Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Pip, I can't remember if you breast feed? The reason I ask is that Harry was weighed yesterday at 7 weeks + 4 days and was 12lb so I imagine at 8 weeks he's probably going to be exactly the same as S. H's curve has stopped rising at the same rate and my HV questioned me and suggested I eat and sleep more to help produce better quality milk. Today I went to the BF clinic and was told that was rubbish and that BF babies generally have a sharp gain in weight initially and then it slows right down so it won't follow the curve in the book.

Yes, I breast feed. It is the way the HV's ask, isn't it? How cheeky of her to suggest you eat and sleep more. :growlmad:

Not seen Pip on for a while hoping shes ok.

I am back, Moggy. We spontaneously went to Scotland with Daddy for two days. Will report more later.

Little S is not quite his little self at the moment. OH are beginning to think that he might be going through the teething process. He is okay one minute and the next he just starts crying...with real tears. He has never done that before. He is slobbering a lot...all the time really. And keeps chewing his little fists and thumb. He looks sooo cute when he does that. :cloud9: He is also not feeding as much as normal. Just hope he is okay and starts feeling better soon.

Hi Ladies!

Thank you all for the hugs :hugs:

Pip:p is acting the same way right now??? I sit her in her ocean wonders bouncer and she drools up a storm?? Also whiny and not feeding well...but I thought maybe her jabs?

So, I have finally bought my first batch of cloth diapers (and just ordered the rest! lol) Here's what I got.
-2 gdiaper covers
-1 flip OS (1 insert)
-1 Totsbots pocket (1 insert)
-2 used Happy Heinys pocket
-2 new Happy Heinys (2 inserts each)
-8 cotton inserts
-6 swaddlebees unbleached prefolds
-2 Snappies
-100 bummis biosoft liners
-Whammies door hanging wet bag
-Wee huggers wet bag (like a diaper bag for on the go)
-3 samples of Rockin green
-1 sample of crunchy clean
On order
-4 Kawaii pocket diapers
-1 cover

OK so what do you think!? I should be well off for my start with cloth diapering right!??

xo

Brig, S's jabs have now been over a week ago, so I don't know if that would still be it? :shrug:

As for the cloth diapers: I don't really have a clue what I am looking at, but it sounds good and plenty to start of with. :thumbup:

Are any of you ladies planning on taking LO to a bonfire (obviously an organised one)? I have read that as long as you protect their ears and don't go too close to the fire (which we wouldn't anyway), it is fine and they would enjoy the fireworks etc.

But I am still not 100% convinced it would be alright for his ears and hearing.

Hi ladies hope you're all okay :hugs:

How is the pram moggy? Shocking! :shock: and can't believe the baby rice comment..............

Ladies my friend has just had a LO, and at 2 days the midwife said "She is obviously going to be a baby who needs weaning onto solids early so you will only have to BF for 4 months" :shock: ????

We went out for tea last night, just me and DH while grandad had Dylan for an hour. It was nice actually just having some time with him :thumbup:

Then DH put Dylan to bed for the second night.......but this time after a bottle....on his own. Plonked him in the cot awake, and he put himself to sleep :shock: he is still feeding often through the night but c'est la vie.

Dylan is also chewing his hands and being fractious - somebody mentioned their LO was doing that? He has been a bit grumpy these last couple of days :dohh:

Argh I've had a break in writing this while DH arrived home so going to have to go back and re-read as I've forgotten everything I wanted to write lol :dohh:

Did any of you see this article? Extending BFing and cosleeping mama! https://www2.babyandbump.com/?id=37...reastfeeding/453943-some-good-press-last.html

Are any of you ladies planning on taking LO to a bonfire (obviously an organised one)? I have read that as long as you protect their ears and don't go too close to the fire (which we wouldn't anyway), it is fine and they would enjoy the fireworks etc.

But I am still not 100% convinced it would be alright for his ears and hearing.

Hubby wants to do some fireworks for Dylan - might keep him at the window yet as we are doing it over at his folks barn, not sure what to do either :shrug:

Ladies my friend has just had a LO, and at 2 days the midwife said "She is obviously going to be a baby who needs weaning onto solids early so you will only have to BF for 4 months" :shock: ????

:shock: So I take it the MW is clairvoyant then?

Then DH put Dylan to bed for the second night.......but this time after a bottle....on his own. Plonked him in the cot awake, and he put himself to sleep :shock: he is still feeding often through the night but c'est la vie.

That's great news. :thumbup:

Dylan is also chewing his hands and being fractious - somebody mentioned their LO was doing that? He has been a bit grumpy these last couple of days :dohh:

I think it might have been Claire? And she also suspected it might be due to teething. I read that the teething process can start as early as this, but it can take months for any teeth to break through. :coffee:

Jack back to the docs in the morning, third appt in four days, he had to provide sample today :dohh: Saw stand-in doctor who suggested he has the squits cos he needs baby rice WFT :dohh: HE IS 12 WEEKS OLD and doesnt want extra boob so why would he want baby rice???? :grr: Seeing our own doctor tomrrow so hoping for some sense! No poo since he did his sample before lunch though so....fingers crossed (guess it should be legs!) :haha:

:hug:

I'm surprised you didn't think of the baby rice yourself, Moggy. :wacko:

How did it go today with your normal doctor? I hope he/she had better advice than baby rice.

