Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Brig- you can try to coax her like i did but i font think it made any difference, she'll go when sges ready. Ana has been standing over 2 months sooner than Jac did but both are walking at exactly the same time..:shrug:

Hows the business...seems ur getting busier hun

Xx

Well she walked her farthest distance tonight!!! Anout 3 feet...between her little chair and her newborn to toddler rocking chair!!!

And business isn't too bad 3 tutu orders this week and I have 7 or 8 pairs of slippers to make!

OK have found what I have been talking about Brig. Apparently they're called jiffy grips..

https://astore.amazon.com/cheapamazon02-20/detail/B004UABM3U

Alternatively the 3d puff paint you can buy at most craft shops do the job.

https://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse...arts-crafts-99/287897-baby-slippers-help.html

Hope that helps?

If I bought some fabric and had it delivered to you would you mind? I'm not really sure what I want yet but maybe I will know when I see it.

Claire, loving your photo on facebook! Foxy lady! ;) x

Or this..

https://sewing.about.com/od/fabrics...er-Grip-Or-Dritz-Anti-Slid-Gripper-Fabric.htm

https://www.etsy.com/listing/82583018/slipper-grippers-non-slip-slipper-bottom

Brig - Go Peyton :happydance::happydance: Buiness is building so that really good hun...takes time so will be worth it and you can do it from home :thumbup: I would love to be more creative and have all these exiting ideas.

Ann - Foxy...i dont think so lol.. :haha:

xxx

OK have found what I have been talking about Brig. Apparently they're called jiffy grips..

https://astore.amazon.com/cheapamazon02-20/detail/B004UABM3U

Alternatively the 3d puff paint you can buy at most craft shops do the job.

https://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse...arts-crafts-99/287897-baby-slippers-help.html

Hope that helps?

If I bought some fabric and had it delivered to you would you mind? I'm not really sure what I want yet but maybe I will know when I see it.

Claire, loving your photo on facebook! Foxy lady! ;) x

Ann! Thanks for all those links. Turns out we were thinking of the same fabric.
However, can't find it in my area :(. And there isn't anywhere that will ship it here for less than an arm and a leg. So while I was googling a couple weeks ago I good that fabric paint idea so that's why I'll do. I bought glow in the dark fabric paint.

And Ann, of course you can ship me some fabric if you like. But I'm afraid it will cost you a lot to ship. But let me know what you decide!

Moggy, I stocked up on navy fleece today... So if you decide you want slippers Im ready for you! Lol

trying to suss out the sizing :wacko: Mogster is in between sizes so unsure whether to go up or down? What would you recommend?

Moggy, I would say either go up so he'll grow into them... OR you can measure his foot for me and I can make them so they fit properly now. :)

Evening Bumps and Flushes,

How is everyone? No post on here for 4 days? What is everyone up to?

Not much new to report here. We have booked the Santa Steam Train today. :happydance:

Hi Pip and everyone!

The avatar is gorgeous Pip!

Sorry I haven't been on, been catching up from being away. We stayed until nearly midday on the Sunday, J seemed absolutely fine and rash had gone, thank you all for your reassurances, like some of you said, they thought it was just a virus related to the cold she'd had. We had a nice time away, but I missed her too much to really enjoy it, I can't say I'll be wanting to go away any time soon. Good work side of the trip though.

How is everyone doing?

I'm under pressure from DH to start NTNP, but I'm not sure I want a summer baby, the main reason being that DH will always be busy with work during July?Aug, but apart from that - how do you guys rate it?!

xx

It must have been so hard being away from J. I still can't imagine being away from Harry overnight but tbh he still wakes for boob occasionally and goes mental if I'm not there.

We've decided to ttc in the new year, partly due to not wanting a summer baby but that's more to do with schools tbh. Also I still haven't had a period so not sure if I would be able to conceive any time soon.

As most of you have seen from fb, my sister had a 'little' boy on Friday weighing 9lb 12oz whom she's called Samuel Robert. I've only met him once so far and no cuddles so I'm just waiting for my sister to get intouch before popping round again. I can't wait! X

Thank Ann, well, schools is definitely a consideration, as we would then have a gap of a year in between them, rather than following years. I think I'll stick to the original plan of starting trying in Dec/Jan, who knows, this time it may take a long time for me to fall pregnant.

I saw on Facebook - thats brilliant (you know how much we love chubby babies!), I hope your sister gets in touch soon so that you can go and have some cuddles - I bet that'll make you broody!

When is the move date for the house?

