Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Strictly fan here too - so glad SHE has finally gone and its back to watching them dance. Loving Scotty M - still dont quite get Pamela :wacko:

Ann we have scanned the prints but what size etc should we send and how to we label which is which - have big and small feet and hands but all mixed up to fit on paper :dohh:

You can send them any size as we will then resize to fit. If you want to you could write their names under the prints - obviously not too close though as we will need to be able to select the prints without the writing. Would that work? x

I take it Anne W has gone?

:happydance:

^^ the smiley dances beter than her! Although Anton is hilarious!

Do you want colour images or black and white - guess as high resolution as possible?

B&W would be great and yes pls re the high resolution. LOL at the smiley!!

Claire!! I've got the same rocker for Peyton!! Her and our cat Bud LOVE it!! lol

Lydia - babyled weaning book https://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-...pe=allproducts&searchsource=0&urlrefer=search

babyled weaning leaflet - https://www.rapleyweaning.com/assets/blwleaflet.pdf

Also a lot of BLWers / threads on weaning forum on here :thumbup:

BIG strictly fan here :thumbup: though I tend to catch x factor afterwards. SO pleased Widdy finally went, am very much in it for the dancing lol. Both DH and I love it (he got roped into ballroom and latin at uni with the rugby lads and loved it and carried on, though he's not your typical skinny :haha:)

Another strictly fan here!! Finally she went ...:happydance::happydance::happydance: although to be honest Anton has got on my nerves this time round too :blush:
Oh...and you did spoil the result as i hadnt watched the sky+ yet...but it was a great result so i dont mind :haha::haha::haha:

Brig - Do you have exactly the same one? If so does Peyton keep on pulling on the handle for the music....its starting to do my nut in :haha:

Lydia - Yep...at least its done with...well i hope so as she had a good dose of it so should be immune now :thumbup:

Weaning wise.....with Jac i did it pretty much my own way and it worked... i suppose a mixture of traditional and BLW all rolled into one:shrug: I did purees to start with...then did both purees and finger foods...bit moved quickly from the really smoth purees to the lumpier and chunks (a fair bit sooner than usual guidlines...but i was taking Jac's queues). So for most of the meals he was self feeding after a 2-3 months except for cereal and yogurts and stuff.
I started with Jac at 17 weeks as he was ready for it a few weeks before but i kept off till then. Think ill do the same with Ana....traditionally weaning was ok at 4 months and it's done me or anybody i know no harm so i'm doing the same again. She isnt showing any signs but i'll give it a go and see how we go.

My advice...dont get stuck in with instructions.....read up on the ideas and take it from there..you'll find your own way....and go with your gut instinct :thumbup:

xx

Yes the EXACT one Claire! :) I'm not sure, I haven't put her in since she's started grabbing at things! She prefers her Ocean Wonder's bouncer because of the lights. I'll have to try and see! :)

And thanks for that little bit on weaning. I am planning to do both BLW and tradional as well I think. and I want to start cereal or pureed fruit/veggie in a couple weeks. It was suggested I do this by the health burse to speed up Peyton's weight gain a bit.

xo

Yes the EXACT one Claire! :) I'm not sure, I haven't put her in since she's started grabbing at things! She prefers her Ocean Wonder's bouncer because of the lights. I'll have to try and see! :)

And thanks for that little bit on weaning. I am planning to do both BLW and tradional as well I think. and I want to start cereal or pureed fruit/veggie in a couple weeks. It was suggested I do this by the health burse to speed up Peyton's weight gain a bit.

xo

Give it a go... bet you she wont be going back in it after she starts pulling the thingy lol

Glad i managed to help somewhat:hugs: i'll start on baby rice first, then cereal and then fruit and veggies. So im going to start xmas week so we can go it together.... Maybe miss p will enjoy her food more than milk:hugs:

X

Claire you could always take the batteries out of the pully thing?

I could... But i would feel cruel since she really likes it. She hates lying on play mat so mostly in bouncer.. But brought out the bumbo yesterday and she loves it so far...So i wont hear it as much lol... Oh and Already taken battries out of a 'not working properly' big thomas the tank of Jac's last week.... It was loud and he kept on putting it on and then just leave to make noise......: he has loads of other things to play with so thats why i justified it....:blush:

Yup!! We will be doing it together since P turns 4 months on the 22th I'm gonna start that week as well!! Hope all goes well and the rice cereal doesn' constipate her :-(

Jack is 17 weeks today and poorly boy, we started Mogster at 19 weeks so will try to wait at least that long but as we want to do BLW will try to hold out as long as possible. Our plan is to start with rice/puree but to move to a more BLW approach come 6 months old.

