a feed and change in the night. Ironically sleeping through isnt that long, I think it is a 6 hour stretch 11pm-5am....:wacko: Dont know anyone who keeps those hours!!!!

He is such a happy boy Im sure the sleeping will come in time. With Mogster we had him cluster feeding all evening til we went to bed, it was draining, even then he would still wake in the night. This time around we have been firmer in the routine and its bath and bed by 7.30 no matter what these days and he seems to thrive on it. Just these bloomin squits to sort out. How can doc say results today but receptionist says no they wont be here til at least friday....friday will be over a fortnight of the squits!!!! Will persevere with cuddling him better....

Thinking of you and K Yas :hugs:

Ironically sleeping through isnt that long, I think it is a 6 hour stretch 11pm-5am....:wacko:

I read too that a baby's sleeping through is anything over 5 hours, not like an adults sleeping through.

Would kill for 5 hours. We have had 4, but not very often, it is a distant dream, last night was ridiculous....

Generally it is 2.5hrly, from 730-730. with a block of 3 hrs if I'm lucky. No rhyme or rhythm to it even though we're consistent with bed because he kicks off if we miss the bath or whatever lol.....

Tired mummy today :sleep:

Good luck Yas and K xxxxxxxx

Hi ladies, sorry I've been awol! It's been a busy week.

Moggy, how is Jack doing now?

Claire, I can't believe Jac is teething already. I'm starting to wonder if Harry is too as his fist is always in his mouth. Could it just be that he's seeking comfort from it or do you reckon it could be teething?

Yas, I can't imagine how you must feel. I am dreading Harry's next set of jabs so goodness knows how I would cope with an op. Massive :hugs: my lovely. I've always had a massive amount of respect for you and the way you coped with the whole Gary thing so I know you are strong and will cope but at the same time I know it won't be easy. I really feel for you and K.

Brig, thanks for the info on the poo! lol! Harry is the same with the shrieking, even when he lets go by himself! It's a nightmare isn't it.

Lia and Brig.. I am also up twice a night so we should all take it in turns with the babies!

Lia, wow that's a good weight! Harry was 12lbs at his weigh in last Monday. The weight isn't going on as quickly now but I was told at the BF clinic that this is normal for BF babies. Plus my dh and I are quite small and he was born at a hefty 9lb so his weight is stabilising.

Pip, I think baby signing is a great idea. I might give it a go when H is a bit older.

Moggy, we tried a dream feed once and I don't think it worked for us. H sometimes is quite a deep sleeper and therefore goes quite a while before his first nightime feed. If we dream feed him, he goes in to a lighter sleep so wakes at the same time. He's in the sleeping bag you sent us today so I'll let you know how we get on!

Harry's sleeping has been much better recently. He's going down between 7-8pm and then wakes roughly every 3 hours. Sometimes he's a b*gger to put down and recently he keeps filling his nappy so I have to get him changed. I feel bad for my dh as I need the lights on so he gets woken up. We had a naming day on Sunday and poor H was so knackered that he slept for 5 hours straight!! He woke at midnight, then 5am and then 8am!! I was soooo happy!!

Harry is currently going through a phase of hating the car. Does anyone have any experience of this? I heard this was quite uncommon? He's fine in his seat until I start the engine. It's driving me crazy as his cries just escalate. He's fine if one of us are in the back with him, with our little finger in his mouth!

:hi: Lydia and Sophie! xx

Yas-thinking of you and K...hope all went well for you both:hugs::hugs:

Xx

Claire, I can't believe Jac is teething already. I'm starting to wonder if Harry is too as his fist is always in his mouth. Could it just be that he's seeking comfort from it or do you reckon it could be teething?
I can ....... hes 18 months old :rofl: :rofl:
I think u confused between my babies lol
But something tells me Ana may be teething
too even though we may not see anything for a while. I know they all chew hands and drool but Ana has been so much worse than Jac and a few months earlier too. Jac never got his 1st tooth till 9 months so only time
will tell. Its the only thing that explains the nightmare we have trying to feed her...she gets hysterical for no reason and can refuse the bottle for ages once shes upset. Tried all sorts and its no better.. And its only been this past week:shrug:

Xx

Not sure if Yas and K are back home or still in hospital? Either way, Yas, we are thinking of you both. :hugs:

Ann- he could well be teethong even if u dont get a tooth for ages..... but chewing hands is an exploring thing too:shrug: So its always a guessing game untill u have real proof:haha:

Xx

Ann - Dylan has started recently chewing his fist too :shrug: seems to think he can get the whole thing in :dohh:

Also - Dylan sounds the opposite in teh car. He hates getting in the car seat, getting in the car, but as soon as the engine is on (or I am revving, to be precise) he is fine.

To the extent that when I stop at traffic lights if he's awake he goes nuts as I'm no longer revving lol.

I have got a thing from mothercare or ELC (same store here) that is a cotbumper / book - its yellow, black and white patterns etc, and one has a mirror on too. I hooked this over the back seat so he was facing it and he now spends time flirting with the baby in the mirror, might be an idea? :shrug:

Yas and K are doing fine - I believe they were stopping in overnight, but she put a pic up on facebook yesterday I think and he looked happy enough with himself lol bless him. Not heard anything further :flower:

Dylan asleep......slow cooker on.......I am a domestic goddess in training haha...

Oh Lordy Claire, where has my brain gone?!!! lol!!

Lia, we've got that book too (or one like it) so will give that a go.

Glad Yas and K are ok. Was talking to my dh about them last night as I would be a wreck if H had to have an op.

We have that book too:haha: We got it as a gift for Jac when he was born from a work friend. Its been through the washer a few times and still looks in prime condition. Ana has itnow.

Ann- lol.. U made my day anyway:hugs:

Pip- hia hun:hugs:

Lia- show off... Ill still be in training when the kids
leave home lol

Moggy- hoping the squits have gone... Hope ur ok :hugs:

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads