Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

We've got jabs this afternoon, I'm dreading it.... (Also dreading that it'll make her ill and disrupt her sleeping, she's been so good recently!!).

Oh, thank you for playmat recommendations, we got her a baby einstein underwater one in the end, (DH preferred the colours?!), she loves it! Next purchase - jumperoo!!

Hi ladies! Aww Moggy, poor Jack. I hope he gets better soon so that you can do BLW.

Pip..

1. Harry's sleeping patterns have changed recently so it's hard to know what is normal now but today he woke up at 7am. Generally he usually wakes earlier though, around 6.00-6.30am.

2. He only really has little cat naps during the day now and they really do vary on what we're doing ie if we are out he often sleeps more. Generally they are about 20 mins at a time and are at every couple of hours.

3. He feeds approx every 2 1/2 - 3 hours during the day although every time he wakes when we're trying to put him down at night, I give him a little top up as it sends him back off and I get a little more in him!

4. He was going to bed around 7pm but kept waking regularly so we are trying to push this back to 8pm so that hopefully when he goes down he stays down! Last night though he wouldn't fall asleep until 9.30pm.

We don't bother with a dream feed as it doesn't seem to work with Harry. He is either awake or asleep so either doesn't take the boob, or wakes up too much to go back down.

Harry has just started to miss out one of his feeds at night.. whoop whoop!!! I'm hoping this isn't just a fluke and that this is how it will be from now on (apart from growth spurts and teething). So he's been going 7 1/2 hours and then around 2-3 hours!! It's been heavenly!! xx

Morning all,

How is everyone? Since our babies are all around the same age, I was wondering:

1. What time does your LO get up?

2. How many naps and approx. when and how long for during the day?

3. How many feeds during the day?

4. What time does LO go to bed? And how? Are you putting LO awake in the cot and they just fall asleep? Does LO cry?

:flower:

Up between 6.30 and 7.30 depending when he was up in the night...and when Mogster wakes up!

Naps from 8.30-9.15 school run! 11.30-1.30 school run again then has a nap around 3.45/4 for about 30 minutes

Feeds are first thing, then 10am, 1.45pm, 5pm, 7pm then once in the night usually around 2.45am (unless he wakes again...)

Bed is after bath and boob juice. Usually has last feed at 7pm then in bed by 7.15 and settles himself to sleep

Ask away if you have other questions, Jack had jabs today so expecting rough night and had night from hell last night as Mogster has horrendous cough :(

Ann thats how Jack goes at night...bit longer for the second feed though. sleep is good :)

Good luck with the jabs Mrs Mils and FX Jack is ok after his Moggy. xx

Weirdly, Moggy, I've been feeling more tired even though am sleeping longer. Not sure if I'm coming down with something or if it's my body relaxing?

it takes a few days of the pattern for your body to relax and sleep properly, its like you are on semi-sleep mode so you are asleep but you can spring to awake in a millisecond.

Jack seems okay after jabs so far....expecting temp etc and that peak of his grumps will be at bedtime so calpol at the ready, nurse said to try and hold off with it as long as possible.

Big news TMI sorry..... Jack had his last squiity nappy yesterday before the Remembrance Parade and today we have had a smooth peanut butter stylee nappy. Im so happy. Wierd I know but cant belive how proud of Jack Im feeling right now :) :happydance: :yipee: :loopy:

Big thank you to you all ladies for putting up with my stresses whilst he has been squitting, no doubt in a day or two I'll be worrying because he hasnt pooped for a few days :wacko: These babies love to try us but theyre soooo worth it :)

1. S wakes up around 7 for a feed and as we have no other commitments I usually then take him into our bed to sleep for a few more hours. We then get up around 10 (give or take half an hour).

2. Now daytime naps are a bit of an issue as he doesn't really nap at all unless he is in the sling, in which case he would sleep for hours if not woken up.

3. Feeds pretty much every 2.5-3 hours during the day, one before bedtime, one around 4am and another around 7am.

4. We are trying to put him to bed for 8.30pm (after routine). But he isn't always tired and starts crying, so we go back up to give him his dummy....again and again...

Yay to peanut butter consistency nappies. :thumbup:

Good luck to all the babies who have/had their jabs today.

Good luck today Lydia with jabs! It's horrid but will be over so quickly :hugs:

And yaaaay for peanut butter poo :rofl: I can't believe how much time I spend thinking about and discussing poo :rofl:

Also, I know Kia is over a month older than S, but i'll reply anyway... since he's been pretty much exactly the same since about 10 weeks anyway.