Ann really want to send images but scanner linked to pc and cant use it :cry: Had power cut or something last night and seems to have suffered a power surge. Have isolated the problem but its to the motherboard :dohh: so looking lke new pc box for us - at least we can use the extra memory boards etc from the current box. So annoying but cant do anything but replace it as we use it more than lappy tbh. Least monitor etc is all ok :)

Off to surf for pc box bargains....catch you all later

Oh no! You poor thing. Maybe you might get lucky and get a good deal in the sales? Why don't you post the prints.

I'm not sure when I'm going to start with Harry but he's not sleeping as well as he used to. He did drop the first feed but it's back again. :(

sounds like he is just finding his own pattern

Apologies in advance for this mammoth post, i've got a few days worth to catch up on!!!

Lydia i've finally replied to your fb message!

Ann, i'm so excited about the keyrings, and now I can stop fretting about what to get my dad and G for crimbo! :happydance:

Secret Santa pressies arrived today so i'm all excited... and of course it doesn't matter if the pressies are late Brig!! :)

Moggy hope you're over the cold!!!! :hugs:

Claire I just LOVE your avatar, Ana's face makes me laugh every time I see it! I've just sold Kia's bumbo after he screamed in it every single blimming time I put him in it for aaages I just gave up, think he's too chubby to be comfy in it heehehe!

Pip hope you're doing ok???

Brig hope Miss P likes food more than she likes her milk!!! xx

Lia, MISS YOU lovely!!!!!! Can't believe Dylan is rolling, my lazy boy barely even bats at the toys above him, let alone moves! Well done Dylan!

We are definitely doing BLW, I've read the Gill Rapley book and it just confirmed my choice, Garry is really keen too. We're in no rush to start, was hoping for christmas dinner as first meal but K is so content with his milk at the moment so just going to wait and see, probably will wait until 6 months. If anyone wants to read the book PM me and i'll post it to you.

Just have to say though, you can't really do BLW and traditional weaning... that's contradictory! If you spoon feed, or puree foods, with some finger foods too, then it's TW. Not that it remotely matters, just wanted to point that out :rofl:

We sorted christmas out; he's staying here christmas eve so we're having breakfast together, the three of us and then he's going to his mums and i'm.... well, nothing but spending the day with my bubba and hopefull popping round to my stepmums in the evening. Typically we're getting on quite well recently, I miss him soooooooo much, but I told him a few days ago after my outburst on here that i'd had enough- that he needed to step up and love me properly, or leave me alone. I texted him and said "you're losing me, Garry. I just want you to know that" which I think pulled the wind out from him cos he turned up with a lovely present and cooked me a meal and has just been generally nice. Guard is up though, if things aren't better come the new year, i'm shutting the book for good, no matter how hard it is.

I went to see my beloved best friend Jess today who had her baby last week at 35 weeks; little L is doing so well, but I couldn't see her cos she's in SCBU. She's getting stronger though thank god. I am so in awe of Jess and how she's coping, just so proud of her, and desperately thankful that my son is so healthy. Been kissing him a LOT more than usual!!!

Oh and... I'm off to buy a baby to toddler rocker tomorrow, think i'm going to get the precious planets one from Mothercare, £59.99 though eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek :dohh::dohh::dohh: bloody expensive, the fisher price one is out of stock.

Apologies in advance for this mammoth post, i've got a few days worth to catch up on!!!

Lydia i've finally replied to your fb message!

Ann, i'm so excited about the keyrings, and now I can stop fretting about what to get my dad and G for crimbo! :happydance:

Secret Santa pressies arrived today so i'm all excited... and of course it doesn't matter if the pressies are late Brig!! :)

Moggy hope you're over the cold!!!! :hugs:

Claire I just LOVE your avatar, Ana's face makes me laugh every time I see it! I've just sold Kia's bumbo after he screamed in it every single blimming time I put him in it for aaages I just gave up, think he's too chubby to be comfy in it heehehe!