MrsMils, glad to hear that J was fine and you had a good trip. Can't blame you though about missing her, I still haven't spend a night apart from S either mainly as we still co-sleep and he still wakes up during the night for a boobie.

As for the summer baby: I think a summer baby is nice. Nice birthday parties outside. Were you TTC when you fell pregnant with J or were you NTNP?

Congrats on the birth of your nephew and becoming an auntie to Samuel Robert. Hope you can go around there for some cuddles soon.

I have two summer babies and I have yet to see a downside....birthday is half a year away from christmas, their birthdays are close to the summer holidays so you wont ALWAYS have to invite the entire school class unless they and you want to, the sun allows for garden parties or birthday bbq's. Mogster is one of the youngest in his year but so long as you feel theyre ready to go full time when they start school theyre fine, if they have a birthday after April you are allowed to phase their entry in most schools anyway - we debated it but as the school do phased entry over a month to introduce them here we didnt need to think about it. He is one of the happiest children to go into school so dont think being young affects him...

Only negatives I can think of are related to pregnancy itself as its hard looking after a little one in the summer when heavily pregnant as its so hot and you get more tired more quickly cos of the heat. Also youre more prone to fluid retention :(

Go for it as it will happen when it is meant to and you would kick yourself waiting if it didnt happen straight off and you then ended up with a summer baby anyway.

Ann love the name and the fact she had a big bubba, cannot wait for pics of the new auntie and her gorgeous nephew. How is she getting on? Was it an easy birth?

Been very quiet in here recently, hoping we are all busy with our families and enjoying plenty of AD :hugs:

:blush: Well done leaving her and having a break, I have had one night away from Mogster since he was born and that was when I was having Jack....wouldnt change it as they make my world complete :cloud9: Bet the cuddle when you got home was the best ever! Did she do the little person classic of come running as if youd been gone years and then after a quick cuddle go off and play? Hope she did as it means she loved that youre home but was chilled that youd been away. Give her a snuggle for me, thought of her when saw Jack with DD earlier :)

Go for it as it will happen when it is meant to and you would kick yourself waiting if it didnt happen straight off and you then ended up with a summer baby anyway.

I agree with Moggy.

I agree with moggy.....you can never trully plan a baby as it can take 1 month or 2 years :shrug: I have an April and August baby and seen advantages and disadvantages to both...for both me and them really. I walked everyday with Jac during the summer but with Ana autums/winter sets in so its harder to get about. But i didnt find it difficult preggers over the summer as i love waering vests and shorts and sandals lol so i prefered it in some ways. So go with your gut :hugs:

Ann - Congrats to all the family on the new arrival :happydance:

Fairly busy here, did a 2 day manual handling course at the hospital last week. Very enjoyable and learnt a lot. Cant wait to start now :thumbup: Also working on my first OU assignment...hopefully i will do ok...drafted it today and will revise and submit tonight or tomorrow....excited and nervous about doign well

Have also had my shift for the 1st 2 weeks in the hospital...strat on a sunday with a 12.5 hour shift...it will probably kill me :haha:

loves to all
xxx

12.5 hours :shock: Excellent news but make sure you pack a good few snacks for breaks etc. How do you feel about starting? Exciting stuff :)

Thank you all so much for your advice on Summer babies - you have definitely convinced me! (and if his son/daughter's birthday isn't a reason for DH to take a day off work then I don't know what is!), however..... we are now going to be moving in January, which puts a spanner in the works and I think is going to make me hold off trying until we're in the new house, there is no way that I can handle moving when I'm as tired as I was first trimester last time (and I'm bound to get MS this time too!), so I think the decision has been taken out of my hands. Some friends have a house up here that they can't justify keeping as a second home for the next few years, so we're going to rent, it'll give us a lot more space downstairs and a much bigger garden, as well as being in the same village as my sister, so its a no-brainer really. I'm quite excited now!

Well done on assignment Claire, I hope you get it in smoothly, and woah, 12.5 hour starting shift, repeat after me "think of the money, think of the money" (plus its the career you want to get into!!).

Moggy - she gave me a 'shaking with excitement' look and squeal, so a gave her a massive cuddle, but then she just wanted to be put back down to play with her cousins!! Any news on hubby's work?

Pip - it was our first month of TTC, and his swimmers were obviously in fine form because it was literally the first time, turns out I ovulated early, although post-baby its smack-bang in the middle and my cycle has shortened. I was SO lucky to get pregnant so quickly, seeing what my sister is going through makes me even more grateful now.

Yas - how is uni going? Got past all the hideous ice-breaker stuff?

Love to all of you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->