Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Ann - Glad Harry's better hun:hugs: Ana wasnt so bad just wide awake for an hour or so being noisy :dohh: When you posting the wipes :blush: Can you tell im impatient :haha:

Moggy - Thanks so much for the ready bed suggestion for Jac's naps. Weve been using one for nearly a week now and had him sleep in it everyday....today i told him...'ready for nap in your thomas bed' and he got up and walked in front of me to the spare living room and went straight in it and straight to sleep....was so proud of him :cloud9: weve had days where hes been tetchy but i think down to being over tired.....but hes still slept in it everyday..:thumbup: We can now think of putting Ana in his room and get her to nap in the room more often. Thanks agian :hugs:

Brig - How cute is miss p in the photo :cloud9: Funnily enough...Ana has liked poridge and carrots but the sweet potato she did not like..the face was a picture :haha: Moving on to pear tommorrow.....

Have had pushchair troubles here...which is costing a fortune :cry: will update you tomorrow as im nackered :wacko:

Claire: was just gonna ask if you did in fact start weaning Ana!! So how has it gone so far? does she take to different foods right away? so exciting...but sad at the same time...or babies are growing up!!

Claire great that the readybed is working for you! Tell us about your pushchair woes, i'm buggy obsessed :rofl:

I'm thinking of ordering a Petite Star Zia for G to keep at his house- I wanted a quinny zapp but they don't lay flat and he needs something that folds compact for his car- we can fit the Bugaboo Bee in his boot but not a maclaren cos they're too long if that makes sense? I resent buying him a buggy (MASSIVELY, tight ******* he is) but it means I can just take K to his across London on Sunday mornings bus/tube/tube/bus in the sling instead of taking the Bug, so it's worth it for that alone.

Weaning going verrrrrry slowly here! Loving our new highchair which is so quick to clean. Doing one thing a day, he's not all that interested, today is day 3- first was banana which made him gag (and terrified me), yesterday was sweet potato which he just wouldn't pick up or put in his mouth lol (think i'll leave the skin on next time to make it easier to pick up) and today was avacado and a bit of pitta bread which he loooooooved! He nommed the avacado to death and keep getting frustrated when it went mushy and slid out of his hands, so I mushed it onto a strip of pitta bread and let him eat that. Success!

He thinks it's all really funny and mostly just laughs at me :cloud9:

Pip just wondered if you'd had a chance to read the book yet? A mum at my waterbabies was hoping to borrow it when you've finished :flower:

Zia feels bit flimsy with heavier child in, Id go for the new zapp xtra if I were you.....

https://www.quinny.com/gb-en/strollers/quick-use/Zapp-Xtra

or how about cosatto tribo? Similar to zia but feels stronger... I like the yo! myself, had one for Mogster under another badge but tribo very similar and folds smaller for boot...

https://www.bambinodirect.co.uk/Cos...ith_Free_Raincover_and_Li_822-232/version.asp

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-CHILDS-C..._BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item483e43d665

Thanks Moggy! The Zapp Extra looks amazing but I'm not paying £230 for Garry!!! The Zia's you can get for £90 and I resent paying that as it is, but it'll shut him up and stop him expecting me to lug my Bugaboo across London so it's worth the money for that alone.

Don't even get me fricking started on the rows we've had about him buying a new bigger car seat for his car... *blood boils*

Oooh i like it, especially the ebay link for 90! THANKS Moggy! you are pushchair champion :rofl:

Hi everyone! I hope you're all well, Ann, I hope you and H are feeling better.

Cant chat as feeding. Having serious issues with feeding/sleeping - gone suddenly from sleeping from 11pm to 7/8am to waking for a feed every 2 hours or less... She goes straight back down thank goodness, but is definitely hungry.

Also running out of things to do/play with her when we're stuck indoors in the afternoon/early evening, its really getting me down that I can't entertain my own baby. Ideas gratefully received!

Hi ladies :hi:

Weaning started slowly here too - he is 22 weeks but has started attacking us when food is involved - literally :dohh: wanted to wait as long as we could for BLW.

He has so far had (not all at the same time :haha:) some banana, cucumber, baby corn, and watermelon (mango was a bit too slippy :haha:). The banana he stole from nanna :haha: the cucumber and baby corn seemed to be successful as he nommed them to death :haha:

Can't believe our babies are growing up :cry:

Finally got Dylans last jabs in yesterday - was awful, much crying a lot at the night, got a fairly good sleep sponsored by calpol but he was up at about 11 crying forever :cry:

Hi everyone! I hope you're all well, Ann, I hope you and H are feeling better.

