Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Moggy - Great idea on the chair!! stuff ar so much cheaper in the states.

Brig - Love the video...Miss P is so cute i want to cuddle her :hugs: Excuse my ignorance and stupidity...so you're a french canadian? I presume that not all canadians speak french? please enlighten my stupidity and hope i dont offend ..:blush:

Ann - huge hugs hun :hugs: i know how you feel on the feeding front in some respects. Ana is so much better now but we had a week of the mega screaming during feeding...think it may have been her cold :shrug: and we'd struggle to get her to feed even though you coudl tell she wanted it.. i cant help on BF side though sorry.
The phase has mostly passed...we get the screaming sometimes if she's really hungry and we try to wind her or the wind is painful to get up. :hugs:

Ana is ok'ish post jabs. So much better than last time but we've had 2 early wakings since Thursday...and a squity nappy today so im putting it down to jabs. She's mostly ok in herself so thats good.
Jac is also getting over his chicken pox. We're all scabbed over since saturday so at least we can go out and about now. He 's not scratching much either, just touchy at times.
All in all we're ok here. Hubby off thurs/fri so we're off to chester for xmas shopping thurs and leaving jac and ana with MIL. Not sure if we'll trek to warrington and do ikea too.....will see.
Have a santa train on sunday for Jac.....i booked on myself for sunday before xmas...but my work is organising this so he'll get to go twice :happydance: Im sooo looking forward :blush:
Hope all you ladies are well.

xxx

Thanks ladies. I haven't tried different positions Moggy. Not really sure how to do the others but maybe should give it a go. I wondered if he could be teething?

Claire that's great news that Ana is ok after her jabs and that Jack is much better. We really must get some Xmas shopping done. x

anyone fancy doing a BF&D Secret Santa for the babies?

Oh yes! Sorry was meant to upload a photo. It went really well. We have made one necklace and have made the tops of some cufflinks. They now just need to be fired in a kiln which will melt the clay in to silver. I forgot to take a photo but might be seeing my sister tomorrow so will get one then.

Who was it that mentioned about a golf ball marker? My sister reckons it would cost about £35, plus £3.50 if you need the kit to take the foot/hand print. We wouldn't charge the RRP if we could use a photo of it if we decide to make a business out of it. The reason it's that much is that the pendant is quite thick. We could make a thinner one though for cheaper.

A necklace would cost the same plus whatever a chain costs (if you want one).

As well as a hand/foot print we could decorate the pendant with any black and white image or writing. Say Jack did a picture, you could turn that in to a necklace.

We're still working on the fingerprint stuff. I could make them, I just don't know yet how professional it will look as haven't had time to do a trial.

In case the mods think I'm selling, I'm not, there is no profit here! xx

Hi everyone!

Thats such a cute video Brig!! She's just adorable!

Ann - J went through a phase like that and still does it some evenings, she's getting better, but I'm not much help as I don't really know what to do to help it. Usually I take her off for a bit and start again, and if that doesnt work try the other boob.

I would definitely be keen for secret santa, but can we sort it quickly so that Peyton can get hers in time hopefully?

Yas, we've always done christmas with my Dad on boxing day, we literally have two christmas days, which was always great when we were little - double the fun. I now appreciate it because its our own tradition, which I love. Like Moggy said though, if you do let G have K, please don't be on your own.

Glad Jac is on the mend Claire, enjoy the shopping without the kids!!

I'm sat in front of the fire, all toasty and warm with J curled up on me having a snooze - bliss! (even with my stinking cold!)

Oh yes! Sorry was meant to upload a photo. It went really well. We have made one necklace and have made the tops of some cufflinks. They now just need to be fired in a kiln which will melt the clay in to silver. I forgot to take a photo but might be seeing my sister tomorrow so will get one then.

Who was it that mentioned about a golf ball marker? My sister reckons it would cost about £35, plus £3.50 if you need the kit to take the foot/hand print. We wouldn't charge the RRP if we could use a photo of it if we decide to make a business out of it. The reason it's that much is that the pendant is quite thick. We could make a thinner one though for cheaper.

A necklace would cost the same plus whatever a chain costs (if you want one).

As well as a hand/foot print we could decorate the pendant with any black and white image or writing. Say Jack did a picture, you could turn that in to a necklace.

We're still working on the fingerprint stuff. I could make them, I just don't know yet how professional it will look as haven't had time to do a trial.

In case the mods think I'm selling, I'm not, there is no profit here! xx

It was meee! I have the drawing to send you - I must remember to post it! Whatever you need to charge is fine, it will be so special to DH. Does the foot/hand print get made smaller then? Oooh - exciting!

