Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Lydia is she in your room still?

Yup... I'm not sure what to do, having her in our room means its so much easier for me because I can just feed her while I'm in bed and then I put her back down awake and she goes straight to sleep again, I don't think I want to mess that up iykwim? I worry that if we put her in her own room she'll stop self-settling etc...:wacko:

Pip - Its ok ...i was just stupid :wacko:

Yas - Well done you :happydance::happydance:

Moggy - Much success/result on the nappy front?

Ann - Love the new avatar pic:cloud9: need to change mine next few days too....

Lydia - Maybe putting her in her own room is the answer :shrug: I cant imagine you having to wake/feed more often if ur doing it every 2/3 hrs anyway. And....if she's sleeping in the same bad....changing the room shouldnt (not always) make a difference....and its only how many extra steps to put her down. Ive read a lot of mothers/babies sleep better once they move from your room.. it certainly helped us when Jac went to his room at 5 months (that move was sooner than planned as i needed Jac to nap in cot but hubby was working night shifts). Im not trying to be pushy hun...just thinking it may help and maybe worth a try if nothing else has worked:hugs:

Ana is still with us but she'll be moving out (bedroom not house :haha:) during the next week. I found the same with Jac... at this age that sometimes she hears us and stirs/wakes...and a lot of the time she wakes us up too with her stiring even though she's not awake. So its for all of us really.....
She sleeps from approx 8am till 6.30 now....used to be later but last week it was 6 am for 3/4 days but we're slowly getting back to normal. im hoping we get there as she'll need to share with Jac and i dont want her to wake him too early...fun times ahead.:wacko:

xx

4+ active fit worked a treat :) He slept through 7-7 with a 15 minute wake feed and resettle, am gonna start him on a third meal once he gets to 6 months then hopefully it will be 7-7....

Jack will stay in our room til we move we have decided depending on how long it looks like taking, the theory is that once OH is away it will be easier for him to be in with me if I have to resettle him. Figure we will be able to make him his own room in the new place so not all bad. I quite like him being in with us :oops: but then he isnt a very noisy sleeper

Any wheel news?

Moggy - That makes sense keeping him with you especially since you're moving. Dont want to unsettle him more than you have to...even though he might not feel it when all is said and done :hugs: Wheel is in the post...recorded delivery.....so its in progress and hopefully should come tomorrow. Hubby doesnt know what the fuss is about but i feel it....it was worse when we got it but he managed to align the tyre a bit better so it feels ok'ish..bearable to me...but i know its there :wacko: I hope this fixes it or it could bo one of the others too.....:dohh:
Glad the 4+ worked :thumbup: Im thinking babydry works better for Ana whereas active fit was better for Jac:shrug: I havent changed a nappy during the night since about 10 weeks old.....so they work for us (we had a few leaks with the Active fit but she didnt complain so found them in the morning). If it aint broke dont fix it :haha:

xx

Lydia, like Claire we found that Harry slept better in his own room. He was waking every two hours so I thought it was worth a try and I've never looked back. Obviously that was just right for us so only do it if you're sure it's what you want. X

Claire, thanks hun. I love my old avatar but it was a tad Christmasy! X

I love the new one, he is such a cutie, reminds me of Mogster as a baby :) :cloud9:

Wow its quiet in here...hello lovelies :)

(i thanked ur post in error..down to sausage fingers on the phone lol)

Xx

Hi everyone! I'm in two minds as to what to do room wise, I had decided that this weekend we'd put her in her own room, but last night she woke up lots, but once, an hour after the last feed, I managed to rock (old tactics!) her cot and she went to sleep without a feed (and then slept for another 3 hours, so I do think its habit rather than real hunger), so I think I'm going to keep her in our room for a little while longer to try and do this more often (I don't feel guilty about the crying at the moment as DH is on holiday so doesn't have to get up in the morning) so that she gets out of the habit of waking up and wanting food, then I think we'll try her in her own room. Claire - it is the same cot (its on wheels), so hopefully it won't upset her too much, its more for my benefit keeping her with us - so I can feed her in my nice warm bed :haha:

Mortified today - she grabbed a skinny chip from my plate and shoved it in her mouth quicker than I could blink :shock: I managed to get it out before she really chomped down thank goodness, but I get a sneaky feeling that it was pretty deliberate trying to eat/copy us eating at least, rather than just a "I'll put everything in my mouth". So plates now have to moved a LONG way away from her hands!! I do think we might have to start her on some rice soon, maybe after her next weigh-in in a couple of weeks.

