Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Yas- oh...and jac isnt short overall either....he as a long upper body but really short legs.... Just like his mummy and daddy:haha:

Xx

Hi Claire!

She's good! She's consistenty doing 5-6 hours at night which is nice. And two nights she went down half awake and put herself to sleep!!!

Now my problem is pumping. I tried for the second time today and once again only got half an ounce from both boobs combined :-( I want to build a stash...doesm't look like it will happen.

Moggy: Hope jack is ok. :-(

ox

Aww moggy poor LO :hugs: hope he is okay. Dylan is going to have his first lot of jabs at 12 weeks - they have all been shunted on because he couldn't have them yet because of his cold :dohh:

Brig - I was only getting bits to start. If you keep doing it, it might get better, what pump are you using? I started pumping just after the first morning feed each day and can often get about 4oz now, and was barely gettting a half ounce to start.

:hugs: ladies, just a flying visit as was up with the gall stones again last night. Back in at the doctors tomorrow, the receptionist was gobsmacked when I said 45 week waiting list for scan (she also said 4-5? :haha:) so am booked in. At the least I need some pain relief cos now i'm running on empty today and it wasn't even poor Dylan who kept me up :dohh:

Hope you're all doing ok, will get back when I find some matchsticks for my eyes :rofl:

Jack a lot brighter this morning, fluroescent vomit lasted about and hour or so then we saw docs afterwards, they said he has obviously had a reaction as his temp was high too but we should keep offering BF and lots of cuddles and watch his temp if it went over 38 again then up to hospital as in suc young baby he would eed monitoring, fortunately we calmed him down, cooled him down and he took a bit of calpol and a short feed then sparked out - for 8 hours!!!! I was up for 2 solid hours 12.30-2.30 making sure he was ok despite the sensor mat under him and that he is next to the bed, dozed off only to be woken by Mogster falling out of bed about 3 and by time he was calm and sleeping again Jack finally woke up. He was much happier, clean bum, bit of boob and cuddles and he went back to sleep til morning. Now he is cuddly but happier and having his usual doze so hoping hes over it now...dreading the next set though :cry: Mogster didnt react at all!

Hi Claire!

She's good! She's consistenty doing 5-6 hours at night which is nice. And two nights she went down half awake and put herself to sleep!!!

Now my problem is pumping. I tried for the second time today and once again only got half an ounce from both boobs combined :-( I want to build a stash...doesm't look like it will happen.

Moggy: Hope jack is ok. :-(

ox

With Mogster I used to pump before morning feed as he would only ever take one boob so I used to empty the other - if I pumped at 6.45 he would feed at 7 then again about 10/10.30 so plenty time to replenish IYKWIM

This time havent got pump out yet but probably will around 14 weeks to make sure have some ready for weaning...

Brig found the pink charts have been left in Jacks book - Mogsters they arent :wacko: and Brig's weight looks like it follows the same curve as Mogster did in the beginning so :thumbup: cos he is great and Miss P is to but prettier! (he is handsome instead :loopy: )

Hi Claire!

Jealous!!! I've been starting to pump too, like Lia I do just after the morning feed to get the most. She actually took a bottle from me at the in-laws, I was amazed! (But then was still hungry! About how much should a 9-10lb baby be having at each feed?)

Moggy, so pleased he's doing better, you must have been so worried :hugs:

Who was it that was saying about the coffee krispykremes? I just had one for breakfast :haha: Parents brought some back from the airport!

Lia - I really hope the doctors goes well hun, you poor thing :hugs:

Claire - same for me, very long body and very short legs! :dohh:

Im starting to think we dont have short legs...we surely cant ALL have short legs can we? Maybe the trousers are wrong? Or maybe we have all had too much AD!!!

Mogster and Jack both have the long body short legs thing but theyre both over the 75th centile despite Mogster being alean bean and Jack being a chunky monkey at the moment :wacko: Think charts etc and shops measurements must be out of date :dohh:

MrsM the formula cartons have a table on the side that says how many oz each size would take per day so maybe it will say on there? Difficult to know how much each boob gives thoug :wacko: Enough I would guess if she doesnt want more after booby feeds?

Jack still sparko so off to empty washing machine of all our outfits from yesterday and the million muzzies that mopped up the vomit :sick:

Poor little Jack! Injections suck :( really hope he feels better today Moggy. K's got his next set on Thursday and I am dreading it, not just cos it hurts him and upsets us both but also cos we had 5 days of puke and screams last time :(

Thanks everyone- I don't know why I put up with this man :dohh:

MrsM the formula cartons have a table on the side that says how many oz each size would take per day so maybe it will say on there? Difficult to know how much each boob gives thoug :wacko: Enough I would guess if she doesnt want more after booby feeds?

Thanks, will try and have a look when I'm next in the supermarket. Because I've only ever BF, I have no idea how much she's getting, so I don't really know how much to express for one feed! :dohh:

hi ladies!
(sorry one handed post and in the dark it;s 6:55am here now)

Moggy: Poor little man :cry: I'm dreading P's shots. I can't believe he had such a reaction :-( happy to hear he's feeling better!
Thank you for the advice on pumping and checking out those pink charts. So what percentile would that put her in? :hugs:

Lia: Its such a relief to hear that ypo only got a bit pumping at first as well. How long did it take to get to pumping 4oz?? Oh and this is my pump https://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=3464713
I also have the medela harmony...but manual pumping isny for me!
Hope you get some rest and feel better soon :hugs:

Lydia: when you find out oz per weight..please share! I'm wondering how much EBM to store per bag.

alright well P is back to sleep so i might as well try to puy her back in her bassinet and see if she sleeps (trying to break the habit of nursin and falling asleep in my bed)

xo

I think maybe a week but I could be plucking that figure from nowhere :shrug: on a good day I managed to get 6oz, keep fluids up :thumbup:

I stored mine in 2oz at a time to begin with, too frightened to waste such hard work :haha: to be fair he generally doesn't manage more than 3oz at a time yet but I think that may be due to not liking the bottle as I'm sure he takes more than that from me.

