Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

I'm so jealous of you ladies!!! Just found the cutest thing online and as far as I can tell it's only sold in the UK! :-( It's the Winnie the Pooh Dreamtime Light Show so cool!!!

We've been having so much trouble with P...she's soooo cranky...refuses to sleep. I can usually get her to nap 1 nap in the morning in her swing but she just naps on me in the afternoon...if I try to put her down she wakes up and screams...and I am certainly not going to start holding her again for her naps....that was a newborn thing to me! She's even worst with going to bed at night...if it's not just right she screams and cries...last night she has us up from 4-6 screaming. Ugh!!! I don't know what to do with this kid anymore!!!

Sorry for the rant. :-(

xo

Sorry to hear about P's sleeping troubles. Our situation with S is that he will only fall asleep in the sling now. :dohh:

S had his last set of injections today. He was doing okay as always, even smiling at the nurse after, but three was just a bit much even for him. He is now sleeping in the sling.

And Brig, no need to apologise for the rant. That's what we are here for. :hugs:

Claire - will def watch him with calpol as he started smiling when we used to give him infacol too, lol!!!

Ann - I think all babies are so different, some babies even wean later I've known a few that just haven't been interested til nearer to 7 months so I guess the guidelines are just that! With all the things even a day or so can make a difference between things can't it, like not sitting up to sitting up, so perhaps just keep having a go and going back to it if he's not bothered yet. Dylan has now started being interested in food more, and looking intent while we eat, so no more takeaways for us as he was reaching for my kfc and he isn't having that :haha:

Pip - I keep feeling broody and your pg test pic just reminded me lol. No way ready for another though :haha:

Brig - we have what I think may be the older version of that pooh lightshow. Did you want one? I wonder what it would be to post one to you? :shrug:

We have been inundated with surprise guests here, busy busy busy :dohh:

Sorry to hear about P's sleeping troubles. Our situation with S is that he will only fall asleep in the sling now. :dohh:

S had his last set of injections today. He was doing okay as always, even smiling at the nurse after, but three was just a bit much even for him. He is now sleeping in the sling.

Awwwe! Poor S:hugs:

So tell me...how do you get him transfered to his bed if he falls asleep in the sling? P has no trouble falling asleep on me or in a sling or even in bed with me...it's when she's on her own...UGH!! and when I try to transfer her she usually wakes up. Most of the time she's good for one nap...but even the one nap is crap today! Crying after only 30 minutes in her swing....:brat:

So tell me...how do you get him transfered to his bed if he falls asleep in the sling?

Well, I need to wait long enough for him to be proper sleeping, usually about 30 minutes. I then take him out of the sling onto our bed, which usually wakes him up a little and he stretches, at which time I quickly jump into the bed and give him a little feed and most times *touching wood here* he falls back asleep and can then after a few more minutes be put into his own bed. That's the theory anyway. :winkwink:

Sounds like our nighttime ritual minus the sling.... *sigh* when will these babies sleep right?? lol

Sounds like our nighttime ritual minus the sling.... *sigh* when will these babies sleep right?? lol

:coffee: I would like to know this too lol

I am convinced D was up every 5 mins last night..........but was too tired to look at the clock and see :haha:

Do you reckon it could be teething Brig? Harry suddenly seems to be back to his old lovely sell and I reckon it's because his tooth broke through a few days ago. It's such a relief! He is no means perfect with sleep but he was even worse than normal and very clingy.

Harry has stopped sleeping that well in his swing so we are now trying to get him to fall asleep on me and then transfer him. He normally wakes a few times at least but each time I feed him and pop him back again when he's asleep.

Lydia, thanks so much for the kind words on our jewellery FB page! :hugs:
xxx

Do you reckon it could be teething Brig? Harry suddenly seems to be back to his old lovely sell and I reckon it's because his tooth broke through a few days ago. It's such a relief! He is no means perfect with sleep but he was even worse than normal and very clingy.

Harry has stopped sleeping that well in his swing so we are now trying to get him to fall asleep on me and then transfer him. He normally wakes a few times at least but each time I feed him and pop him back again when he's asleep.

Lydia, thanks so much for the kind words on our jewellery FB page! :hugs:
xxx

Well I keep having a look at her gums and they seem a little whitish on the bottom...but no sign of a tooth :-( This is so depressing...I keep telling Nathan "I didn't sign up to mother a baby that cried all the time" :cry: Ugh! She is finally asleep in her swing....I think we need to develop a schedule for her and try to stick to it...I'm reading "The baby whisperer" by Tracy Hogg (she's from the UK) and that's what she suggests...I'll keep reading when I can and see if we can figure this out.

