Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Brig - Jacks current favourite is to sit in his hop n pop and dance to christmas music on tv whilst I jig and sing along too :oops: We do washing, cooking etc and he bops away. Means a guaranteed 30 mins for me to get bits done and him to have fun at the same time.

TV is sometimes a godsend to give you a breather, when I was heavily pregnant with Jack I found CBeebies a godsend, same in the early days with Jack feeding so often that Mogster would sit with us and wed read books or play games but when he got bored then tv again helped.

Main thing IMO is to not use tv as a baby sitter, if you and baby watch together and interact with each other and the tv/dvd then I dont see a problem unless its ALL day!

Claire have you watch 3rd and bird with Jac? Mogster loves it and it gives across cute messages :o) Show Me Show Me is another - we love it and its educational!

Yas I dont think what we are planning for Jack is true BLW but equally I dont feel we are aiming to do TW either as we did it for Mogster and felt it wasnt the best way. BLW requires them to be 6 months plus so we intend to do rice or mush before 6 months if Jack needs more than BM then as soon as he is old enought to try BLW we will. Guess it wont be BLW in the truest sense but equally wont really be TW either :wacko: Dont mind what it is called just feel have to do what WE think is best for Jack.

Understand how you felt Claire as I read it and didnt know how to respond either just know it made me feel a bit of a muppet :wacko: Anyway pplan to weaning him my way and whatever it entails so long as it works for him and us as a family it can be called anything!

You ladies are a godsend to me, dont want to think have caused ructions etc. Claire how far are you from Bristol? Can get to London town easily from Cambridge but might be a tad far from Brizzle, maybe we could do an East meet and a West meet? Whatever came of the cruiseship idea :rofl:

Moggy - I guess thats how i felt too....but with a mixture of things going on here felt extra sensitive :cry: (Ana has been 'off' and crying most of the day, Jac is in one of his hard work moods for past few days AAAAAAnd there was a court case today that i wasnt sure if i needed to attend - sorting out finances with the ex if you remember ...luckily i didnt have to go)
I didnt want to upset anyone or cause an uproar....i just felt i had to mention as i thought we were all friends and being honest was the best thing :hugs:

I have vaguely come across 'show me show me' but not seen the other one.....will keep my eye out. If Jac gets to watch TV it's mostly welsh kids TV....his fave is the welsh version of fireman sam....but he does like pingu which is ont he welsh channel even though it in no language :dohh: and waybuloo.

Would love a meet.....anywhere is far for me though :dohh: Takes me over an hour just to get to cheshire...and then its a trek to anywhere in england :haha:
Travelling a fair distance i think i would prefer to travel alone and leave the kids with hubby....but that would defeat the object i suppose :shrug:

I said "it doesn't remotely matter" and "it really doesn't make a difference what you choose to do though". Sorry you both felt patronised. I was just clarifying to Brig who asked for an explanation. I didn't pass judgement on what either of you did or don't know, or on what you're choosing to do with your babies.

Yas- i think being a 2nd time mum your explanation made me feel like a muppet... But like you say.. It wasnt intended for me or moggy anway:dohh: sorry ... Didnt want to cause mayhem... But felt over sensitive yesterday even though its no excuse. I hope you take my apology and sorry if ive upset you in mentioning it all:hugs::hugs:
Xx

sorry Yas I think I misread what you meant. Overtired and its making me short tempered. Mogster over his bug but Jack not improving, starting steroids friday if we cant shake it :(

Moggy- glad mogster is better... I hope J gets better asap so he doesnt have to take steroids... Poor thing.. Massive hugs to you all:hugs::hugs:

Xx

Hi Ladies!

So last night was wonderful!! We went to the mall so Peyton got her bath a little later than usual and then I fed her around 10. I brought her in our room to swaddle her but when I layed her down on our bed and she was being so cute i layed next to her and she fell asleep!!!:shock: So I actually left her there for a couple of hours while DH and I enjoyed quiet in the living room.