Cant chat as feeding. Having serious issues with feeding/sleeping - gone suddenly from sleeping from 11pm to 7/8am to waking for a feed every 2 hours or less... She goes straight back down thank goodness, but is definitely hungry.

Also running out of things to do/play with her when we're stuck indoors in the afternoon/early evening, its really getting me down that I can't entertain my own baby. Ideas gratefully received!

Just spent 10mins making different noises with my mouth (kisses, raspberries etc) which seems to have brought on the giggles in Dyl :thumbup:

Ladies - I want to take the talk back to the level of......poo :coffee:

Weaning and poo............ what happens? Dyl has done a horrific poo just now, and one yest, he used to just do two a week lol. They are also (sorry TMI) thicker............:coffee:

Lydia - :hugs: Could it be a growth spurt??

Lia - Poos are different when it comes to weaning....sometimes the tummies react differently to different stuff...we sometimes have wetter dirty nappies which can happen twice daily instead of the normal 1 (general with porridge for us)...or we can get the coloured (carrot :haha:) more solid formed poos...sorry for the details...:blush: If you're anyway worried though get in touch with HV.

Moggy - Or what i like to call it.....buggy addict or buggy whore :haha:

x

thicker? definitely!

TMI Alert but we have always found Jack likes to poop with no nappy so now we have to watch him birth a poo :dohh:

Lydia have you tried a door bouncer? Jack loves his :) Not sure about evening ideas as we have boys in bed by 7.30 latest :shock: Last night they both slept very well Mogster til 6.45 and Jack til 6am!!! :shock: :shock: No night feed :shock:

Tried Jack in the garden swing on monday, had the baby swing seat on and he loved it, have some pics of both boys on their swings side by side buty camera dead so will add later, probs to FB as cant figure how to resize to get em on here. Jack stayed in it so long he fell asleep :dohh:

:hugs: to all, off to wash some rather orange mushed on bibs!

growth spurt at 4 months is the worst cos not only are their bodies growing but their little brains are working flat out on movement and other skills add in the sleep regression element and its tough all around. Big snuggles and silly noises got us through :) And extra feeding :hissy:

Brig - Ana doesnt take to some foods straight away.....she was ok'ish with the baby rice as it was bland....loved carrot and the banana porridge....but hated the sweet potato..and the pear didnt go down too good today either :shrug: So im thinking she isnt taking too well to the mega sweet foods :shrug: So may have to be a bit more clever somehow Lol.
So back to veg tomorrow and see how she is....Parsnip.....if shw likes the food she guzzles it down and the mouth stays open like a little bird waiting for food :haha:

Yas - Couldnt G pay for the buggy? Or did he contribute towards the Bee? I am also a buggy addict or buugy whore as i like to call it :haha:

Well here are my woes.....i actually love my britax bdual but for one thing....the straps are way too short :dohh: Its been getting tighter and tighter on Jac...and with a winter coat which isnt all that thick....the straps are a struggle to close....with a footmuff its damn near impossible. :nope:

I contacted britax before xmas asking for a solution as my boy is only above average size and 20 months old(he was a big baby but levelled out now)....they came back immediately with a solution they had verified...basically to use clippasafe harness instead and they would send me some.
It didnt dawn on me till the other day that they meant the reigns you buy...but use the adapters...i had some so gave it a go.....it was crap :growlmad:

Jac slides down the seat and i have to pull him back up every few minutes ( as its now 2 point not 5 point safety harness)....its a pain to get him in and out....and even at the tightest point on the straps he can wiggle about and hang out of the pram and get upset. So i sent britax an email and theyve not come back to me.....doubt they will. Have thought of phoning them but i know i wont get a viable solution and they will not give me the newer version of the pram which is due to come out and i think fixes the issue.

So yesterday we ordered a P&T Explorer....i still have my gripes about them but i know the straps are long enough.....only thing is i cant use it as a travel system as it doesnt take the britax...but thats no big deal now that Ana is over 4 months old anyway. We cant really afford it...but the scenario were in is getting me down and i cant be bothered to get out of the house with the britax because of the hassle when hubby is in work...so paid by CC and paying some off the end of the month when we get works bonus...and then sell it on to some poor unsuspecting soul :blush:which i dont think ill get much for...but i can also sell the buzz which we still have and should get around £150 or so for that.

Oh...and its actually not easy getting Ana in it either with a fleece coat and footmuff....so getting rid is the only option.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->