Brig when I switched from manual to electric I also got less at first for some reason but find it easy enough now :thumbup:

Hee hee - AD responsible for our short legs - I like that theory!!

Lia - I know what you mean about wasting the hard work!! I'm paranoid that my milk won't replenish in time for her next feed - which is ridiculous I know!! I get about 2oz at a time at the moment (from one boob, I tend to feed her, she only has from one side unless its last thing at night when she drinks more, and then express from the other side), I'm hoping that the more I express the more I'll get as my body gets used to it. I use an electric pump, medela swing, which I've been really pleased with.

Advice needed ladies - J naps a LOT during the day, should I be trying to keep her awake more so she sleeps better at night? :shrug: Yesterday for example, she slept for rather a large portion of the day, she'll wake for feed/change, then stay awake for about 30 mins after that (so about an hour in total) and then nod off again usually. About once/twice a day she'll stay awake for longer and I'll play with her a bit more.

Ladies, just a quick one before we are off out to Boots to get some nappies.

The breastfeeding book that Moggy suggested states: "Most babies under the age of 4 month will need approx. 150ml of milk per kg of body weight (or 2 1/2 - 3oz per 1lb) during each 24 hour period. The amount of milk a baby takes will depend on how many feeds he is having a day and also vary a bit from feed to feed.

E.g.: For a 7lb baby on seven feeds a day, you would multiply 7lb by 3oz = 21oz. Divided by seven feeds = 3oz per feed. For ease of maths, I used 3oz rather than 2 1/2oz."

Hope this helps. ;)

Brill, thanks Pip! That works out as about 4oz for me then, which is what the health visitor said to me today (she said between 4 and 5oz).

Had a bad afternoon today, J just wanted to feed and feed, and if I stopped, scream and scream! Even our usual walk wouldn't calm her down (usually she falls straight to sleep when we walk).

How is everyone else?

Moggy:
Wanted to ask, how do you like your sensor mat? what type do you have? Nathan and I just bought one for Peyton's bassinet today.

Lydia: How old is J now? ( you need to get a ticker lol!) P acts like that when shes having a growth spurt...we just sit around a feed/sleep all day.

xo

Yes - I'd also be keen to find out how you get on with the sensor Moggy, we'e got one but haven't used it yet as she sleeps next to me. I'd worry about forgetting to turn it off before picking her up for a feed and then the alarm waking DH up etc? When she wakes for a feed, she wants picking up instantly!

I do indeed need a ticker!! She's 4 weeks tomorrow.

We love it. Had it for Mogster cos he was a premmie but used it for Jack in crib and now in cot. Definite :thumbup:

Ours has a nightlight feature so you turn that on and flick sensor switch at same time. Great to know if anything happened the alarm would wake us. The beep ours emits is noticable when you turn it on but we barely notice it now. Sure it would annoy others though....

Jack poorlyagain last night but better this morning :wacko: Yas how soon did K get over his jabs?

Bonus is though we have had two nights of 7-7 with a 3am wake up :happydance:

Hows everyone doing? Ann you got t'internet back :yipee:

Oh no poor Jack. I'm dreading the injections. I went to the Drs last week to get Harry weighed and there were lots of crying babies there who had just had there injections. I nearly cried so goodness knows how I'll be when it's my son's turn.

Brigitte, I am so jealous of how well Peyton is sleeping! Harry is getting worse!

Lia, sorry to hear about the gall stones :hugs: and Yas sorry to hear you're suffering with a period. I can't believe how quickly they come back.

Lydia, I'm also worried about expressing and not replenishing the milk in time for the next feed. Unfortunately I never know when Harry is going to wake and want feeding but I think as long as I do it in the morning I should be ok. I was trying him out on the bottle with formula just to see if he would take the bottle as I was wasting my milk but my sister has since told me that formula tastes very different so he may not take the bottle due to the taste, so back to pumping!

Yep Moggy I have internet!! Whoop whoop! And I had my first pack of AD last night since being told to cut down on sugar! Think I had forgotten I bought 3 packs to treat myself to after Harry was born.

Well Harry seems to have a cold. He's coughing and sneezing and generally sounds bunged up, the poor thing. I'm not sure if I can do anything to help him as he's only 5 weeks old.

Last night was terrible as he just wouldn't go down. As soon as I picked him up he feel asleep but then was wide awake and crying when I put him back down. In the end he joined us in bed. Not sure if this is cold related but he seems to be getting harder to get to bed. He used to be fast asleep by about 10-11pm but last night it was gone midnight and then he was up again 2 hours later and then just wouldn't sleep.

I'm a bit worried he's going to get used to all our different ways of getting him to fall asleep... boob, dummy, swinging chair, cuddles... He doesn't seem to go down without all of the above!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->