Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

:shock: Gosh, Moggy...I didnn't realise there was so much to it.

Ideally he could still easily and comfortably sleep in it.

Bumper bar or not? :shrug:

Umbrella fold or smaller? Again :shrug:. Which ones fold smaller, so I can have a look at them?

We'd prefer a shopping basket.

I feel a trip to the shops coming up to test drive some. At the moment I like the look of quite a few of the ones you mentioned. Does the Britax Agile come as a 3 and/or 4 wheel version?

What are the advantages of 3 vs 4 wheel strollers, does anyone know? Or does it just come down to personal preference?

the agile is a 4 wheeler over here, we love it and would recommend it :)

Smaller folding strollers include the zapp, the zia, the agile and another I cant recall the name of, there are other older buggies that will fold similarly....

If you want a tidy buggy with access to the basket Iwould say try out a Yo and see how you find it....you will either love it or hate it but you must try them all going up and down a step as some are stabler than others. If you were near us you could try the agile :)

Ooh its the baby jogger city mini Im thinking of although now Im doubting how it folds....

try a trip to winstanleys pram world....think its not too far from you? WN5 8AT

worth thinking of handle heights too....I love the idea of the XT but the handles are too high for me to comfortably push it and hold a hand as well...especially if it is Jack who is walking next to the buggy and there is shopping to consider! That is just me though as I know many mums who love it....think Yas has one...? And maybe Lydia too...?

I already looked at the Baby Jogger City online and that looks quite nice too. Great tip on the stair situation, people are probably going to look at me funny in the shop. Hadn't thought of Winstanley. We bought our Tripp Trapp from them. :thumbup:

My MIL has and XT and we really like it, I didn't try out any others though.

I just had a drink with the gorgeous Ann!! It was so lovely to finally 'meet' her! We sat in the sunshine and chatted about our LO's, teeny ones but also about everyone meeting up, we were trying to work out where was most central, I think we need to plot on a map! But thought that somewhere like the zoo might be fun? I can generally do most days (apart from a couple of weeks away that we've got in the diary, so I'll leave it to those of you that have tougher schedules to come up with some dates - Yas, I think you mentioned the summer as being good?

its about 2 hours for most of us but probs over 3 for Lydia or Claire...?

For us we can do most weekends but have to avoid Mogsters birthday....we are away in August and hubby cant do in the week cos of work...be nice for the Daddies to come too...?

Any thoughts? PG monkeys anyone?

Not sure I could convince G to come... but i'll travel anywhere x just can't be a fri or Sat as have no annual leave left at the mo.

Pip- we have a Maclaren XT at my dads house- it's great, especially for taller people. I hate that it's forward facing though :blush: also it has to live at my dads, because it doesn't fit in Gs boot!! It's an umbrella fold but really long so can't fit into his boot (it's a new style Corsa). It's a top notch stroller though.

We also have a Quinny Zapp- also fabulous. It's our 'boot buggy' so lives in the boot and is great for quick journeys out. However, it has no basket worth mentioning, doesn't lay flat, and forward faces too so I tend not to use it. I just hate not having K facing me still, and he hates facing away too, he just cries for me (but not my dad or G, little bugger!!) Benefits of Zapp; cheap, sturdy, lovely for toddlers, folds into the smallest thing you've ever seen so can go on airoplanes as hand luggage!

I recommend both, but i'd get a Zapp Extra which is a lot more expensive just cos it lays flat. To be honest i'm still 100% happy with my bee plus, it's grown with us and our needs so well, I never use the other two. x

Pip we are using a silvercross pop - picked it up second hand like new for £25 and I love it. Planned on it being the buggy at nannas but I like it so much I pinch it hahah.

A zoo could be good! I'd maybe see about doing an overnighter or something with the travel involved but will see when we pick somewhere :-D

Work are increasing my hours (a good thing - its due to the tax credits changes as ash is a student my wage has been so topped up by them and we were going to lose them) but I have leave left to use so should e able to fit around! If its not in school time I'm sure Ash would come if there was another daddy about lol!

think it would be fun to have the daddies and hubs is up for it :) If we can be organised hubs may be able do in the week during the hols just have to avoid any upcoming meetings, he would prefer a Saturday tho as his job is manic these days meetings here there ad everywhere!

Ok- do it without me then if it's easier since it's only me without a partner and who can't do Saturdays.

We'll find a way to get us all there (Brig, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for one of us to win the lottery so we can fly you guys over!)! I very much doubt my DH will be able to come, work keeps him pretty busy so days off are rare, but I'm a big girl and will survive without him! So Yas, you won't be the only one there without a partner :hugs:

I can cope with being the single mama- i'm used to it!- but will be a bit pants surrounded by happy loved up mostly-preggo couples :blush: so ignore me in the planning x

we arent loved up and preggo Yas, we have been married 7 years :haha: Plus Mogster wants to meet you, if we can sort a week day we will persuade hubs Im sure! If we try to avoid the first week of each month I reckon he should be able to wangle a day. Its about all the BF & D's meeting Yas, we will find a way for it to work all around :hugs:

Loved up!!!! Yas you ain't met me and hubs haha notachance LOL :-D

I can leave hubs behind - but I can't leave my fatty tum or I so would lol! X

think of it as me bringing hubs to keep the parent child ratio even :) Plus it means he can do the toilet runs for Mogster without Jack getting left in the doorway of the cubicle :dohh: Ooh and dont forget I dont drive so need my chauffeur...

I don't think I class as being loved up any more either! Plus, by the hot summer, I don't think my elephant ankles with be the glowing advert of pregnancy to make anyone jealous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->