1. Wake at 7-8am

2. He always falls asleep 1 hour after we wake for about 1.5-2 hours, then again after lunch feed for about 2 hours, then again after 4pm feed for about 2 hours. Sometimes another half hour long snooze just before bed. He sleeps a LOT! And a lot more if we're out in pram or sling.

3. He has 4 feeds a day. Always 8am, 12, 4pm, 8pm. This is HIS routine that he chose, obviously a bit easier being f/f but it was pretty much the same when bf too.

4. Bed time routine begins at 7-730... bath, massage, snuggle in bed with bedtime bottle, lay him in bed awake as soon as winding has finished with dummy and leave room. He then goes straight to sleep, occasionally has a whinge after a few minutes cos he's spat his dummy out, but that's it. And no, he doesn't cry.

edit: just read all of your replies, i'm so lucky!

Whoop whoop for the peanut butter poo!!!

Do you think I should have some baby calpol in the house then just in case? What age can they have it from (conscious that J is a lot younger than Jack).

Go H on the dropping feed - heaven! I'm like that though Ann, it takes my body a little longer to recover and I seem more tired with more sleep, usually better after a couple of days of the same amount of sleep.

How are K and Peyton doing? Such brave little babies (and mummies!)

Yes have calpol ready... I try not to give it unless I think K really, really needs it (he's only had it twice after his first jabs and in the past week after the op). Better to have it than have to rush out for it. K got a temperature the same night after his jabs so it was pretty handy to have.

He is doing so well, i'm so proud of him, he's whingy and clingy like you wouldn't believe but still sticking to his eating and sleeping schedule, well more sleepy than usual.

Yas, of course I wanted your input too. I know K is about a month older, but it still gives me a pretty good idea.

Yay for no squits moggy :happydance:

Lydia - our docs actually gave a prescription for calpol (equivalent) after jabs, so we would have some just incase :thumbup:

Sleeping / naps...........ugh

Gets up around 730am / bedtime around 730pm

Feeds roughly two hourly, sometimes 2.5 in the day

Awake time is around 1.5 hrs before he needs a nap. Unfortunately because of his regular feeding he tends to just manage catnaps around 45mins (1 sleep cycle) as he wakes up and is hungry. Will usually nap longer in the afternoon but with a feed in th middle perhaps :shrug:

Nightime - not applicable, Dylan has given up sleeping at night for lent. When is lent :haha:

:hi: ladies, tired but lurking :sleep:

Thanks for all your replies, ladies.

One other question: Where do your LO's nap during the day? I read that "ideally" they should sleep where they sleep at night, so they associate it with sleep. But as I mentioned S only really sleeps in the sling.

Do you think if he is asleep in the sling, I should wake him up as otherwise he will sleep for ages?

J sleeps in her pram carrycot usually, we wanted her to be able to sleep wherever and through whatever noise, we've done this from the beginning and she'll now happily nap through anything (dog barking etc), which means we don't have to tiptoe around etc. If we're out and about she sleeps in her sling/pram/carseat etc, like the others she sleeps a lot more if we're out for the day. Oh, and in the evening she'll usually be snoozin' on one of our chests - she just loves to snuggle up on her belly and sleep like that!

Jack sleeps in his carrycot in the day as so often he falls asleep on the school run :dohh: as a result it can be a bit iffy on weekends when no school...:wacko: so then he will nap in his rocker with the vibrate on.

Lydia Calpol is from 2 months upwards, we use the sugar free one. Its worth getting a 5ml syringe from the chemist though as its often easier to get the dose right and in!

Jack had 2 doses after last jabs, once late afternoon and once before bed. he was very grumpy and windy after them and ran a bit of a temperature. This time who knows what he will do :shrug: Hopefully not the squits :dohh:

Lydia Calpol is from 2 months upwards, we use the sugar free one. Its worth getting a 5ml syringe from the chemist though as its often easier to get the dose right and in!

Jack had 2 doses after last jabs, once late afternoon and once before bed. he was very grumpy and windy after them and ran a bit of a temperature. This time who knows what he will do :shrug: Hopefully not the squits :dohh:

2 months today :thumbup: I'll get some at the chemist after our appointment then, thanks everyone!

Oh Lia, that's no good! H will have to have words with Dylan!

Harry generally either sleeps on me or in the swing. I gave up trying to put him down ages ago but maybe I should start trying again.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->