Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

*grins* the more advice the better!!! Ta :D

*also grinning* lol

Go with ur gut instinct.. If hes pretty comfortable munching away try cheese strips or cheese on toast..i think the toast option made me more comfortable with jac as he was happy with toast and would suck on it too.
Remember dont give up on something if it doesnt work 1st time... Try again and he/she will be fine :thumbup:
Believe me..i find it scarier this time ..dont know why :dohh:

Xx

I'm still incredibly nervous... poor boy, I try to be subtle and smile and play while he eats but my heart is in my throat the whole time :blush: wasn't sure what the rules on dairy were... Garry gave him ice cream today and :dohh:

Dairy is ok after 6 months.. There are other rules but i ignored most :blush: i did follow no honey till 1. You need to be more careful if allergies are common in you/ familly.
Just remember they have the gag reflex so will spit/ throw up something they dont like. Youll get there...:hugs:

Xx

How old is your baby/babies now?
Sam is 3 years old (43 months)
Jack is 6 months old tomorrow

Nicknames:
Sam: Mogster, Sausage, Big Bruv, Sideways Sammy Superstar Number Zero (dont ask!)
Jack: Moglet, Jackster, Little Bruv, Baby Boy

Current weight/clothes size:
Mogster is wearing 2-3/3-4/4-5 depending on the shop or body part it covers
Jackster is wearing 6-9 and 9-12 with a few 3-6 still

Weaning:
Mogster: He eats what we eat, in fact he eats more different things than I do!
Jack is on 2 meals a day and has mastered white meat, veg, fruit but yet to reach dairy (other than the odd petit filous) as not quite old enough, he still BF as well at least 5 in 24 hours although he seems to be reducing his night feed so that will soon go...

Fave food:
Mogster: Breaded chicken breast strips with baked beans and flatbread
Jackster: Chicken casserole or fruit

Baby clubs/groups etc:
Sam is in nursery school classes for 3 hours every morning, he loves it and it has been the making of him. He also goes to Dribblers football school and the odd Tumbletots class - here the 3+ is drop in pay as you go :)
Jack goes to the odd group but we have to fit in with school drop off and collection so not as many as Mogster got, we like the local Methodist Church playgroup and we do some through surestart - messy play and clap n sing....

Fave toy:
Mogster: Cars, planes
Jackster: Skwish, links, whoosit

Latest achievements:
Mogster has little ones every day as he gets more words, mannerisms etc He can write his name :cloud9: and count to 23 and say most of the alphabet in the right order
Jack can sit, roll, stick his tongue out, blow bubbles, hold a spoon and get it to his mouth, not with food on though :dohh: He has the best smile though and just loves to be with his big brother

Cutest thing they do
Both of them its the bathtimes where they push the boats back and forth, Jack sinks it and Mogster rights it and sends it back, they just giggle and giggle and we even get the odd full on belly laugh from Jackster too while Mogster shouts and squeals and tells Jack what to do :rofl:

Do they look like you, or your partner?
Mogster looks more like Daddy
Jackster looks more like me
They both got each of our best bits I think, theyre both gorgeous handsome sunny little boys :happydance:

What do you love the most about being a mummy:
Every day although it is hard, they just look at me and smile and I melt and feel so lucky

Your top 3 baby products that you could not have been without:
Linkadoo links
Rocker/bouncing chair
Bed blocks

(also hop n pop, books, mega bloks bloks/cars/boats, little tikes garden toys in general, chicco polly highchair, tommee tippee ultimate baby monitor, boots soft bibs, sleeve bibs, skwish, whoosit, elc gym and mat, blooming marvellous foam floor tiles, aquapod bath seat, mummys face, daddys nose, loola buggy, P&T, be easier to say what I would avoid in hindsight!)

How is your partner liking fatherhood?
He is a natural and he loves it, bathtime is predominantly his domain and if he is here he does Mogsters bedtime story

What do you enjoy the least?
The smell of the nappy bin and the broken sleep and the amount of washing!!!

