Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Pip- ive been meaning to mention for ages.... Love your avatar pic:cloud9:

Xx

4 weeks: 10lb 11oz
Today at 6 weeks: 11lb 9oz :happydance:

Thanks, Claire. :cloud9:

Hi everyone!

1 handed again...

I've taken J out in carrier a couple of times now, she loves it - only in upright position though!

Ann - we struggle to settle J at night, yesterday we bought a lionheart teddy thing that plays womb noises, she really seemed to like it, she woke in the night, which made the noise start and then went another hour before demanding a feed! Whoop!

Bought vibrating chair yesterday, but didn't get batteries, very stupid! Did feed in public though, so v pleased with myself (and thank goodness for John Lewis cafe, which wasnt too busy!)

Thanks for info etc on sore tummy, its less tender today, so hoping its getting better.

Yas - did day and a half of fluff as soon as her cord came off, got a bit disheartened as she out-wet everything, it gave her nappy rash and made cord-stump weepy. Its fine now so going to try again tomorrow, I've given some of the nappies another couple of washes in the hope that it will help absorbency?

Speaking of nappies - I've just done 3 changes in 20 mins - why does it always happen like that?!

All the babies seem to be gaining nicely! Well done everyone! Oh, and Ann, I don't think size is supposed to make any difference, why don't you try what we do (we don't do it through choice...) and change when he stops feeding, this always wakes J up and she wants more. I also let her cluster feed before we put her to bed, she seems to go much longer this way?

Can't remember what else I had to reply to now...

Really quiet in here these days...hope everyone is okay.

I am hoping to take S swimming in due course. I have been advised that he needs to wear a swim nappy and a costume. I also had a look online and it appears that for all Baby Swimming Lessons the LO need to wear two swim nappies. One like the Huggies Little Swimmers and one like this: https://www.waterbabies.co.uk/product.php?p=3

I have also seen these to keep them warm. https://www.waterbabies.co.uk/product.php?f=Keeping Warm&p=5

So I am not sure what to get him? :wacko:

He obviously would need the Happy Nappy and the Little Swimmers if I took him to the lessons, but I also like the wetsuit to keep him warm, but wouldn't that be too much?

I use a Happy Nappy if i'm going to a pool that is heated in Putney- it's like a bath! And I use the suit for my local pool as it's colder.

We're starting waterbabies in a regular pool so he'll be in the suit, but you can choose to use hydrotherapy pools which are much warmer so he probably wont need the wetsuit- up to you xx

I looked at Water Babies, but their core programme consists of 40 weeks spread across four 10-week terms, but they suggest that you can at least manage 2.

Hi ladies...

Lydia- im going to try the lion heart teddy... Ana pretty much goes a full 8-9 hous between feeds at night now but can be restless and gripey at times with full on crying so maybe this will work? If mot its still cute and might work for naps down the line:shrug: Ana prefers the vibrating chair to the swing too... Maybe its a lady thing:rofl:

Pip- use either or like yas mentioned... The suits with flotations are good... Have one for jac as its so much less hassle and stress using it:thumbup:

Yas- hi hun... Hope ur ok:hugs:

As for us.. Hubby has gone this morning to watch footie in switzerland till wed evening..ets hope i survive lol.
Ana still has good and bad times with gripes..but nights have settled down for now so not so bad. Otherwise were great....

Xxx

Jack likes the vibrating chair best too. Cant wait til he can try the jumperoo - when can he?

When his neck muscles are fully developed and he can hold his head indefonitely.... Around 4 months i started with jac but had to prop some catalogues/cushions on the floor as he was too short.., jac loved his!

Xx

Kia went in his yesterday, he loves it, he has full neck/head control and can touch the floor!

Hi Claire :hugs: I just sold my prince lionheart, boohoo couldda give it to you.

I'm dyiiiiiiiiiiiiiing cos i've got my first period and it is fricking killing me :sick:

Oh and i'm currently sitting at home in a fit of fury... I've come in from college early today to find Garry not here, despite saying he had no plans today.. text him to see where he is and get a sheepish "erm, i'm in town, me and Bubs have met Sandra for lunch..."... HIS EX GIRLFRIEND. Without telling me.

*rage*

Oh and i'm currently sitting at home in a fit of fury... I've come in from college early today to find Garry not here, despite saying he had no plans today.. text him to see where he is and get a sheepish "erm, i'm in town, me and Bubs have met Sandra for lunch..."... HIS EX GIRLFRIEND. Without telling me.

*rage*

Tosser :growlmad:

Get your pjs and hot water bottle out xxxxx

Oh Yas I'm sorry to hear about that. I would be livid as well :-(

xo

Grrr to Gary.. what an arse wipe.

We've actually got one of those teddies but not sure it's helping as I think the issue is more wind related.

xx

Yas- nevermind hun...got a cheaper one off ebay...somEthing tells me it wont work anyway:dohh: oh and i know how u feel with the period... Mine has been the worst ever over the wkend and im on the pill:shrug: i also second Lia's response about Gary:blush:

Ann- dont think itll work for us either... But willing to try anything.

Lia- hi hun
Xxx

Jack had his jabs today - and has had evil reaction :cry:

Oh no Moggy, poor little Jack, what sort of reaction has he had?

Yas, grrrr, I'm so angry for you hun.

The teddy seems to work mainly by providing background noise which is consistent, so her noises don't startle her and wake her while she's drifting off (her animal noises seem to scare her, she's such a noisy sleeper!)

Moggy- poor thing...hope hes better tomorrow and its nothing serious hun. Has he had an alergic reaction? :hugs:

Brig- hi hun.. Hows miss p?

Lydia- i dont get any problems with Ana going to sleep on her own either its just the gripes canmake her unsettled and so i think she wakes earlier for feeds because of it.... Or itll end up being the only thing to settle her once and for all. So thought id give it a try... If not it might come in handy for naps down the line.,.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->