Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Pip if he used to settle and now doesnt have you thought to try a mobile....maybe one with lights on the ceiling that he can watch calmly in his cot...? Jack isnt a fan and still likes to chat himself to sleep but Mogster always loved it and still does - he calls it box music now and just has the tune not the mobile :wacko:

Yas - we used to have good nights, hard for boobie baby to go ALL night 7-7 but we used to get 7-3 3.15-7 so waking up now is hard!!! Especially when have to get up and drop Mogster at school by 8.30! Jack is deffo having a growth spurt though so hoping once it calms down the squits do too and we get some longer runs.... (runs :haha:)

:haha:

Hadn't thought of the mobile or lightshow idea. Which ones do you ladies have or would you recommend and can you choose to have just the light show without the music?

Yas, it's good to hear K is already smiling again. With your love he will have forgotten about it in no time. :hugs:

Brig, good luck today. Really hope this sorts out your feeding issues. How soon after can you see results?

And a quick BF feeding question: Do you always offer your LO's both sides (day and night)?

Jack still feeds just one side each feed :shrug:

Re lightshows Im not sure about them as we had one and it no longer works...think Claire has one though....:hi: Claire :flower:

Hey Ladies!

So just getting ready to leave to go to the hospital with P. Ugh!

Pip: From what I've read, 80% see improvements in 24 hrs and 20% in 48hrs. Fingers crossed. And I always give her both boobs. I just got used tothat with the switch nursing I was doing to try to increase milk.

xo

Hope she doesnt get too distressed, be strong for her. Extra snuggles will help you both! :hugs:

Yas-glad all went well... K will be over it soon... The smiles are a good indication:hugs: thanks for the support too hun:flower:

Moggy- hope the growth spurt does the trick for Jack :hugs:

Ann- i would also be keen on your new venture :thumbup:

Pip- i have this one but you have to have both music and lightshow... I would recommend it:thumbup:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00020IPDW/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1289570369&sr=8-1

Brig- good luck hunny... Will be thinking of you and miss p:hugs:

Xxx

Hi ladies,

So we're back from the hospital. It went well, we waited longer than what it took. The Dr. has us wait just outside the room though, so we didn't actually see. She cried, but it was no worst than when she had a meltdown cause she is tired etc... I nursed her at the hospital than the Dr had a look at her again and off we went. Now I just finished nursing her again...she's tied...I'm tired...I think we're having a PJ day.

xo

Aww, well done little Miss P (and of course mummy and daddy). PJ day sounds good. :thumbup: Keep us posted how you are getting on.

^^ what she said, well done little miss P and well done mummy and daddy for being strong outside :flower:

So Peyton is pretty cranky this afternoon :-/ I just gave her more tylenol and she seems really sleepy still so I'm just letting her nap on me. Best part....I feel like i'm getting another cold. UGH!!!!!! :-(

Glad Miss P is ok Brig. Big hugs. xx

I also get Harry to feed on both sides if possible. x

Well done Brig, I'm so pleased it went well, you're a superstar for being so brave (and so is Peyton of course!!!).

Moggy - how is Jack this evening?

I only ever feed J on both sides for her last feed at night, I have no idea if this is the right thing to do, but it seems to be what she demands/needs, she doesn't need the other one during the day it seems?

J seems to be getting into a good sleeping pattern - she naps downstairs until late evening (when DH gets home) and then has her 'big' feed (after bathtime/pjs etc) at about 11pm, she's consistently sleeping through until about 6/7am, sometimes later. If she has a feed before 7am she generally goes back to sleep for a couple more hours. We haven't tried to get her into this routine, she's just settled herself into it - I'm sure it'll all go to pot soon enough!!

We're thinking of putting her down earlier as of tomorrow - bath etc at 7pm, bed, then dream feed at 10.30pm. We've got a video monitor arriving tomorrow so I'll feel comfortable leaving her upstairs on her own. I don't know whether this is achievable/right, but I'm terrified of losing the above sleeping pattern, which is perfect for us - I'm nearly always getting a good chunk of sleep.

Hope you've all got nice weekends planned!

:hi: Lydia -Jack doing ok...HV has called back she is inclined to think he is suffering secondary lactose intolerance caused by the initial bug when he was vomiting as well....this "should" resolve in "up to 8 weeks" In the meantime Im to continue feeding as I am :shrug: If it doesnt we are to see our usual doc fortnightly until it goes or until we are able to start weaning as solids should help his gut heal itself. Hope it resolves itself as really fancied trying BLW this time....

Like you we only feed double boob for the final feed and we too get a 7-8 hour stint out of it. Unfortunately I am falling asleep come 10pm so an 11pm feed is unlikely and Jack doesnt want to eat if we wake him instead we get our feed time around 3am. Hes having a growth spurt at the moment though and waking twice during the night, last 2 nights at 1am and 4.30am :dohh:

Nite all :flower:

*hope P and K wake up a little happier tomorrow :hugs: *

Morning all,

How is everyone? Since our babies are all around the same age, I was wondering:

1. What time does your LO get up?

2. How many naps and approx. when and how long for during the day?

3. How many feeds during the day?

4. What time does LO go to bed? And how? Are you putting LO awake in the cot and they just fall asleep? Does LO cry?

:flower:

1. Any time between 6.30 and 9am - completely depends on how night feeds/first morning feeds fall. If she's up before 6.30 for a feed she'll go back to bed for a couple of ours, if its after we tend to stay up (unless she's still sleepy).

2. She's settling into having a nap for an hour or two mid-morning, then a shorter one in the afternoon and then a long nap in the evening (but bear in mind we don't 'put her to bed' until about 10.30pm/11pm, this will probably change now we have a monitor - I'm hoping to put her to bed about 7.30pm).

3. She's been feeding recently every 2.5/3 hours, they seem to be getting more frequent, but then she's going longer at night, so I can't moan!

4. As above, about 10.30/11pm, sometimes later (DH likes to see her when he gets home from work). She has a bath/pj's then a big feed and then we swaddle and put her down awake, most of the time now she goes to sleep in her own time (with a bit of grunting etc), sometimes she cries and I have to rock the cot. Some nights she'll have a feed at about 4am, other nights she'll go 8 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->