Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

K sleeps anywhere and everywhere :D he usually falls asleep on me (he has a little "i'm tired" cry which I recognise, so I pick him up and he snuggles into me and goes to sleep within minutes) and then I either put him in his cot or on a pillow on the floor or in his bouncy chair or the pram. If he falls asleep in the sling I leave him in it.

We've also done the "make it noisy" approach and so he sleeps through anything. In fact usually better with noise!

I am a lucky mama, he's such a great baby! He is quite high maintence when he's awake (very whingy, very short attention span) so the great sleeping/feeding etc really helps. I have been miserable as sin the last week since his op since neither of us have had much sleep and it made me realise just how hard it must be for you guys who don't have babies that sleep through xxxx

a while ago! only just finally getting it changed on fb.

I thought you were giving it another go? I must have missed that you split up again. So sorry though, but still I'm sure you have all you need in your gorgeous little boy. xx

Indeed - Yas I am going to have some seriously squishy hugs off that boy one day. He is gorge. As are all our babies to be fair - we are one lucky group with good genes :winkwink:

Dylan has spent all day in your R&R Yas hunny - still noms the straps when he thinks I'm not looking :blush:

methinks Dylan is gonna get Mummy and Daddy an R&R for chrimbo...

Moggy/Lydia - Hope the Jabs went ok for you both and you have an uneventful next few days :thumbup:

Ann/Yas/Lia - Hi ladies :flower:

Pip - This is my response....just because i want to :haha:
1. What time does your LO get up?
Usually 7am

2. How many naps and approx. when and how long for during the day?
No real routine but in general i think something like this...she sleeps for an hour or so 8.00-9.00 and then again 10.30-11.30 Then 12.30 - 2.30pm and probaly another hour or so around 4.30-6 pm.
There's actually more of a pattern than i thought, but she does sleep a lot. More than Jac did. At four months old Jac only slept 30mins 3 times a day so its weird for me :shrug: But i cant remember when a routine appeared for him though...

3. How many feeds during the day?
We FF but we have pretty much 7am , 11.30am, 3.30pm, 7.45pm. I pretty much go on shcedule unless she cried for it first which is very rarely.

4. What time does LO go to bed? And how? Are you putting LO awake in the cot and they just fall asleep? Does LO cry?
In bed by 8.15 - 8.30 awake in cot and i put the dream show on for 10 minutes. She can take ages to go to to sleep most nights though...anything between 10 - 30 mins. But Jac was the same and it worked for him with just leaving him...must say the dream show worked for him more than Ana. She takes a dummy during the day but doesnt need it for bed sleep so i dont give it....dont want to go down the route of having to wake up during the night to give it to her.

Like Yas's K ....Ana is high maintenance when she's awake during the day but sleeps well at night (touches wood!). She can get restless at times after 5am but isnt awake so i just leave her now. Pretty soon i think we'll have to move her in with Jac(untill we decide on who goes where int he house e.g. attic) as hubbys alarm seems to unsettle her on his early shift even though she doesnt wake. Time will tell next week:wacko:

Sorry ive rambled on...

xx

She's very sleepy/teary already, poor little thing, she just wants to be cuddled. The nurse was fab, did it as quickly as possible and then said we could use the room for as long as we wanted to feed etc, the doc prescribed her calpol (saved a few pennies!) and without me even asking the nurse gave us a teeny syringe.

So I'm pretty much glued to the sofa tonight....

Lydia - :hugs: Hope she feels herself soon....i think they all get the 'want extra cuddles' thing post Jabs. More so that they can sleep in the the environment that feels safest to them i think :shrug:

We have our 2nd round on Thursday and i hope ours have less impact than last time...as it also screwed our night routine for over a week and then we had a cold....but we're back on track now so pleeeeeease stay that way :blush:
Jac just slept loads after his jabs so just shows all babies are diffferent even whne they cpoem fromt he same place LOL

:hugs:
xx

Hi Ladies!!

Hope the babies that have gotten/getting jabs feel like themselves soon, soon soon!!!!

Ok, I'm very jeaous...all of your babies sound wonderful. So like Claire, here is my response just cause I want to.

1. She wakes up around 7-7:30 and then I bring her in bed with me and attach her to my boob for a couple of hours, give of take like Lia, or was it Pip? Sorry my brain is mush.:blush:

2- She usually has 3 good naps. One late morning to early afternoon about 2-3 hours and then again 2-3 hour nap a couple hours after she is awake. Then Nathan gets home around 6ish, we eat, play a bit and she usually has another little nap...maybe 1 hour on me or DH. The daytime naps are in her swing in the living room...unless I'm super tired then I try to put her down in her bassinet and I sleep in my bed, if that doesn't work I attach her to my boob and we nap like that.