Hi Ladies!!
Sorry I have been MIA as well. Hubby had a week off and then last week was my birthday and we've had a lot going on! Time for a good catch up!

Moggy: YAY!!! on selling the house! I hope the move is a smooth one!:hugs: and no Jack isn't the only baby not in his room...Peyton is still in our room as well.

Lydia: So putting J in her own room has really helped!?? We are still having crap sleep here. But it's weird... I noticed that when Nathan and I go to bed she only sleeps for about another 2-3 hours tops and then wakes up...For example she goes to bed around 9:30 in her bed (still in our room) and we go to bed around 11:30 and she wakes up 2-3 hours after that. Saturday we were out late visiting friends and came home at like 1 am and then Nathan and I stayed up to watch movies and only went to bed around 4am and Peyton woke up at 7:15 the first time that night...I'm wondering if it's us disturbing her??

Yas: Fantastic idea!! I can't wait to read what everyone writes!! btw... I LOVE the aquapod thing in your picture.. I'm now on ebay UK cause I can't get it in Canada...not sure if anyone will want to ship to Canada though. I sooo want one for Peyton... our bath seat really isn't great for her anymore.

Claire! So happy that Ana rolled over!! Peyton is sooo close. She reaches her little arm towards a toy and turns to her side but hasn't quite figured out what to do with her legs to flip around. And Peyton will sit on her own for a few moments but is still wobbly and she gets excited and throws herself back so I really have to watch her.:haha:

Ann: I can't believe Harry has teeth already!! I keep checking P's gums but nothing yet. In a way I can't wait...but in another way I will miss her toothless grins...and fear the safety of my nipples! :haha:

OK as far as finger food...Claire said Ana has started and P is 4 days older so I imagine I can give her finger foods? So far she has those cookies that melt in babies mouth, cereal, sweet potatoes, green beans, green peas, apples, pears, squash, avocado but all in puree form and bananas I mash so a little chunky. What kind of finger foods can I give? I am so scared of her choking on something. :wacko:

As for babies...one may be it for us...And IF...big IF we have another baby it won't be for 2-3 years. I want Peyton potty trained and talking well enough before having another baby.

Ok...now I will read all the responses to the quiz and write up my answers!

xo

Awwwe! I love all the answers to the quiz so far!! Ok here I go!

How old is your baby/babies now? 5.5 months

Nicknames: Pay-Pay, Pee-Pee, Princess PP, PP Cabana (instead of Coco cabana-it's a song lol)

Current weight/clothes size: Last Thur she was 12lbs 11oz, she still wears a lot of 0-3 months (getting snug though) and a lot of the 3-6 months is starting to fit as well.

Weaning?: Started DEcember 19 so 7 weeks but the first 2 weeks she wasn't ready we just kept trying cause the Dr. suggested we start early weaning to fatten her up. lol December 31 is when she really started chowing down!

Fave food: Sweet potatoes, bananas aren't far behind!

Baby clubs/groups etc: We've done the infant massage classes, we are waiting for a call to start infant signing

Fave toy: jumperoo and a set of plastic keys

Latest achievements: Can sit for a few moments unassisted, is very close to rolling from back to front. Also we have started elemination communication and she does most of her poops on the potty!

Cutest thing they do: When she's in someones arms she'll giggle and turn to hide her face if someone plays with her. she acts shy and it's adorable!

Do they look like you, or your partner? When she was born she was like my twin when I was a baby, as she gets older she looks like both of us...she looks like DH especially when she smiles.

What do you love the most about being a mummy: How I am completely and madly in love with this little person that I have only known for 5.5 months.

Your top 3 baby products that you could not have been without: jumperoo, swing, bumboo seat, ocean wonder bouncer...I could go on. At each stage something different really helped us.

How is your partner liking fatherhood? Nathan is on cloud 9, he was ready to be a dad before I was to be a mom. He is so good with her...cloth nappies, weaning, bathtime, bedtime and all. She's a daddy's girl for sure :)

What do you enjoy the least? Whenever I think that something bad could happen to her I feel complete and utter panic. Like pulse racing, etc... I cannot picture this world without my baby girl.

