Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Yas there's nothing I can say that the other ladies haven't said already, your a fab mommy!!! Kia will know just how special he is because of YOU!!! Don't forget that! xox

Ann - they arrived in the post this morning, thank you! I'll take prints tonight or tomorrow and post 1st class on Monday, so you should (hopefully have them on Tues, is that ok?) I had friends over all day today so couldn't do them to get them out in today's post. Like Moggy, I'm having to try and hide it from DH, thank goodness they're inkless, a black foot would have been a bit of a giveaway!

Moggy, how are you doing in your household? All feeling any better? Hubby made it back yet or is it tomorrow? I bet you and the boys can't wait!

We had a major melt-down yesterday, I really didn't know what to do with her, she doesn't sleep during the day really at all (never has, but sleeps well at night, so I haven't worried), but yesterday she had got really tired and was just screaming like I've never heard her cry before, she'd got so upset she couldn't eat, hitting my boob, pulling and straining to get away from me etc. After an hour and a half of us both crying hysterically she finally went to sleep, when she woke up to go to bed it happened again, but we got her to take a bottle, after which she went on the boob. She slept nearly 10 hours last night straight. It happened again this afternoon (not wanting to feed because she was crying), but fortunately it only lasted 5 minutes before she fed. I really hope this isn't going to be a recurring thing. So I'm giving her a proper nap in the afternoons, lights off/blinds drawn etc. Its been the first thing that I've done that hasn't been led by her and I'm hating it, but hopefully it'll help her by less overtired... I just REALLY don't want to mess up her night sleeping, its keeping me and DH (who has horrendous working hours at the moment) sane. (Sorry, I know those of you that don't have good sleepers will have no sympathy at all, it is the uncontrollable crying/distress that I'm finding so upsetting, usually the boob/bottle will soothe her instantly if she cries, but yesterday just nothing would work).

How are you doing today Yas?

Brig - really don't worry about the pressie being late, whoever it is for really won't mind (I quite like belated christmas presents, it keeps the festivity going for even longer!).

Hi everyone else!

MrsM good day sleep promotes good night sleep so hopefully the nap wont do any harm :) Plus she goes to bed later than many so a nap will possibly HELP the night sleeping :thumbup:

OH back and sods law having told us he would be 90 mins from when we spoke he arrived earlier - just as I was reading instructions etc on the wipes:dohh: He knows but is now really excited for christmas to come so we will try the printing tomorrow then if we can will scan them and send, if not then Post Office on monday :happydance:

Got me a stonking cold so have a very sore nose :( Look like Rudolph despite using tissues that claim to be knid to my nose :haha:

Christmas carries on til the tree comnes down in our house - we get extra crackers and have them with our main meal (and we wear the hats :blush: we actually quite like our bizarre tradition :rofl:

Just a quickie Yas did you sort chrimbo out? Hope you did :hugs:

oh and Claire - Jack loves the rocker, its fab :yipee:

Yes that's no worries Moggy. Glad the hubby is excited by his present. My dh already has his Christmas present! lol! It came through the post and was so obvious that he guessed and I thought oh well he might as well have it now!

Lydia, Harry has done that a few times now and in fact he did it today. I wasn't sure if he was overly tired or overly hungry but he was crying so much that he wouldn't take the boob. He was thumping me and pushing me away. I had to trick him with my little finger and then pop my boob in and thankfully he then fed and sent himself off to sleep. Thankfully he's always been a good day sleeper but mainly due to our amazing swinging chair which never fails. We are now going to try controlled crying at night but so far we're not doing too well. Maybe when the in-laws head home we will have more luck.

Thanks everyone :hugs:
Lydia i'm going to reply to your message on fb tomorrow, I promise. xxx

Thanks guys! She woke up happy after her nap (3 hours) and has just had another power nap, she's now her usual self and playing with her Daddy. I was going to start putting her to bed earlier i.e. about 8pm, but DH works 9am to 11pm at the moment without a break, so he wouldn't get to see her at all. I'll have to start soon though as she's getting too big for her pram carrycot, so can't have her nap downstairs anyway! It just feels odd 'making' her sleep when she doesn't want too!

Yas - don't worry about replying, its only nonsense about nappies and the same moaning I've had on here! (Big mistake asking me how J was!!)

Moggy - glad you've got him home! (Although shame he spoiled the surprise!) I hope the cold gets better quickly!

NEVER a mistake! I just want to reply properly and i've got my friend staying here tonight, so can't reply with full attention. xxxxxxx

oh and Claire - Jack loves the rocker, its fab :yipee:

:happydance::happydance: Ana loves it too ..... she keeps pulling on the one with the handle to get the song :haha: I'm gutted Jac never got to use this chair at this stage as its soooo much better than the M&P one we had. I also put a folded blanket under Ana as it makes it a bit more snug especially for naps :winkwink:

oh we also have extra crackers so use them up with meals post xmas day too.(and the hats LOL)...i want the festivites to carry on same as you...this year we'll use them up quicker though as Jac can have a go too :happydance:

xx

:hi: right back at ya!!

