Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Yep - once he started swiping food, we did. I kept it to fruit / veggies / porridge til about 6 months tho :thumbup: He was probably just over 5 months. My HV doesn't get BLW either yet my friends HV (same TOWN!) actively recommended she look into it as she said its great for BF babies :shrug:

Thanks, I think we'll be doing the same in a couple of weeks perhaps, possibly with some pre-loaded spoons of things at the start too, I gave her a spoon to play with and the correct end went straight into her mouth:haha:, she tried to take my toast this morning when I wasn't looking! :blush: I've been reading SO much different information for the last few weeks that I think I've well and truly confuddled my mind!! It feels like my head is going to explode!

It SO doesn't matter when they start that much... stupid guidelines just confuse people- as if all babies are the same! We all know they're not from our diverse little group as it is :)

Also, did you get the birth-to-five book after you had her? If never mentions the term BLW in there BUT in the weaning section it just says skip purees, go straight to offering them the same food as you around 6 months... so basically BLW anyway!

I think its because I'm a lawyer Yas, I have this inbuilt need to do things 'by the rules'!! Ridiculous really!!

I thought Harry was too young for blw but am now thinking it might be something we try. He will only eat from a spoon if I let him put it in his own mouth and he keeps trying to grab my food. I am terrified of him choking though!

Jack is happily eating all different things in puree form, we are going to start making them thicker and introducing spices etc soon as he is happily nom nomming on finger foods, a few days in and he noms fruit, toast and his fave the breadstick! He has gagged once or twice and tbh it is the same as when Mogster started lumpier food so will keep going with the combi approach as seems to be working wonders for him, he is so much more alert and has even started to drop his late afternoon nap so just morning then lunctime one and bed at just after 7 :happydance:

Lydia go with your instinct, you know her best so reckon you will just know what is right whatever it is called :winkwink:

Love this group its such a support (can I have Harry too, be fab to have three lovely little boys!)

I thought Harry was too young for blw but am now thinking it might be something we try. He will only eat from a spoon if I let him put it in his own mouth and he keeps trying to grab my food. I am terrified of him choking though!

There are a few babies I know (D included) who refuse a spoon near them unless they have hold of it - on the flip side I know at least two babies who refuse to self feed (one is 7 months so going by that birth to five book could be having a go with some finger foods maybe? :shrug:) so I think most babies will let you know how they want to do it lol.

To humour my hubby we had put some soft veggie sticks out for Dylan a week or so before he was ready and he wouldn't touch them lol - yet would chew toys. So if you give him the opportunity he will probably tell you if he's interested!

My friend really wants to puree feed as she is paranoid about making sure LO eats something (her LO is about 6 months now) but her LO just wants finger foods or the spoon herself, so I have suggested she put some fruit purees on toast fingers etc for her to suck :shrug:

With regards to gagging / choking - as long as they are just gagging its fine. It really doesn't bother Dyl, he just carries on. And they say gagging is an important thing for them as they learn to eat, and stops them choking - its hard to sit on my hands sometimes but he always clears it himself!

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380315636212&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Fab nursery flooring, got my parcel of it today and straight away have ordered another lot so can completely cover boys new bedroom floors with it :) Otherwise they would both need rugs etc and this is softer and cheaper and means they can choose their own stuff later if they dont like the hardwood flooring already down. Fab on my knees when playing with them too and finally is as thick as our original blooming marvellous stuff (tried to replicate it with argos stuff but so thin in comparison :nope: )

Hope you all having a good day :hugs:

Ooh thanks Moggy. My friend has that on the floor of her living room and I was thinking what a good idea it is. X

Morning Moggy! How was your weekend?

Harry's third tooth has now broken through although I think the fourth one is now causing him pain. He seems much happier than before though.

Waterbabies was unfortunately a disaster as Harry screamed the entire time. I think something else was going on though as he started before he even went in the water.

I also got my hair cut yesterday which I am really happy with. It's not a massive change but looks much smarter. My hair is so thick so it easily gets out of hand.

Oh and the best news I had this weekend (which has to stay secret on Facebook) is that my big sister, who I make the jewellery with, is pregnant with her 3rd child! I'm so excited! X

oh wow, good weekend for you guys then :happydance:

Im sure H will learn to love his swim lessons :) its hard when theyre so small for them to focus on too much at the same time so if he was cutting his tooth I bet the last thing he wanted was to go swimming, next time he will like it better....