Since DH is off for the week we decided to try and get her used to her crib for naps...not going so well. I tried to get her down for over an hour and she kept screaming. She would sleep fine on me or in her swing...but I don't want her in those places I want her in her BED! :growlmad: sorry this is really frustrating me...especially since we are now able to put her in her bed around 9:30-10 and she'll only cry a bit and stay in there for a good 10ish hours. Of course she still wakes up once or twice but still.

And yes she still poos on the potty at least once per day. Usually she starts tooting and grunting during breakfast so off to the potty we go...and then same for lunch... the other poos of the day are more tricky! lol

UGH!!!! Nathan needs me...I'm sorry I wasn't able to catch up properly

xo

Hi all! Just a quicky as just got back from a weekend at the in-laws and am very sleep deprived after sleeping in a room with Harry on a rapidly deflating blow-up mattress!

Hope you are all well. Harry seems to have suddenly found his voice and is also trying desperately to roll from back to front as well as crawl! All good!

Hope you are all doing well. xxx

Ann - hope you're recovering from the weekend! J has re-found her voice after her cold and loves the sound of it... She chats non-stop. You should have heard her in the church at the wedding rehearsal at the weekend, she loved the echoey acoustics!!

Brig - how is it going with the bed napping? I hope you're making progress hun. The potty stuff is amazing, I wish we could read J as to when she's having one! We had a corker shopping in M&S last week, it reached her socks and neck. Lovely :sick:

Update on the sleeping, the rocking back to sleep thing isn't really happening, last night I was up no less than 8 times.... Think we'll get this busy week over and done with and then try her in her own room. I'm like a zombie today!

Hope everyone else is well :flower:

Awwwe Lydia! I hear ya:hugs:
Peyton had started doing 5-7 hour stretches and now we are back to waking every 3ish hours:dohh:
The napping in her crib still isn't great but we have made a little progress...going from 12 minutes sleeping in there to 28 minutes yesterday...I'll keep trying a bit every day.
The getting her out of the swaddle is hell as well. At first I took her out "cold turkey" but that didn't work...she kept waking herself all night. so now she is back in the swaddle and I will loosen it a little every night until she's not really swaddled anymore. Hope it works!!

Hope everyone is doing well. DH is back to work today after a week off so I'm a bit bummed. The winter is getting to me...it's so cold lately (easily -30 with the wind) and so much snow. ugh!

xo

Brig will P sleep in a smaller sleeping bag? We have a couple in the same size yet all are different sized iykwim? The snugger fit ones mean he sleeps better.

We found the sleeping deteriorating was the first indicator Jack might need more than BF but tbh just rice or veg or fruit didnt help much, it was when we introduced chicken it started to improve, he is sleeping as well as ever again now on two meals and his usual BFs, we will introduce the third meal once he is past 6 months and then introduce red meat to his diet.

Good news we got an offer on our house, they say it is an opening offer and it is £25k under the asking price but OH is counter-offering tomorrow so hopefully we will be sstc soon and ready to offer on a house we like :)

Good news we got an offer on our house, they say it is an opening offer and it is £25k under the asking price but OH is counter-offering tomorrow so hopefully we will be sstc soon and ready to offer on a house we like :)
Whoop!!!!

Oh and Brig - agree with Moggy, J loves her sleeping bag - I made the transition by putting her in the bag and then tightly tucking a sheet over her to make her more secure, once she was used to the bag she then didn't need the sheet.

-30. Oh. My. Goodness. Brrrrrr!!! We've got our Canadian family/friends over this week coming for the wedding, its going to feel positively balmy here to them!! (They're coming armed with Chocolate Turtles, Kraft Dinner and Lucky Charms for me, mmmmm nom nom!)

If you're getting up to 28 mins then at least you're making progress, thats good. Hopefully it won't be too long before you get a proper nap in there from her.

MOGGY- Rose and Rebellion are selling r+rs on facebook for £55 each x

Moggy that's great news!!

Did your LOs have stomach issues when you started weening? I'm a little worried as Harry seems to be a bit more sick than normal. x

K had a sickly few days but adjusted really quickly. If you think it's quite bad puke, you may have to do the 4 day rule thing (introduce one food for four days, if no reaction introduce another) and so on. x

It's not too bad, just more than normal. I'm just sticking to baby porridge with banana in the morning and a bit of sweet potato in the evening. Do you think that's ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->