Then when we went to bed she got a bit upset I put her in her bassinet, so I had to cuddle her for a few minutes then put her back and she went right to sleep until 5:00!!! Fed her and then back asleep in her bed from5:30ish to 8:20!!! :cloud9: Sleep is bliss!!!

xo

MIL rant warning!!

Ok, so as some of you know I have decided to start P on solids in a couple weeks when she is 4 months to help with weight gain since she's so tiny. Yesterday I posted a question on FB asking mommies when they started their LO on solids and got great responses inclusing my MIL suggesting I ask so and so because she started yams pretty early....Only to find out she calld Nathan at work to bitch that I am starting her WAY too early??? WTF?? :grr: It's very irritating to me to get mom advice from her since she was a crap mom to N and his brother!!

Ahh hope your little man is better soon moggy :nope:

Brig that is ridiculous. You have sought medical advice and this is what has been recommended to you, and there are reasons for that, its therefore quite rightly yours and DHs decision whether to take that advice - how rude of MIL :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

I'm having the opposite (almost) problem over here - everyone wants Dylan weaning and I feel he doesn't need it yet :dohh: my mum even keeps saying things, ended up saying "tell nanna to sod off" last time as she just wasn't taking my hint. He isn't feeding any more frequently or being disatisfied with milk, he is still gaining really well, and if we hold food in front of him he just looks at us like we're stupid (which is interesting as if we hold anything inedible in front of him he eats it :rofl:) so for Dylan I think we can wait yet. The looks I got at the (early) Christmas party at MILs that he wasn't on rice or anything were ridiculous. I didn't even bother trying to explain BLW because they were funny enough about BFing (DHs auntie in particular).

However when Dylan got weighed yesterday I sent MIL a text letting her know how he'd done and was pleased to get a lovely reply of "That's all down to you!! Well done to you all!" so that was nice :cloud9:

Hope your OH told her where to shove it Brig :winkwink::winkwink::winkwink:

Hahaha!!! Thanks Lia!!

how much is Dylan at now??

xo

Hi ladies.

Claire, sorry to hear you're having a hard time with Ana and Jac. Hope there were less tears etc today. Glad you didn't have to go to court. Is that all sorted now? I had totally forgotten about the horrible financial situation you were in regarding him.

Moggy, Glad Mogster is better but FX that Jack follows suit soon. Poor thing.

Brig, that is crazy of your MIL. I hope Nathan gave her a talking to! I've heard of a few parents / parents-in-law interfering with the upbringing of babies and I just don't get it. I am so lucky that mine all feel it's up to us how we look after Harry. Not one of them have tried to give me their opinion unless I've asked for it and I think that is how it should be. You're her Mum and you will no doubt do what you feel is best.

Yas, where is easiest for you to meet? If the other ladies are doing a 'north' meet we could meet south ie south of Tooting? I think we are going to Wimbledon soon so we could always combine a visit.

Moggy, we made a good start on your keyring today and it's looking brilliant! It's going to be very chunky so legally it really should be hallmarked if we were selling it to you but as we aren't making a profit I think we're fine. Also as I said, we have to refer to it as white metal instead of silver, but it is silver!!

Pip, we have made a start on yours too although we haven't got to the clay stage yet. We have created the 3d print and again that is looking great.

xx

if we hold food in front of him he just looks at us like we're stupid (which is interesting as if we hold anything inedible in front of him he eats it :rofl:)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You did this with your :holly: :haha:

Bit tearful here as struggling to get Jack to keep a feed and his medicine down, he needs the medicine to help him fight it but it gives him the squits and stings his bum :dohh: plus his milk isnt staying down :nope: Gonna head to clinic tomorrow to get an idea of how he is doing just incase we have to try the steroids - would feel happier with dosage based on his EXACT weight...

