Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

we almost got one for Mogster but tbh they dont hold much and the only friend who has one finds she ends up carrying it and the child :dohh: We were looking at the Gruffalo one for trips to see family etc for him to put toys in but he much prefers a Waitrose bag for life :haha:

Jack is loving the rice, he is opening his mouth and helping guide the spoon so assume that means he is ready...?

Yas I wouldnt worry about K not being ready. We have done it now as Jack was starting to drop weight - he started 98th centile and is now just under 75th (I think he was only 98th cos he was overdue mind!) Our choices really were 1. Wean him now and go slowly 2. Add in a formula feed 3. Add in an expressed feed. We went with weaning as he didnt want more boob feeds if offer he was just so unsettled and his naps were starting to suffer as were his nights! We were up every 3 hours like a newborn :shock:

Day 1 of weaning and he was up most of the day still but only once in the night (7-3.45 and 4-7) Day 2 he slept brilliantly day and night again just up for 15 minutes between 7-7 Day 3 He was up 20 minutes in the night - would have been 10 minutes but after I fed him I stood up to pop him in his cot and stubbed my toe :cry: it unsettled him a bit :dohh: Day 4 today and he went to bed as usual and so far so good.....

Just off to watch Top Gear in Iraq :shock: :happydance: :shock:

Thanks Moggy. Harry has been really bad at nights recently ie the last few weeks. He is waking for a feed every 1-3 hours! I thought it was a growth spurt or teething but it's been going on for a bit long now so I've been getting suspicious. Soo thought it could be either his moses basket or need for weening. Giving them both a go! We're taking it very slowly with the weening. I've been making the baby rice quite watery to start off with and then plan to thicken it up. Do you know how thick it should be?

Pip I had one for R, he loved it, was just big enough to use for overnight stays at his dads, also was great on holiday as filled it with toys and snacks for the plane and pulled him around the airport to amuse him!

Thanks Moggy xxxxx

Girls at Waterbabies were all saying babies are more unsettled than ever, guess the 4 month sleep regression thing is true!!! I've been quite lucky with K, touch wood, the extra bottle has made a difference and he's sleeping through again just waking early, but I think it's probably cos he's not bf x

Moggy, I know the Gruffalo one is cute, isn't it? Did anyone watch the Gruffalo yesterday? OH Sky+'ed it for us as a surprise while I was in bed and S sleeping in the sling with OH. :cloud9:

Pip I had one for R, he loved it, was just big enough to use for overnight stays at his dads, also was great on holiday as filled it with toys and snacks for the plane and pulled him around the airport to amuse him!

I have seen kids with them at the airport before and always thought they looked adorable, but wasn't sure how practical they were.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature...3_grlink_2?ie=UTF8&plgroup=2&docId=1000478103
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature...3_grlink_1?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000478103

baby bargains til midnight including trunkis! Up to 70% off...

Thanks Moggy. Harry has been really bad at nights recently ie the last few weeks. He is waking for a feed every 1-3 hours! I thought it was a growth spurt or teething but it's been going on for a bit long now so I've been getting suspicious. Soo thought it could be either his moses basket or need for weening. Giving them both a go! We're taking it very slowly with the weening. I've been making the baby rice quite watery to start off with and then plan to thicken it up. Do you know how thick it should be?

Go for a thick yoghurt consistency I would say as the more you stir it as you feed bubs the runnier it gets! Would definitely recommend a bit of pureed pear in it as they will go for the flavour as breastmilk is naturally quite sweet too so pear just is nice flavour. Or if you want to try veggies first use butternut squash puree

Pip The Gruffalo is fab:thumbup: Also worth recording if you see them in the listings...The Snowman, Father Christmas, Shrek The Halls etc all short and festive

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature...3_grlink_2?ie=UTF8&plgroup=2&docId=1000478103
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature...3_grlink_1?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000478103

baby bargains til midnight including trunkis! Up to 70% off...