Pip hope you're doing ok???

Brig hope Miss P likes food more than she likes her milk!!! xx

Lia, MISS YOU lovely!!!!!! Can't believe Dylan is rolling, my lazy boy barely even bats at the toys above him, let alone moves! Well done Dylan!

We are definitely doing BLW, I've read the Gill Rapley book and it just confirmed my choice, Garry is really keen too. We're in no rush to start, was hoping for christmas dinner as first meal but K is so content with his milk at the moment so just going to wait and see, probably will wait until 6 months. If anyone wants to read the book PM me and i'll post it to you.

Just have to say though, you can't really do BLW and traditional weaning... that's contradictory! If you spoon feed, or puree foods, with some finger foods too, then it's TW. Not that it remotely matters, just wanted to point that out :rofl:

We sorted christmas out; he's staying here christmas eve so we're having breakfast together, the three of us and then he's going to his mums and i'm.... well, nothing but spending the day with my bubba and hopefull popping round to my stepmums in the evening. Typically we're getting on quite well recently, I miss him soooooooo much, but I told him a few days ago after my outburst on here that i'd had enough- that he needed to step up and love me properly, or leave me alone. I texted him and said "you're losing me, Garry. I just want you to know that" which I think pulled the wind out from him cos he turned up with a lovely present and cooked me a meal and has just been generally nice. Guard is up though, if things aren't better come the new year, i'm shutting the book for good, no matter how hard it is.

I went to see my beloved best friend Jess today who had her baby last week at 35 weeks; little L is doing so well, but I couldn't see her cos she's in SCBU. She's getting stronger though thank god. I am so in awe of Jess and how she's coping, just so proud of her, and desperately thankful that my son is so healthy. Been kissing him a LOT more than usual!!!

Oh and... I'm off to buy a baby to toddler rocker tomorrow, think i'm going to get the precious planets one from Mothercare, £59.99 though eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek :dohh::dohh::dohh: bloody expensive, the fisher price one is out of stock.

Yas, do you mean the present from your secret santa has arrived or you've ordered something to gift as secret santa and it has arrived??

And good for you for being firm with Garry...sometimes that's what some men need. Hopefully you get the outcome you deserve!!:hugs:

Also, do you feel like explaining BLW to me a bit more? I haven't read much about it...just what other moms say one here. :)

xo

Yas - good girl for being firm with G - he doesn't deserve it but hope he has the sense to step up else its his loss :hugs: crimbo plans sound good :thumbup:

We are hoping to hold out for BLW too, and at the mo Dylan is loving sitting in his high chair with us for meals.

Brig I'm sure Yas can help more but my understanding of BLW is that you basically skip purees and spoonfeeding and wait until baby shows signs of being ready (hence baby led). So they should be able to sit unaided, grabbing at food / interested in food, and will lose the tongue thrust reflex enabling them to eat stuff I think.

So by waiting til 6 months you can skip the purees etc and head straight to regular food (because with traditional weaning you can start finger foods from 6mo anyway according to the guidelines) but its about them doing it all - you can give porridge etc too but you pre-load spoons or give them stuff to dip in dips, so they are controlling what goes in their mouth.

Thats why I fancy it with Dylan - he likes to control what goes in his mouth, if I offer him a toy to chew hes just not interested and wants to do it himself :shrug:

Dylan isn't ready yet I think as although he's loving sitting with us for meals he's not even a bit interested in the food yet.

One of the ladies at my BF group said she chose TW over BLW so she knew how much was being eaten which I can understand as I'm finding that aspect of BFing difficult.

Yas were are aiming for BLW at 6 months but if he needs to start earlier then we would do rice and mush til then - not sure what you call it but it will be different approach to Mogster who did rice, mush, lumpier mush and finger foods then proper food. Hoping we can try finger food so he can join in with us more at the table than if we are constantly feeding him IYKWIM. Quite looking forward to it but hoping we clear christmas first :wacko: 6 months come just as we are due to move :dohh:

Glad you have chrimbo sorted Yas - breakfast then special time with your boy, christmas is about spending time with your loved ones and who do you love more than K? I think it will be lovely to be able to focus on each other - K is a lucky boy! Said it before but you are a fab Mummy dont forget that - you and K deserve the best :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->