Brig, The Baby Whisperer is great, I hope it helps- I loosely used E.A.S.Y when he was younger.

Don't give up love- with these babies EVERYTHING is just a phase, it's so hard but keep going, you're doing so well xxxx

For the record, Kia is a relatively high needs baby. I'm so lucky that he sleeps so well, because it gives me time to regroup. When he's awake though he is very demanding- always needs to be held, cries a LOT, hates sitting still for more than a minute. It's easier for me to cope though because i'm not breastfeeding anymore and also because I can rely on his naps.

Brig, The Baby Whisperer is great, I hope it helps- I loosely used E.A.S.Y when he was younger.

Don't give up love- with these babies EVERYTHING is just a phase, it's so hard but keep going, you're doing so well xxxx

For the record, Kia is a relatively high needs baby. I'm so lucky that he sleeps so well, because it gives me time to regroup. When he's awake though he is very demanding- always needs to be held, cries a LOT, hates sitting still for more than a minute. It's easier for me to cope though because i'm not breastfeeding anymore and also because I can rely on his naps.

This sounds alot like P!! If we go out and there's a lot going on she's entertained and a sweetheart...we come home and she screams and cries and needs to be bounced and held.... Sometimes she's so nice and goes right to sleep in her swing and then before bed on nathan and she's easily transfered to her bed...and then goes right back to bed after night feeds...but lately....UGH!

https://www.askdrsears.com/html/5/t050400.asp

High needs babies are bloody hard work :hugs: but on the plus side usually turn out to be relative calm chilled toddlers in my experience!!! xxx

https://www.askdrsears.com/html/5/t050400.asp

High needs babies are bloody hard work :hugs: but on the plus side usually turn out to be relative calm chilled toddlers in my experience!!! xxx

But you're always so positive when it comes to K...I feel like such a grump.:blush:

You're not a grump! And I moan like a good 'un!!! :hugs: :hug: :hugs:

Like I said, I know how fortunate that I am that he's a good sleeper, I don't know how on earth I'd cope without that. Also, I've done all this before with Rory- I felt a lot more "lost at sea" when we had him. Every night I get to recollect my thoughts, sit down for an hour on the internet, do the housework and bottles etc. If I didn't get to do that, i'd probably give up! Plus, not breastfeeding means I feel a lot less trapped- if things get too much I can always ask someone else to feed him- a freedom you don't have.

Honestly Brig, look how smiley she is, she's just a baby that wants her mamas arms and snuggles and attention because she loves you! Thats what I tell myself about K. You're doing GREAT, Mama xxx

You're not a grump! And I moan like a good 'un!!! :hugs: :hug: :hugs:

Like I said, I know how fortunate that I am that he's a good sleeper, I don't know how on earth I'd cope without that. Also, I've done all this before with Rory- I felt a lot more "lost at sea" when we had him. Every night I get to recollect my thoughts, sit down for an hour on the internet, do the housework and bottles etc. If I didn't get to do that, i'd probably give up! Plus, not breastfeeding means I feel a lot less trapped- if things get too much I can always ask someone else to feed him- a freedom you don't have.

Honestly Brig, look how smiley she is, she's just a baby that wants her mamas arms and snuggles and attention because she loves you! Thats what I tell myself about K. You're doing GREAT, Mama xxx

Thank you! That means a lot:hugs: She is smiley a lot...but it's on or off for her...no middle ground. I read the article...she is SOOOO a high-needs baby!! So the question is....what do we do with them!?? :haha: How do you get them to self-sooth...go to sleep in the crib instead of in our arms etc...

How old is Rory anyway? This is the LO you have from a previous relationship right??

xo

Yes, he's 3 in Jan :)

You persevere! I think changing your expectations/understanding is really important when it comes to accepting your life. It has changed SO much in the past six months, it's no wonder you're feeling so wtf!!! Congratulate yourself. Give yourself time off. Find a routine that works for you, and stick to it. Accept new thinking. It sounds cheesy and it sounds obvious, but I had a moment when K was a few weeks old where I wanted to give up, and my friend rang me and said "you HAVE to love him for who he is, not who you want him to be. That's what makes you a good mother" and it's stuck with me.

When he's screaming.. and driving me bananas... and wont be put down... I just remind myself over and over "he loves me and just wants to be with me".

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->