Mogsters christmas play on Friday morning. He is a "christmas star". So excited just hope Jack is feeling quiet....

Claire how did court go - good that you didnt have to attend but did anything get resolved? Hope it is good news :hugs: 3rd and bird is CBeebies at 12.45 :thumbup:

Brig - Mogster weaned early at 19 weeks as he wasnt growing quick enough - he was a petite baby, long and lean! Rice and mush suited him but he is still long and lean now, if he were a girl you would say he looks dainty as he is tall. I think he is just built that way. He has a stonking six pack :thumbup: You have to follow your instincts with it and if needs be tell MIL where to go! You and N are her parents so its up to you, so long as you and he are united in the plan for P then she can whistle!!! (sounds rude dont mean to be but she should let you be parents and she be grandparent!) :hugs:

Ooh Ann Im really excited now! Cant wait to see it, have you been taking pics as you go along? Cant wait - ooh i said that already. Saving my pennies for another one as really want for me too - sold my maternity clothes today so am halfway there :) Hoping to be able to make another order for the new year :happydance:

I love this thread :hug:

Brig - Glad you had a fab night last night...let it continue :thumbup: Do what you feel is right...dont let MIL interfere :hugs:

Ann - Ana still having bouts of crying and not reaslly sure why :shrug: poor mummy or what :cry: Im down to 2 options.....either its defo teething pain....or a dry skin patch thats quite bad at the back of the head is getting on her nerves. I think its eczema as i had it bad as a baby. If shes the same tomorrow ill take her to docs on friday to check it out.
Glad all is good with the jewellery :thumbup:

moggy - Poor Jack.....sending massive virtual hugs :hugs::hugs: Maybe steroids are the answer then ..:hugs::hugs: I really hope he gets better quickly for both you and him hun...oh and 3rd and bird is on the sky plus for tomorrow :thumbup:

Lia- Do what you feel is right....if you dont think he's ready wait it out....you know best for your little boy:thumbup:

Yas - Hope you're not staying away because of me? :hugs:

Court wise...dont know the outcome yet. Suppose ill get a letter tomorrow...i could have phoned to ask but....i have a feeling it wont be done just yet and itll get dragged out iykwim. Cross fingers for me :winkwink:

xx

my fingers are crossed:hugs:

and looking forward to hearing what Ana and Jac make of 3rd and bird...and Mummy :haha:

Thank you ladies!

Thankfully Nathan doesn't take her crap, and since she called his cell phone while he was at work he pretty much hung up on her (yes a bit mean. lol) when he realized she was calling for such a ridiculous reason. If she says something else I'll have a few choice words for her. And yes, N and I are united on the starting at 4 months front...and so is everyone else really, she's so small we want to get some meat one her lol!

Moggy, did't realize your boy was talll and skinny as well!? I guess some kids are just like that!? and I'm sorry to hear the littlest one is still sick. :-( Keep us posted!

Claire, hope you can figure out what's bugging Ana soon! Poor mum and baby :-( Big hugs!

xo

Aww Moggy poor you and Jack. It's so hard to see them unhappy so I can't imagine how tough this must be for you. We're on poo watch here as it's been two days and he's obviously uncomfortable and even that is upsetting me as his cries are 'pain' cries IYKWIM. I also LOVE the BB dance!

And Claire, poor you and Ana. Again these cries are so upsetting. FX you get some answers from the Drs if you go.

Brig, I'm so glad that N is supportive! You've got a goodun there!

Brig he started on the 25th and dropped to between the 2nd and 9th centiles by his first birthday he was on the 50th, he was long and lean then and thats how he is now. Takes all sorts to make the world go around.

Jack started off big but he is geting sooo long that he now looks long and lean too. Not sure when they will measure his length next? Think it is 8 month check :shock:

Sounds like Team Peyton has a plan and MIL needs to get her pompoms out! :friends:

guess what we had for pudding tonight? Angel Delight :loopy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"