Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

I'm waiting until the scan next Monday - just so I don't have to mess around changing it. I think I'll be 12 weeks exactly on Monday. I woke up this morning and had convinced myself that I wasn't pregnant at all. Its left me in a really weird mood today, very tearful and urgh. Looking forward to having a bit of reassurance at the scan (no reason to think anything is wrong, I just don't feel very 'pregnant'!).

Aw Lydia I think we just have other things to occupy us moreso than our first pregnancies when every symptom was obvious. I'm sure it will all be fine - I'm certainly finding its going quicker as Dylan is keeping me thoroughly occupied lol x

Excited to see pics, any inklings as to sex for either of you?

Are you both still BF? Any reactions from the bubbas? (Or Mildred MrsM)

Loving the ticker Lia, cant wait to see yours on Monday Lydia :D

Wonder who our guest reader is?

I always wonder when there is a 'guest' reading!

Thanks Lia, its just me being paranoid I know! I'm tempted to ask midwife to have a listen in this afternoon if she has time during my appointment. And I agree - it definitely goes quicker this time!

Moggy - I have a gut feeling that its a boy, but I'll probably change my mind several times! We won't be finding out again. I'll post/text photo after the scan.

J stopped feeding at 11 months, she just got too distracted/boisterous and I felt like I was ready to stop, so she just has two bottles a day still. I hope I'll carry on longer with this one though. Held a baby today at playgroup, J was interested, grinning all the time, but wandered off bored after about 30 seconds!! She didn't show any signs of jealousy, fingers crossed that continues!

Right - lunchtime for us!

Evening all,

Just quickly after some recommendations from you again, ladies.

1. Can you recommend any ride-ons?

2. Has anyone bought any duvets for their LO's yet and if so, which ones, what tog and where from?

scuttlebug or little tikes quad scoot along thing

and if you go for duvet would suggest using a single and tucking it under the foot of the cotbed....think until theyre 3 they are supposed to have max 4 tog...Mogster still has a 4 tog even in the winter as we just put the thermostat to 17 over night, he is always plenty warm enough. We found cotbed duvets just ended up in a heap so went straight for the single tucked under....plan to do the same for Pickle :)

FYI we find the M&S duvets and mattress protectors fab so next time there is a sale worth getting a couple of 4 tog and 1 tog ones and some mattress protectors....esp before you head O/S...

We have the red version of this:
https://www.elc.co.uk/Little-Tikes-Quad-Bike/123782,default,pd.html and this scuttlebug https://www.johnlewis.com/231292804/Product.aspx

Have a good day all, school this morning then Mogster is off to hosp for hearing screen - he got referred a fortnight back at school :( Hoping nothing serious but happy theyre on the ball!

We bought a toddler duvet and set from Mothercare and like Moggy says it just bunches up. Weirdly the duvet is too small for the cover and keeps getting lost in it. We now use a pillow and he has a normal one but the pillow cover which matches his duvet is too small. x

we still use a sleeping bag for Jack...although he does like to get in with Mogster after his bath :cloud9: so wont be long before he has duvet, planning to move to junior bed as close to 2 as possible as two little boys on the loose after dark might be fun :haha:

Harry is in a light weigh 1 tog sleeping bag as the duvet often gets kicked off so it's more a temporary thing whilst he gets used to the duvet. x

We have a zebra ride on thing - it starts as a push along then goes to a ride on and thn a scooter? X

Cotbed duvets totally bunch. D just won't have duvets / sleeping bag or anything on. He just goes nuts and wakes himself up kicking his way out so we make his room toasty and layer him appropriately. His sleeping is great now at last. He is pretty much not BF anymore either moggy, he still asks and most times will have water instead. Sad! X

No idea what gender bubs is pregnancy has been similar but don't want to get my hopes up for two boys lol! Nah we'll be happy with either I either get lots of boy fun or the whole mother/daughter thing too so win/win!

Guests. Hmm. Not likely to be one of us reading whilst not logged in either I guess? X

double trouble or mother daughter stuff was our approach too Lia, either way happy and healthy :) When is your next scan? Will you take D?

Hia lovelies...

Sorry i dont post much... Just busy with work kids course...oh and husband lol. Dont think i can make the meet... Wont get a work rota for a while yet but im off around the date for other stuff so likely ill be working. So you lot go ahead without me .

Xxx

:( Maybe another one? Or we might meet you in Wales in the summer? Not sure how far you are but half way maybe?

Great to hear from you Claire but sorry to hear you can't make the meet :( x

Evening ladies,

A little update. We ordered the Britax in Red Chilli last week (without seeing it in that colour as they didn't have it in the store) and received it, loved the feel of the fabric and the colour, but as Moggy said the fabric looked rather difficult to keep clean, so we then swapped it for the Black Thunder. Have now received this and it is great! S loves it too. Here's the proof.

Attachments

• P1030301.jpg
    P1030301.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 5
So ladies with the bunched up cotbed duvets: Why exactly do they bunch up? Is it the duvets or the covers? :shrug:

Moggy, I haven't forgotten your question. :winkwink: The preparations are going okay, just a bit much at times. Looking forward to it being all sorted. We have been thinking about it for a while and thought if we don't do it now, we probably never will as S gets older. We will hopefully know more and be clearer on things within the next few weeks.

he looks comfy :) We love ours, plenty of space for a little boy, Jack likes to lean back and put his feet up on the bar :haha: or he sits up and holds on to the bar looking at anything and everything! It just glides! Tiny in the boot too so win win.

Keep us posted :hugs:

he looks comfy :) We love ours, plenty of space for a little boy, Jack likes to lean back and put his feet up on the bar :haha: or he sits up and holds on to the bar looking at anything and everything! It just glides! Tiny in the boot too so win win.

Keep us posted :hugs:

When you said he looked comfy I was just about to say you should have seen the way he actually fell asleep...all chilled out with one of his feet on the bar. :haha: Thanks again for recommending it, we love it and as you said it folds nicely too and we really like how stable it feels. That was important to us.

Of course, I'll keep you posted.

Sorry to hear about your wee man's incident at school yesterday, but it is just one of those things. He is a lovely little boy and the teachers know it and the fact that he has apologised and written a letter proves that. Don't be too hard on him and yourself. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->