Well, I told you we went to Scotland with Daddy. Have a look at this thread. https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/454789-wants-see-our-celebrity-nanny.html

Normal doc today was great, he thinks its some kind of tummy virus and that best thing we can do is BF and snuggle Jack through it and to try and maintain his normal routine so that his little body can regain control....so today we have tried to keep feeds/sleeps as much the same as pre-squits as possible and am hoping we get a good night tonight, he was in bed and asleep by 7.15 so anything after 2.15 is a fabulous result for him....we dont dream feed cos Im always asleep by then :dohh:

Baby rice comment made me cross because his little body is not ready for food, even if it is "just baby rice" to start giving baby rice now would mean an early start to weaning which we dont want to do, Mogster was weaned early at 19 weeks and only because he was completely ready and because he was starting to falter on just BF alone as he refused point blank to take a bottle, instead he would take a little EBM in a cup but no more so we started baby rice with EBM under GP's advice, we went very slowly and it was fine, this time with Jack I would like to try baby led weaning so its way to early to think of baby rice as he isnt sitting well enough to say he sits o his own - hes only 12 weeks old bless him!!!

Should hear results of his sample next week and our doc is calling us on monday for a check on how Jack is over the weekend. Im hoping the BF and snuggles and maintaining his own routine will help make him better....also planning to bring out the jumperoo tomorrow, he loves the overdoor bouncer so figure the jumperoo will be a winner!

Jack does the fist in his mouth thing, we think its early stages of teething and have some teething granules at the ready, not tried them yet as wary of anything and everything with his dicky tum, even my diet!!! Tried eatig really plain diet for a day or two to see if my milk was causing upset but made no difference :nope:

Anyway must dash as have a few journals to catch up on in the old ttc gang - most of whom are now preggos or new mummies :happydance:

Have a lovely weekend all - ooh and fireworks, hat and hood and bubs in sling should sort it, sling means baby will snuggle in so only one ear on show and you can always cover with your hand...:thumbup:

Moggy, good news on your doctor's appointment and doctor taking you seriously. Fingers crossed your little man will be back to his usual ways soon.

I'm surprised you didn't think of the baby rice yourself, Moggy. :wacko:

I hope you didn't think I was being serious, Moggy. I was having a go at the doctor suggesting such a ridiculous thing. As you said he is way to young to start weaning.

No I knew you were joking, :) scary thing is the doctor was serious :shock: Even more scary is in Israel weaning at 8 weeks is the norm :shock:(according to my usual doc who says Jack needs BF and snuggles)

Jack slept through til 2.45am then woke for change and feed then back to sleep til this morning :happydance: Much happier in himself and his nappies are getting less liquid more runny poop (sorry if TMI :oops:)

Hello???

Where is everyone? Hope you and your LO's are all okay.

:hi: Still squitty here :(

You ok?

Oh, I am sorry to hear that, Moggy. Is he feeding well and feeling okay'ish though or do you still have to give him the medicine?

We are okay. We are off to Baby Club in a bit. Subject is teething, so should be interesting.

He is still feeding well and lively enough in himself its just the issue of the squits :shrug: I know BF babies have runny poo but this is runnier than my cup of tea! Colour not so great and the graininess is worrying. Test results from sample due back tomorrow just hope they show something to explain why my poor little man has the runs. Feel so helpless just want to be able to make it better for him

Oh no, poor Jack!

We're on poo watch here, no poo for nearly 2 days... on saturday we had a major explosion (down legs, up belly and back) and then nothing since. How long is too long for a baby not to poo for?!

Pip - LOVE the new nanny!!

How is everyone else?

Mogster used to regularly go 5 days between them....Jack is currently few hours MAX!

Hi Ladies!

Sorry to hear about Jack :-( I can never tell if Peyton has the runs or if it's just normal BF baby poo?

Ann: When I was reading about "If baby is getting enough milk" I read this web page. It's from Dr. Jack Newman...he is a breastfeeding guru here in Canada! And is known internationally too.. anyway he says this

"Some breastfed babies, after the first three to four weeks of life, may suddenly change their stool pattern from many each day, to one every three days or even less. Some babies have gone as long as 20 days or more without a bowel movement. As long as the baby is otherwise well, and the stool is the usual pasty or soft, yellow movement, this is not constipation and is of no concern. No treatment is necessary or desirable, because no treatment is necessary or desirable for something that is normal."

Here is the website it's on https://www.drjacknewman.com/help/Is My Baby Getting Enough Milk.asp

Hope this helps!

xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back