Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

ooh Yas meant to say try instore in Mothercare as they may have one on shop floor?

^ good idea, going out later anyway to buy Eclipse :)happydance:) so will have a look!!

Brig, I meant the present i've bought for my Secret Santa has arrived! Not mine xxx

So, Lia pretty much summed it up, but the main aspects of BLW is just skipping all the stages such as smooth/mashed/lumpy and starting straight with 'finger foods'. You don't ever feed them so that they choose how much or how little they actually want to eat, and then in turn learn when they are full. Spoon feeding takes that away as you are giving them a set amount. They sit with you at mealtimes, and eat what you are eating. You tend to do a milkfeed first, rather than to top them up, and there's no hurry for them to actually start eating the food they have in front of them; it's more about playing and experiementing with tastes and textures.

They recommend you wait till 6 months as there's no research at all to show babies need anything other than milk before then, although some do prefer to move onto food to fill their babies up, it isn't necessary nutritionally.

It really doesn't make a difference what you choose to do though, but if you start off spoon feeding with mush and then start offering finger foods later, that's definitely not BLW. Hope that makes sense!!! xxx

:thumbup:

:hi: moggy :hi: and any other lovely ladies who are about! :flower:

PS - decided to put in my request for voluntary redundancy today so cross your fingers for me ladies :happydance:

PPS - YAY for eclipse Yas, LURVE all things twilight!

PPPS - Off to weigh chubster this AM. He was 14lb 1oz three weeks ago I think. Place your bets!

15lb exactly :dance: think will get Jack done thursday - unless its very cold again :dohh:

I think 16lb :woah:

K was 17.5lbs when he was 17.5 weeks... Grandad is taking him to baby clinic tomorrow so we'll see if he's carried on at his current rate :rofl:

Lia, yey to voluntary redundancy!! FX they approve your request.

Was it Claire or Moggy that said Harry could be finding his night time pattern? Do some babies not go for long periods between night feeds? Maybe he just prefers small amounts frequently. Hey ho, will obviously do what ever he needs.

Yas, my sister sent you some wipes yesterday so you should get them today or tomorrow! Whoop whoop. Re Gary, good for you for being strong. It's good that he now knows he's close to loosing you. Are you planning on just staying in during the day at Christmas? We never met up in London did we. Fancy doing it over the Christmas break? Does anyone else fancy it?

Our tree is up! We put on Christmas songs whilst I decorated it and Don played with Harry. I wish I took some photos as it was so sweet!

x

Ann - Dylan still gets up through the night to feed, think he is a bit of a snacker unfortunately! No matter how much I try and feed him up in the day :dohh: worst thing is even though he doesn't have teeth he seems to have learnt how to bite, and if I try and give him more boob and he doesn't want it the little sod clamps down on my nipple :growlmad:

Would also love to meet up - and could potentially do crimbo break, if DH lets me as for the first year ever he has got a lot of time off at crimbo with his new job :haha: he is used to working even christmas day (for a nice premium to be fair) but he gets a whole 10 days off this year, he's not going to know what to do with himself :rofl:

Well, with regards to boob, I know I must be doing okay because................today..........fatboy weighed in at 15lb 4oz!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

He is 18 weeks and 3 days, and has put on 19oz in 3 weeks!!!!!! :happydance: they were all gobsmacked when I said he is still exclusively BF! He is sneaking back closer to 50th centile from 25th lol. Was so worried with his chest infection as he wasn't eating much!

Bet J and K are chubbing up nicely ladies :thumbup:

:cloud9:

Go Dylan!!!

Oooh Ann and Lia I would love a meet up, I'm completely flexible as to when and where, as long as it's reachable by trains!! Anyone else able to get South?? Lydia??

Go Dylan!!!

Oooh Ann and Lia I would love a meet up, I'm completely flexible as to when and where, as long as it's reachable by trains!! Anyone else able to get South?? Lydia??

