Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Yes, he's 3 in Jan :)

You persevere! I think changing your expectations/understanding is really important when it comes to accepting your life. It has changed SO much in the past six months, it's no wonder you're feeling so wtf!!! Congratulate yourself. Give yourself time off. Find a routine that works for you, and stick to it. Accept new thinking. It sounds cheesy and it sounds obvious, but I had a moment when K was a few weeks old where I wanted to give up, and my friend rang me and said "you HAVE to love him for who he is, not who you want him to be. That's what makes you a good mother" and it's stuck with me.

When he's screaming.. and driving me bananas... and wont be put down... I just remind myself over and over "he loves me and just wants to be with me".

xxxxxx

:cry: Thank you :hugs:

You are doing GREAT. If you weren't, she wouldn't be so happy and smiley would she? :friends: xxxx

Brig - funny you should say you didn't sign up for it lol - I always tell hubby I didn't order a baby with a broken sleep button :haha:

The link Yas put up about high needs babies - well, I love Dr Sears. Don't get me wrong - Baby Whisperer and her EASY routine sounds like a dream, and we could keep to that order as in Eat / Activity / Sleep but Dylan just would not spread the feeds to 3 or 4 hours and she seemed to insist on that for the routine lol. THEN I moved onto Elizabeth Pantleys "No Cry Sleep Solution" which was my favourite, as she even had ideas of how to help when cosleeping and breastfeeding, so a much softer approach. Her stuff seems to work well. One of the ladies at my BF group has in a week improved their sleep a lot and got her baby into the cot using her suggestions. I decided that I am happy plodding along at the minute but I finally asked my mum for the Fussy Baby book, by Dr Sears at Christmas, and it's lovely. I think Yas is right - changing your perceptions is important. Now I don't expect sleep etc anything I get is a bonus and I am much happier lol.

Dylan also requires A LOT of entertaining - he is happy if we are out and about or doing something but seems to need a lot of stimulation - as you say, there is no middle ground he is happy or grumpy lol.

Friends arrived so going to dash but you are doing great (we are all doing great I'm sure :haha:) and if our babies had words yet they would surely tell us :hugs: :hugs:

^^ I 2nd Yas's comment. :hugs::hugs:

You are a fab mummy hun :thumbup: these babies/kids are hard work at times..and other times they suprise us and make things easy ...its the nature of the job even though its heartbreaking at times:shrug:

Xxx

Yes, he's 3 in Jan :)

You persevere! I think changing your expectations/understanding is really important when it comes to accepting your life. It has changed SO much in the past six months, it's no wonder you're feeling so wtf!!! Congratulate yourself. Give yourself time off. Find a routine that works for you, and stick to it. Accept new thinking. It sounds cheesy and it sounds obvious, but I had a moment when K was a few weeks old where I wanted to give up, and my friend rang me and said "you HAVE to love him for who he is, not who you want him to be. That's what makes you a good mother" and it's stuck with me.

When he's screaming.. and driving me bananas... and wont be put down... I just remind myself over and over "he loves me and just wants to be with me".

xxxxxx

:cry: Thank you :hugs:

Thanks for this Yas...its a great motto.. Defo would have helped me in the past:hugs:

Xx

I think Yas has put it perfectly. I know it's only natural to question yourself when things aren't going so well but have faith in yourself. You are a great Mum. P is probably just going through a tough time of growing or teething. It should pass soon. X

infant toddler rocker on amazon deal today...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Pri...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1RHKBGDJ7YK2P4P6GJNH

infant toddler rocker on amazon deal today...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Pri...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1RHKBGDJ7YK2P4P6GJNH

It was £29.99 a few days ago. :wacko: I thought you all had one, that's why I didn't say anything.

I'm looking for some navy or other dark coloured sleepsuits. Any ideas anyone? Preferably plain-ish.

Whilst looking for them, I found some bundlers. Is anyone of you using them?

Moggy, we just had a present for S from Daddy delivered - a Skwish. S is already playing with it and seems to love it. Thanks for the recommendation. :thumbup:

Hi everyone!

I had a lovely bath the other day, thank you SS!!! (With many more lovely baths to come!). My bath bomb was pink and was full of teeny little hearts that floated around!

Wise words Yas, I hope P gets settled soon Brig.

I'm having a nightmare here, tenants texted at 10pm last night to say that hot water wasn't working and that the drainage wasn't either, "it has been funny for the last couple of weeks" - so I manage to get a plumber out there at 9am this morning, who sorts the hot water, unblocks the drains, but the septic tank needs emptying. Plumber says it'll be fine until Tuesday, but tenants are insisting that it needs to be done today. Grr. I can get it done today but with a £100 call out (on top of the emptying cost). I've booked it in for Tuesday (seeing as plumber said it would be ok until then), what do you guys think? I just wish they had told us that it was getting bad rather than leaving it until the BH weekend. Its DH's busiest day of the year today so he's stuck at work and J has just poo'd all over me (5 days worth...). Not a happy bunny here. Sorry for the rant!!

Hi Pip, we've just stopped using bundlers, she doesn't need changing as frequently in the night now. As for navy rompers, there are some navy ones in the Joules sale, not sure what they'll have left but I know on their website and asos they were 1/2 price. I don't think they're completely plain though.

https://www.joules.com/en-GB/2/Baby-Joule-Baby-Boys/c02c02.r16.1 here they are.

Awww man Lydia that sounds shit! (Get it? :lol:) If they've known there's a problem for a few days, i'd just tell them to wait- they've waited to tell you! And total sympathy for the 5 day blowout, that's us every week :sick:

:hug: xxxxxxxxxx

Yup - lots of poop issues going on here!!! (I hadn't actually made the connection until now!!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR BUMPS N FLUSHES :friends:

You guys have been UTTERLY amazing. Thank god for the internetz! And thanks for being so supportive this year, you all have been fab. xxxxxxxx

Moggy, did you see that the Fire Engine Trunki is on offer at Amazon?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trunki-Freddie-Engine-Suitcase-Limited/dp/B00451ATRY/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

https://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2962/2962904xvtpwptb1d.gif

Love all you girls so much!!!

xo

Lydia you have been more than a great Landlord for getting a plumber out on NYE! They will not suffer at all if you make them wait until Tuesday. They are being completely unreasonable when you've done so much already. As well as being a landlord myself, I work for a company that manages luxury flats in London. Our Property Manager always told me not to give an inch otherwise they take the piss. I have found it to be true with our tenants. Either way you have been very good to them so no worries.

Happy New Years ladies. Love you all lots.

..off now to go cough up a lung... :) xx

Happy New Years ladies :hugs:

I could have sworn I posted before in reply to Brig etc but it isn't there? GRR!

At my parents with Dylan, hubby up in the lakes enjoying a late one - I'm in PJs already and looking forward to early night :haha:

You have all been wonderful this year it has been so great to know you. Here's to more years with the babbas.

:hugs:

Happy new year ladies :hugs:

Its been wonderful sharing 2010... Heres to an awsome 2011 for us all...may the bumps&flushes blossom further more :flower:

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->