Not read all posts yet but a quickie to say hi and yes secret santa for babs would be good :flower:

Lydia, yes it gets made smaller. It looks so cute! Loving the sound of you being toasty. We have the fire on but no heating :( Our boiler went a couple of days ago but it should be fixed tomorrow evening.

Hi Ladies!!

Thanks for the compliments on the video :flower:

Ann: Peyton does the exact same thing sometimes...it's been better the last few days but she did it all the time for like 2 weeks...I think that's how she lost weight. All I could think was fussiness because of a growth spurt??:shrug: Let us know how it goes if you try different holds like Moggy suggested. :hugs:

Claire: So happy to hear Ana did good with her jabs and that Jac is feeling better!! Good thing since it sounds like you have a fun week coming up!!!:happydance:

Also, you aren't stupid! yes I am french Canadian, but I'm from Ontario, not Quebec...the french is a little different. But my family is bilingual, I think i was speaking both French and English even before starting school. :flower: I completed grade school and highschool in french and college and university in English:flower:

A secret santa would be great!!!! I am doing it with my Canadian mommies group too and we're all so excited!! We answered a quick questionnaire and then one of the girls assigned us someone and it could be for mom or baby. I'm in anyway!!!!:happydance:

Lydia: your fire does sound very cozy!! It's rainy and foggy here today..yuck!

Alright well keep me posted on the secret santa..I have no problem organizing if you ladies are too busy! Let me know!!

xo

I'm also in on the secret santa :thumbup: just let me know who.....and whatever else i need to know :wacko:

Brig - how cool is that - so you consider french as your 1st language since that is what speak to miss p? sorry for all the questions - im a nosy one LOL....i suppose i'm not all that different considering im welsh and speak both welsh and english since pre-school too. :hugs:

xx

Ok well since we're kinda on a time crunch I will (if there are no objections) get it going! :)

Secret Santa 2010​
Deadline to enter: Wed, Nov 24th
Limit: ??? PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU'D LIKE, $15, $20???
Shipped by: Dec 1 (or close, just to make sure things are received before christmas )

Pm me your address etc and also include the following:

Your hobbies/interests:
Babies age:
Babies sex:
Babies clothing size:
Any special things/character your baby likes:
Allergies of you or your baby:
We can buy for mom of baby. (sound good?)

Claire: Yes I would consider French my first language. :) But although I was talking French to P on that video I do speak to her in English as well, hence the English name Peyton, Sofia. but my name is French Brigitte. :) I didn't know you were bilingual as well! I have never even heard Welch I don't think!??:blush: But in our defence, we are pretty far from each other! lol

xo

Oh! and also, Moggy brought up a good point, if you happen to get one of the mommas with two babies, you can buy for whoever you'd like, For example. If Moggy got Claire she could buy for Ana, Jac or Claire! Or a little something for each within the limit we decide :)

So when you send me a PM/ maybe answer the question for both children??

As for the limit...you ladies just decide in GBP what you'd like to spend and then I'll make the conversion to Canadian dollars.

xo

I was wondering if those of you have each other as text buddies could text those who haven't responded and ask if they want to participate?

So far I got a PM from Moggy, Claire, Ann and Lia :)

That leaves, Yas, Lydia, Pip and Costgang.. right??

xo

Thanks so much for organising Brigitte. Let me know if you need any more info from me. I suggested £10 for us UK ladies. Not sure what you all think?

Here is the jewellery work in it's current state ie not yet fired, filed and polished. So you have to imagine it looking like silver or copper and with smooth edges. Also we are going to put something on the finished piece which makes the prints and writing darker.

Sorry for the quality of the photos!

https://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq357/anng91/IMAG0032.jpg
https://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq357/anng91/IMAG0033.jpg
https://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq357/anng91/IMAG0034.jpg

Wow Ann!!!! that looks Fab!!! And it isn't even done!?? wow!!

And no problem for organizing! I just figured I don't have much on my plate...might as well make myself useful. lol!

So it seems most of you think 10GBP (sorry I don't know how to do the symbol?) So let's go with that then! :)

Tomorrow I will figure it all out and PM you who you get to shop for! ;-)

We Still need to get in touch with Yas, Pip and costgang!

xo

xo

Ann- they look great:thumbup:

Brig-have texted Pip to let her know

X

Just a quickie as off to bed with poorly dyl in a mo - I will text Yas about the secret santa.

Poor boy came out in a rash thought he was allergic to his antibiotics but its just a viral rash. Chest infection driving me crackers poor boy it sounds awful.

Big hugs :hugs: will pop back soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->