Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Aw Claire, hope hes better soon and Ana escapes it! My two have yet to succomb....despite Mogster seeing most of his friends have it :wacko: and playing with them before we realised!

Hows things apart from the pox? How was the family meal for your anniversary did you little ones and OH spoil you a little bit?

Brig-awww....we all have our fears hun... Maybe not chicken pox though lol i used to hate an was scared of tractors and lorrys when i was a kid... Im still not keen even now:haha:

Moggy- we had a great day...jac got his fum day and saw and played in a real fire engine. Me and hubby had a superb takaway and wine in the evening...was fab:thumbup:
Not suprised about the chicken pox... Its been around here for ages. Jac still goes to nursery one day a week as i didnt want to take him out of there for the maternity leave....so i knew it could come. There was nothing on him this morning....but got a call at 11.30 sayibg he had spots on belly and back:dohh:

Xx

Oh...and Ana has jabs tomorrow... Next few days are going to be fun:wacko:

Xx

Poor Ana! Kia had his third and final set today, it was awful, he sobbed and sobbed cos there were 3 of them and I think he's sick to death of injections now and being messed with, poor bubba. Last set till he's 1 now though, thank god!!!!

he's 17.5 weeks old and 17.5lbs now! :D

Mogster has his pre-school ones a week on monday :shock:

Yas- how cool is the weight to age thing:thumbup: hope hes doing ok post op:hugs:

Moggy- at least ur done with Sam...Jac only has the pre-school ones left.

Im having a nightmare....jac wont settle...i put him back to bed and within mintes hes crying and out ofbed again. Gone through this scenario at least 10 times already:wacko: i might have to leave him now to tire out as hes wimpering more than crying:cry:

Getting some piriton syrup in the morning....lets hope it helps! If id have known sooner:dohh: if hes still the same qhen hubby is home might have to go to tesco......

Xx

Sorry to hear about the chicken pox, Claire. Hope it clears up soon for Jac and Ana is still immune.

Yas, well done on the last set of jabs. You shouldn't have told me it is 3, I am dreading it already. We have the 2nd set booked for next Thursday.

The weigh in went okay. Thanks for asking, Claire. :flower:

4 weeks: 10lb 11oz
Today at 6 weeks: 11lb 9oz :happydance:

Today at 8 weeks exactly: 12lb 3oz.

Today at 10 weeks: 12lb 8oz.

At 12 weeks: 13lb 3oz. The HV was happy enough as he is following a curve again. :dohh:

Just to let you know that we are going away to Scotland for a few days from Monday to Wednesday as it will be my birthday on Tuesday. Really looking forward to our first wee break as a family. :happydance:

Hi everyone!

Poor Jac, bless him, I hope he falls asleep soon (and you get some rest too!). Celebrations sound fab, I used to want big going out etc, but now its just the simple things that keep me happy! (For example, DHs day off today, my one request was that I could have a long bath this evening - heaven!).

Moggy - thank you for the awesome tip on the jumperoo - I'm going into Norwich this weekend so will go and get one then (fingers crossed they have them in stock!). How are your gang doing? Jack any better?

Hi everyone else!!

Ann - how's the sleeping going?

We've rearranged our downstairs today - moved the dining table into our sitting room, we haven't eaten at the table since J was born (the room is so small we can't fit her pram or anything in there with us, so have just eaten on our knees - classy...). So now we can eat properly and hopefully be more sociable! The change looks nice!

Just had my bath, had better go down and see if the footie is finished and if J needs a feed!

Night night all! x

have a fab trip and happy birthday in advance :hugs:

If it helps :wacko: Jack cried more at the actual jab but reacted less - not at all in fact other than crying when the needle pricked him

Claire hope Jac is feeling better soon and that he settles for you :hug:

Great weight gain everyone!

Oh, J had a big sleep the night after jabs, got up once for a feed but seemed much better in the morning (plus a mahoosive poo...). I couldn't get her to take the calpol though, even with the syringe she just spat it all out - how do you guys get yours to take it?

Oh - and learnt this evening not to speak to a baby with your head upside down (DH approached her in the pram the wrong way around), poor little thing was terrified - a real bottom lip wobble and wide eyes before the screams started!

Moggy - thank you for the awesome tip on the jumperoo - I'm going into Norwich this weekend so will go and get one then (fingers crossed they have them in stock!). How are your gang doing? Jack any better?

Check online if you can reserve on then call the store and explain you reserved it but due to baby you cant get into the store til OH home on the weekend and they will hold it for you til then - usually!

Jack lots better, poo still runny but the usual BF baby poop :wacko:

How is it the conversation with these little ones is so highbrow!:dohh:

Lia how is D doing tonight, teething still hurting him? Gave Jack teething granules today and he kind of smacked his mouth at me so think he approves :shrug:

put the syring into the cheek pouch and do it half ml by half ml, its slow going but worth it to get it to stay in!

Great weight gain everyone!

Oh, J had a big sleep the night after jabs, got up once for a feed but seemed much better in the morning (plus a mahoosive poo...). I couldn't get her to take the calpol though, even with the syringe she just spat it all out - how do you guys get yours to take it?

Oh - and learnt this evening not to speak to a baby with your head upside down (DH approached her in the pram the wrong way around), poor little thing was terrified - a real bottom lip wobble and wide eyes before the screams started!

awww thats (meanly) a bit funny! poor little munch!!

i hate giving calpol, he hates it and screams and spits and chokes :dohh: nurses showed me how to do it- squirt tiny amounts into side of mouth... can take up to 10 mins :dohh:

On another note, we seem to be struggling a bit again with the feeding.