3- Well like I said earlier I attach her to my boob around 7ish so she feeds a bit. Then we feed about an hour after we wake up so maybe 10ish, nap, 1:30ish, then she stays awake a while so I nurse her again around 3 and she has another nap, 6pm, 8ish, 9:30ish, I sometimes dream feed around midnight and then P wakes up between 3-4am...and the cycle starts again with the nursing in bed around 7ish. So total of 6-8 feeds a day still. :coffee:

4- When she was around 6 weeks we started her bedtime routine at 10 and then bed by 11-11:30 but we followed her cues and now for the last 4ish weeks we start the routine at 9pm and then by 10pm she is usually asleep. Unfortunately she usually falls asleep on daddy and then we put her i nthe bassinet. She's not very good at self soothing yet. (But I am reading "The no-cry sleep solution" book so hopefully it helps. When we put her down she sometimes fusses a bit for her soother if she drops it and we give it back a few times and when she falls adleep she lets it drop and doesn't need it.

And if we're out she sometimes sleeps a bit more in her carseat/stroller, but not if we're shopping...she likes to look around! 12 weeks and she loves shopping alread! :haha:

OK...so I guess that's it from me. Oh! I am getting her ears pierced on Nov. 28th!! She seems better from the tongue tie release, but feeds aren't as great as I'd hoped so we are going to breastfeeding support Thursday. Get her weighed before and after a feed.

Ok...now I'm writing a book..Talk to you ladies soon

xo

Lydia, H was the same after his jabs.. although thinking about it, maybe it was ore me wanting him to sleep/cuddle me more than the other way round! It sounds like your nurse was lovely. We ran out the room in a flap, straight to the car for a feed.

:hi: Claire, Brig, Pip, Moggy, Lia, Yas and Costgang x

:hi:

Off to get the wee man weighed. Fingers crossed. Then we have got Baby Signing.

See you later.

Jabs ok here, he wailed much more than the first jabs but has had no reaction this time :happydance:

H looks adorable in the sleeping bag Ann - thanks for sharing its suc a cute picture. Have found Jack is sleeping better in a larger bag now, he outgrew the 0-3 ones then was in 0-6 but seems much more comfortable in the 6-18 :shock:

Pip, good luck at the weigh in and have fun at baby signing.

Moggy, I can't believe Jack is now in a 6-18 mth sleeping bag! harry is loving the one you sent. We dis get another but he fuses when he goes in it. Your one is much easier to do up as well which helps. Thanks again. x

we find that style much easier to put Jack into, we used side zip styles with Mogster and now can use them for Jack too :) cant figure out the upside down front zips :wacko:

We have chicken pox in the house!!!!!!!!!! Jac has chicken pox :nope: he's ok at the moment but im sure he'll ger antsy once the itching starts. We hame the lotion ready and going to plaster him as soon as he's awake from nap.

Hope Ana doesnt get it...she should still be immune at the moments...but who knows...:shrug:

Moggy - Glad Jack is ok after his 2nd round of Jabs :hugs:

Brig - Hia hun...hope your BF support group helps tomorrow :hugs:

Pip- How was the weigh in??

Ann - Hia....ive always had side zips on our grobags..deffo easier to get in/out :thumbup:

xx
xxx

OMG Claire!!! Chicken pox scare me!!!!

xo

ok...maybe I should elaborate! Until last December I was super scared to9 get chicken pox. My mom seemed to think I had never had them as a child and it's worst as an adult. Since I'm a teacher...i'm around kids a lot and especially last year we were talking about getting pregnant and it's even more dangerous for a pregnant woman to get. Anyway...come November, 3 of my kids got it...so I got my ass to the Dr and had the blood work done to check for immunity.
I was immuned!! When I was young up until about 8 years when I got my tonsils out I was always sick...so my mom never knew I had them because apparently I never broke out in a rash (a small % never get the rash) So anyway..the day I got thye results was my last ovulation day...and since I didn't need to get the vaccine for it...that's the day we conceived Peyton. Lol Dec 10th!

Ok...so that's my story...so after all that time of being afraid of the chickenpox...I sorta still am. Lol!!

Feel better Jac!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->