Oof, somewhere easy enough for the geographically challenged too lol, I'm awful at finding my way around :rofl:

LOL! I'm pretty flexible. Lia, are you up for meeting too? If so did you have anywhere in mind?

Lia, that is an amazing weight gain! I haven't weighed Harry for a few weeks now so must do it on Thursday. FX his weight gain is still ok as it was on the verge of dropping another percentile line last time we checked. Like you, I get told if he's has enough milk! He's only clamped down a few times but he'll generally just go mental if I try to feed him some more!!

LOL! I'm pretty flexible. Lia, are you up for meeting too? If so did you have anywhere in mind?

Lia, that is an amazing weight gain! I haven't weighed Harry for a few weeks now so must do it on Thursday. FX his weight gain is still ok as it was on the verge of dropping another percentile line last time we checked. Like you, I get told if he's has enough milk! He's only clamped down a few times but he'll generally just go mental if I try to feed him some more!!

These independent little men lol :haha:

Errm figured I would be heading south to you lot :haha: were you thinking London last time? That would be around 2-3hrs max on the train from here? :thumbup: oh but I am a bit scared of the underground with a baby lol :haha:

Hi Ladies!!

Thank you all for that mini lesson on BLW :) So I guess I will be going the traditional route with P...althoughI hope to give her more independence asap, I'm just hoping she'll gain quicker with the mush rather than milk alone till 6 mths. I keep hoping that its true bigger babies sleep longer.

And I'm jealous of your meet!!! lol

x

Just to clarify... I know what BLW is and isnt. I said id done my own style of weaning which is a combo of all sorts of styles Of which i mentioned BLW. I know my style doesnt show true BLW but i didnt do the full on traditional weaning either....as you surely dont know the details of what i did with jac over the past 18 months:shrug: Im sorry... Im not happy and feel a bit patronised so needed to get my point across
.:cry:

I'm sure it was just meant to help clarify to Brigitte :hugs: You are one of the gurus that us new Mums rely on for info! xxx

I know you're right...i just felt i had to clarify my feelings otherwise would have felt 2 faced iykwim :hugs:

What's up Claire!? :-( What's the matter!? big hugs!

Ok Ladies, what do you think about tv and babies? I am running out og indoor activities to do with P so we just sat and watched Baby Einstein, the baby beethoven one. Now let me clarify, I didn't just plob her in from of the TV. I sat her on me and bounced her and sang with the dvd and narrated everything on the tv...like that block is blue, yellow red, oh look at the lion, woof that's the sound the dog makes etc... Do you think this is acceptable?

xo

Absolutely. There is nothing worse than letting something brew when just expressing your thoughts will sort it.

Anyway you could make a trip from North Wales Claire? I'm guessing it's a tad far but it would be lovely to meet up. x

Brigitte, I totally think that's ok. Harry loves the TV and we so desperately try not to let him watch it but it's a Godsend when I have to quickly nip round the house. We've got those DVDs too but he currently prefers adult programmes!! LOL

Awwwe!! Thanks Ann! Phew....you just made me feel load better! I just wanted nto add something different to the usual play mat, tummy time, swing, bouncer chair...repeat! lol

xo

Brig - we have tv on here too sometimes, but as you say I interact with him with it, we sing along to third and bird as he likes that lol, and its generally singing songs and stuff that we do with it.

Claire hun - I don't think it was intended like that at all, and I think clarifying the difference between TW and BLW was more for whoever it was (sorry can't remember :dohh:) who'd asked for a bit more info on BLW. Moggy had also said she planned to do purees if Jack needed weaning sooner and then move onto BLW so I think Yas was just trying to differentiate, as TW also has finger foods at 6mo anyway. As you say, you did your own thing anyway and I'm sure we all will know what works for us by baby number 2 as well and will be doing whatever our LOs want or need :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Super tired this end, and waiting for something I'd ordered for secret santa to arrive still amongst other orders ARGH :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->