What is this amazing rocker you ladies are referring to? x

its the fisher price infant to toddler rocker - we have the elephant one :) OH bought it for Jack when he was in the States last week as our other bouncer has a weight limit of 19lb :shock: Was gonna buy here but saw £58 v $29 :wacko: he managed to pick uo some other bits for Jack for xmas too :)

Glad J is back on form, its a worry when they do stuff differently :shrug:

Claire glad you do the craker thing too :haha: wish there was a smiley with a cracker hat :rofl:

Can I see a link Moggy, I googled but loads came up- I need a bigger one for K to chill in cos he gets a bit overtired in jumperoo sometimes but is too big for his vibrating bouncy chair now!

Hi Claire love xxx

Yas/Ann- this is the one i have... Its the farm animal one... But most i findnow are precious planets one. I paid £38 last year and worth every penny... Jac can still jump init now (when Ana isnt in there lol) and not break it as its still within limits and hes over 2 stone:thumbup:
https://www.mothercare.com/Fisher-Price-newborn-to-toddler-rocker/dp/B000N1XV70?_encoding=UTF8&

Xx

Hi ladies :hi: still here moggy just quiet :haha:

Am generally lurking lol.....but don't often sit and type out while DH is around as he is grumbling at my internet time lol.... and as he had a couple of snow days last week I haven't done so much BnB.

Claire - poor Ana with pox too :nope: I remember having chicken pox when I was little it was a nightmare. I have recollections of my brother having it too. At least it's out of the way young I guess, they say that is good?

I try and keep up with those of you I have on fb that way too, loving the photos :cloud9:

Dylan has been rolling over this last week or so - front to back the once, and realised he didn't have any benefit from that, so went back to front and keeps doing it lol. I put a vid on facebook for my mum and dad bless they loved it.

What are you ladies thinking of doing regarding weaning btw? Had an early christmas as MILs this week as she is going to be in Oz for xmas and all DHs family were there. Well the questions started already "What is he eating now, rice, etc etc etc"? and they looked at me like I had 3 heads when I said we are still just exclusively BFing :dohh: we are hoping to do BLW but didn't mention that after the reaction to the fact we hadn't started him with rice or anything lol.

Yas - can't add to what the ladies have said but really you are amazing. The relief I feel when my parents come to help for the day is amazing....and I have Ash here at evenings/weekends so how you do it, well you are just wonderwoman to me. Never met my bio-father, and FWIWit never did me any harm not growing up without my dad, as my mum and my grandparents gave me all the love and play and care I could want. FWIW, my dad (stepdad if we are being technical but to me, he is my dad) came on the scene when I was about 8 I think, and he is wonderful, and worth the wait. Kia and you do not need someone doing a half arsed job like Garry, and I am sorry that he has been the way he has, you certainly did not deserve it.

AFM - My gp has changed me over to a new one as she's leaving :dohh: but have been on the anti-depressants maybe a month now, and DH said he has noticed a change at least. I certainly haven't cried in the last week or so for starters and I don't think its the end of the world when something little goes wrong. And I have been sleeping better (even if Dylan isn't :haha:). GP and HV were both happy that it wasn't PND, and just thought it was something more longstanding than that. And I am putting in my request for voluntary redundancy from work tomorrow, and will find out the outcome in January. They would offer me 12.5K if they accept my request so fingers crossed. That's about it for me - been stuck in with the snow, but just received my pacapod changing bag of joy which makes up for the lack of post all week :haha:

Written far too much now and forgotten all the threads I just read back sorry :blush: secret santa sorted though so heres hoping the post gets back to normal soon! :thumbup:

Hope everyone and their LOs are cuddled up nicely on this cold Sunday evening :hugs:

Don't apologise Lia! My dh often grumbles at my internet usage but secretly I think he likes it as he can then play computer games or watch sport!! xx

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fisher-Price-Infant-to-Toddler-Rocker/8072092

we got this one Yas but the linkadoos version is often on ebay if you search for fisher price toddler rocker

Claire Mogster can still sit in it and he is nearly 41 months :shock:

Good to hear from you Lia :hugs:

Hi everyone!

Great to hear from you Lia, glad you're doing well, I'm off to look for your video of him rolling - how cute!

Ann - I've attempted the prints, not fab I'm afraid, her toes kept curling up! Just use whichever print you think will work best. I've addressed it to your sister (she said send it back to her - hope thats ok).

J is sleeping all the time now! So hopefully just the extra sleep that she had yesterday has put her back into sync, she seems a lot happier today anyway.

I'm not sure what to do about weaning, I'm interested in baby-led, can anyone recommend a good site/book for me to read up about it before we get to that stage? I can't believe you guys with the older babies in the bunch are having to think about that already! Scary how quickly time flies!

Claire - glad Ana is doing ok and not finding it too distressing. At least you've got it over and done with!

Oh - and I get moaned at for the internet, but mainly he just takes the p out of me for going on a forum! If he knew how much I'm actually on here I'd never hear the end of it! (Fortunately because he works such long hours I can get away with it a lot more!)

All watching x-factor tonight? I'm on Strictly at the moment!

No worries about sending it to Becs. She is a whizz at sorting out the prints so you never know!

We're watching TV Burb at the moment but have X Factor to watch later. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->