I know, that's why I was asking. :winkwink:

ooh thanks for the tip Moggy! I thought the babyrice was getting thinner! lol. Will go by some pears tomorrow I think.

Yas, I agree, I think the 4 month regression think is real, although I think Harry started at 3 months!!

I'm so excited that Harry is in his own room tonight. I so hope it works out as we are loving having space in our room again. We are going to sleep in his room tonight and probably the next few nights (as we have Don's brother and his family staying over so they'll have to use our room), but then we'll be able to have our room back!!

Oh MOGGY! :cry:

I soooo wish I hadn't clicked that link! So much I want- the baby monitor, carseat, bottles and trunki I had already chosen with HUGE reductions but don't get paid till tomorrow, and sale ends at midnight- GUTTED :(

Which trunki do you have your eye on, Yas? I probably leave it this time too, but I have seen them at that price a month or so ago, so I am hoping it will go back down to that price in the future.

The trunki I can do without (would have been put away for next christmas anyway I expect!!!!) but it was this car seat that I really really want: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maxi-Cosi-...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1HFA2GS4AJP4YZTS5E0A

We had it test-fitted in Mothercare a fortnight ago and LOVE it, it spins to face you so when putting them in no faffing, so spins to face the door 90 degrees then spins back. £99 including delivery is a total bargain considering its £210 at Mothercare :(

SO annoying! And i'd ring G to tell him to put it on his credit card for me but I don't want our first post break up conversation to be about money :dohh:

Ahh thanks Ann!!! You're so lovely :friends:

Think I might take buy it from Kia's savings account tonight- eeep- swore i'd never ever touch that money but I can pay it straight back in tomorrow. Hope it's not bad karma to do so but technically the seat is for him so I'm just gonna do it!

I'm sure he won't mind! The offer is still here though if you need it. x

Yas - I am an awful cook but can manage a slow cooker, will get on the case!!!

How exciting LOs are weaning already!!! Dylans weight is still going well so think we are okay for a bit. He did steal and nom a bit of parsnip on Christmas day but generally he is not all that interested :shrug: He is funny with spoons though - when we have given him calpol with his teething struggles recently he takes the spoon off me and feeds it himself lol!

Pip - not got a trunki here but think they look cute :flower:

LOVED the gruffalo we all sat and watched it. Parents just left now - been here since Wednesday but it has been lovely. Had some lovely crimbo pressies and enjoying hubbys unusually long christmas break for the first time ever. We also skyped to Australia on Christmas day and saw my beautiful new niece Zara. She was 8 days old and poor SIL was in the midst of a growth spurt :haha:

Yas - think you are fine to raid the savings for the sake of a day lol - but likewise if ever I can help give me a shout :thumbup:

Big hugs and hello to all :hi: :hugs: back off to enjoy this rare hubby time! :haha:

On the note of weaning I was wondering what high chairs everyone had/was thinking of getting. Are there any to avoid or any recommended?

Hi everyone! Whizzing on here while J is napping!

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, sorry you didn't Yas, I can only echo what the others have already said, time to be a little selfish methinks hun!

I LOVE my secret santa pressie, thank you SS!!! It was a boz full of goodies for the bath from Lush and The Sanctuary, as well as a bath pillow, I'm going to be in heaven! I actually think I might get DH to mind J while he is on his break this afternoon just so that I can have a scrummy bath!

Trunki - ny nephews have them and adore them, they take them everywhere, even when they're just going to the airport to pick up my sister they take them with them! (And they do ride on them lots, which saves people's backs - they won't go in buggies anymore.

High-chair - I'm going to splash out on a Stokke one, my parent's have them at their house for my nephews and they have lasted SO well, one is 5 years old and you couldn't tell at all, even us grown-ups sit on them or use them as a step to get into high cupboards, I really think you get what you pay for in terms of quality, they're solid and go right from weaning to proper chairs for when they're older.

Ann - DH absolutely adores his golf marker, he was so chuffed, but is terrified of losing it!! I'm not sure if he'll dare put it on the ground!!

Must dash, J crying.... Hi everyone else! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->