Jack has yet to go swimming, he has been all over the place with Mogster and his activities but not brave enough to take them both on my own and no time to go with just Jack when Mogster is in school as not longer enough to drop off, go, swim etc and then get back to pick Mogster up again....weekends are so busy at the moment that it will have to wait til after the move. He does love to play on his tummy in the bath though so hope he does like it when we go....

Bit bored here, OH away and with Mogster at school and Jack asleep feel I should be cleaning or packing but dont have the oomph to do it :nope: Ordered some more flooring for the boys as realised dnot have quite enough to floor both bedrooms and a play area, their old flooring we plan to use in the garage, cant really reuse in their rooms as faded bits and dented bit from furniture mean wold have wnky words :haha:

Lia how goes your house hunt? Did you put yours on the market? What of the bungalows?

Please help keep me sane ladies :hugs: off to empty the washing machine and do a spot of hoovering once Jack wakes as he can bounce whilst I hoover :)

Morning Moggy and Ann!

Yay to the third tooth but boo to the fourth - hurry up! We start waterbabies on the 28th, I'm really looking forward to it but think J might be the same as Harry...

Moggy - why don't you have a chilled out day and ignore the housework/packing etc, its valentines day after all!! We had a late one last night so I'm having a lazy day today I think!

Not much to report here, we had a nice day yesterday and supper with a friend and then tonight my mum is babysitting J while I go out to dinner with a couple of girls (DH working of course!). The good news is that J has slept at least 5 or 6 hours straight for the last three nights, on Fri night it was nearly 8 hours, so a MASSIVE improvement! Silly thing is that its made me more tired than before!??

We haven't heard from Pip in a while, does anyone know if she's about/ok?

Moggy, did you get the R&R?

gonna try to get littlelife one on ebay....if no joy will persuade OH we can afford R&R, he isnt convince we would use it enough with Mogster as well.....

off to search ebay etc for traveller s2!

Lydia I think Pip is away til the middle of this week - I had a quick message from her about some books so think all is okay :thumbup: my return button is on the blink sorry if this post looks nuts. Moggy - house going on the market this week, in the paper on Friday. The bungalows are fab, we'll be having them, just sorting out prices - the second bungalow which isn't on the market hasn't been valued yet so he's just doing that but we know we can get the pair of them within budget so it's just a case of selling ours eeeeeee!!!! They're coming to take the photos Weds AM so then we're off argh! How is everyone doing? Didn't get on at the weekend because hubby had a friend to stay. They got plastered and I came down to a bloody messy lounge with a baby that hubby wasn't fit to help out with, bit of a mare but he doesn't normally do it!!! Any goss? Dylan doing well with his inhaler and seems to be on the mend again (again!). :hugs:

Hello lovelies.....happy valentines :flower:

Moggy - :hugs::hugs: I know how you feel......especially when hubby is on late shift. When both go to bed I have my tea and relax...i know there are stuff to do but i make it wait :blush: When i go back to work i know i'll have to though...

Ann - Im sure H will love the water.....wait till you think hes more settled in himself :thumbup:

Lia - Exciting news about the house hunt....:thumbup:

Lydia - Great news about the sleep....its strange that i also feel like crap the more i get :haha:

We took both swimming saturday morning too....we hadnt been since before Ana was born so we were well overdue for Jac more than anything. Both loved it :thumbup: Ana was a bit aprehensive to start with but when hubby took over she loved it..he's so much more relaxed about it than me :blush: Trouble is it takes around 2 hours to do a 30-40 mins swim witht he changing of us all both in and out :dohh:

Jac had some new shoes yesterday...been meaning to get them for the past few weeks....and he's gone ps a whole size in 5 months so now a wopping 6.5 already. I begrudge the clarks cost though...but i make sure he has 1 proper sized shoe and then order trainers and stuff elsewhere. oh...he's also got a high instep so we have the wide fitting so virtually no choice in shoe either :wacko:

Hope your all ok
:hugs:
xx

Ann - Huge congrats about your sisters news :happydance::happydance: Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months :hugs:

xx

Lydia, how funny, Harry has also suddenly improved and I've been getting up only once during the night. I also have been feeling more tired because of it!

Claire, so glad Ana liked the swim. Lydia, I think Moggy is right and that Harry just had too much to cope with what with his tooth coming through. I'm sure J will love it.

Lia, the house move sounds very exciting! We are now considering moving!

Moggy, I agree that you should relax today! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->