As you know S has started to fuss a bit at the breast. He drinks for a few minutes (maybe 5 max, probably less) and then starts pushing the nipple out with his tongue. I wind him inbetween, but he doesn't go back on the breast again after, maybe only for 2-3 more sucks.

Sometimes (mainly in the evening) I have to give him a bottle of EBM as he just refuses the breast. When I give him a bottle of EBM, he drinks it with only little fussing. It takes him about 10 minutes to empty a 140ml bottle. When I feed him during the night, he seems to feed easier and with less resistance on the breast (approx 10 minutes).

I have been thinking about the 12 week growth spurt or that he might be entering the distractable phase as he keeps looking around. It has probably been a week or two now where he fusses that much.

Also, when we went to a class yesterday, there was a baby that was getting unsettled and needed a feed. She was BF'ed without any problem. I usually struggle to get him to latch on or even pay an interest in the boob when he is like this. He will even fight the bottle of EBM for a short time in that state, but will eventually take it, whereas with the boob, he just refuses point blank. The only time he easily latches on and drinks is at night and when he has just woken up.

Any suggestions on how we can make daytime feeds easier?

On another note, we seem to be struggling a bit again with the feeding.

As you know S has started to fuss a bit at the breast. He drinks for a few minutes (maybe 5 max, probably less) and then starts pushing the nipple out with his tongue. I wind him inbetween, but he doesn't go back on the breast again after, maybe only for 2-3 more sucks.

Sometimes (mainly in the evening) I have to give him a bottle of EBM as he just refuses the breast. When I give him a bottle of EBM, he drinks it with only little fussing. It takes him about 10 minutes to empty a 140ml bottle. When I feed him during the night, he seems to feed easier and with less resistance on the breast (approx 10 minutes).

I have been thinking about the 12 week growth spurt or that he might be entering the distractable phase as he keeps looking around. It has probably been a week or two now where he fusses that much.

Also, when we went to a class yesterday, there was a baby that was getting unsettled and needed a feed. She was BF'ed without any problem. I usually struggle to get him to latch on or even pay an interest in the boob when he is like this. He will even fight the bottle of EBM for a short time in that state, but will eventually take it, whereas with the boob, he just refuses point blank. The only time he easily latches on and drinks is at night and when he has just woken up.

Any suggestions on how we can make daytime feeds easier?

Pip!!!! This sounds just like Peyton!!! She's been doing this over a week now....except I cant express worth crap so she gets what she gets from boob alone. Today was better...but I was thinking 12 week growth spurt as well...but why would they eat less??

Anyway, P has been a crap feeder since the start and it always makes me wonder about my supply and finally today I couldn't take it and started domperidone. We'll see what happens with the weighing tomorrow.

xo

Pip have you tried feeding him til he gets cross then winding him, changing him and putting him down on the mat for a kick with his gym for a bit, often they will go back on the boob after a good kick....give the same boob again so doesnt get to full....

With Jack he is just starting to ask for both boobs, he will go madly on one for 5-8 minutes then be disinterested so offer the other and off he goes. This is fine as long as he wants both as in the day...first night of it last night and 7-1.45 then 2.05 til 6.40 so happy mummy as he was asleep and woke up very happy. See how he goes tonight....

Jack has been liking the jumperoo but not as much as we thought he might so we tried him with Mogsters old Hop n Pop and he absolutely LOVED IT!!! He was in there DJing away like a pro :happydance: Mean can put jumperoo in the dining room and reclaim some kitchen space as the hop n pop is more compact AND folds away when we arent using it :yipee:

Cant remember much of what ive read...sorry full of cold so brain dead lol ...what is the saying 'feed a cold' do they mean with chocs:blush:

Lydia- poor J on OH scaring her...but also funny poor thing:blush:

Moggy- good news on more room...even getting an inch of space back is an acheivement:haha:

Pip- cant help on BF front sorry hun:hugs:

Well..hubby took Ana for jabs and it went ok. She had a bottle and has slept most of the time since. So already more settled than last time...hope it stays that way.
Jac is off/on ok.. At times hes clingy and wingy and then all of a sudden a bright spark. Hes started itching so it bugs him... His belly back neck and bits are covered poor thing:cry: so were dosing on the calpol, piriton and lotion here. Hopefully we can get through the worst of it today and tomorrow. He slept ok after my post last night...woke up twice at approx 5 am.. So good considering.

Hope all u lovelies are ok:kiss:

Xxxxx

Forgot to mention the weigh-in....

Born- 8 lb 4.5oz
8 wks - 11 lb 7.5oz
12 wks - 13 lb 4.5oz

Think we had a growth spurt this week which helped lol... Were just under 75th centile so we have a chunky monkey...takes after her mum:haha:

X

my chunky monkey hasnt put on 6lbs yet :nope: assuming its okay....he is so long though :shock: hes in a 6-9 snowsuit comfortably although it almost needs a belt :rofl: hes gonna be long and lean like his big bro I think...bizarre how they started so differently and theyre headed the same shape :loopy:

hope Jac feeling less itchy soon Claire, neighbour accross the road swears by aqueous calomine cream over the lotion, apparently easier to apply and harded to itch off..:wacko: storing up the info for when the boys get it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->