Awwwe! thanks Ann! but I'm kinda scared to know how much shipping it would cost. After seeing what it cost you and I to ship gifts at X-mas. I have been looking to see what I can get around here...but there's nothing that seems quite as nice. Oh well...you UK ladies are lucky is all! :)

xo

Hia :flower:

I'm loving the quiz responses...they make me smile and realise how mushy we all are when it comes to our babies :cloud9:

Brig - I think guidelines for finger foods are 6 moths still.....but i start sooner at a slower pace. I did it with Jac and it worked wonders....for the past week ive also used melt in the mouth biscuits...just to get both her and i ready. More for her to get used to holding stuff and putting it near the mouth and to get used to non smooth stuff in the mouth iykwim. They're messy so i'm moving on to toast tomorrow....she can suck on it so should like it :shrug: When the toast starts going down ok i'll start being a bit more adventurous then....
I also have the aquapod and i fitted it today...i think its worth every penny as it makes bath time more relaxing.

How much do they sell on ebay? maybe worth getting a 2nd hand one and then shipping to make it cheaper :shrug:

xx

Hia :flower:

I'm loving the quiz responses...they make me smile and realise how mushy we all are when it comes to our babies :cloud9:

Brig - I think guidelines for finger foods are 6 moths still.....but i start sooner at a slower pace. I did it with Jac and it worked wonders....for the past week ive also used melt in the mouth biscuits...just to get both her and i ready. More for her to get used to holding stuff and putting it near the mouth and to get used to non smooth stuff in the mouth iykwim. They're messy so i'm moving on to toast tomorrow....she can suck on it so should like it :shrug: When the toast starts going down ok i'll start being a bit more adventurous then....
I also have the aquapod and i fitted it today...i think its worth every penny as it makes bath time more relaxing.

How much do they sell on ebay? maybe worth getting a 2nd hand one and then shipping to make it cheaper :shrug:

xx

Thanks claire!

And actually, upon further investigation...I think I might have to take Ann up on her offer if I really want a bath seat or the aquapod...it seems those things have been banned in Canada. :cry: But actually they are quite cheap on ebay...but they are all on ebay UK and most of the listings say pick up only....and since I can't pick up.... :nope: I don't think I'll be able to get one.

Where are they pick up from? x

Ann here is the ebay page...maybe when you get the chance you can have a peek?

https://baby.shop.ebay.co.uk/Baby-B...15&_stpos=P1B+5M9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282&gbr=1

I'd prefer pink...but it doesn't really matter.
xo

I was looking on amazon....
so you cant buy any of these then...similar concept without the bath mat?
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ts&field-keywords=bath+seat&sprefix=bath+seat

xx

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ts&field-keywords=bath+seat&sprefix=bath+seat

xx

It comes from the US and won't ship to Canada:cry: This is so frustrating!

xx

How weird.....Amazon canada doesnt sell baby stuff :dohh:

Dont worry we'll find somehting for you :thumbup:

xx

I woudl say the same but its very very very unlikely that there'll be one to pick up in my area :cry: If i need something i have to pay shipping every time off ebay...nobody sells in north wales :dohh:

I'm lokking for a bounce and spin zebra....either vvvgc or new....and cant find cheaper than £45 new at the moment..and i know they've been on offer for £30 in the past ...will keep on hunting ...

xx

xx

How weird.....Amazon canada doesnt sell baby stuff :dohh:

Dont worry we'll find somehting for you :thumbup:

xx

Thank you Claire! I appreciate the help. Peyton is getting so frustrated in the tub. Right now we have a comfort bather...but she hates that she has to lay down all the time...we need to prop her up and hold her in a sitting position so she can play. I added a picture of what we got...you'll understand why I need an upgrade.

Attachments

• pTRUCA1-6132379reg.jpg
    pTRUCA1-6132379reg.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g