Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Aww, I hope number 4 makes its appearance quick!!

Wow - we're all buying/selling/moving at the moment, we're putting the house we own (but don't live in anymore) on the market this week. Unfortunately we will have lost money on it (bought at start of 2007, so straight before the crash), so it will cost us quite a bit to sell, but financially it makes no sense to keep it really. Such a shame.

Hope you've all had a good day x

We have a house we rent out and I would also love to sell it but we're in the same position and would loose money if we sold now. My parents bought my ex out just before the crash, lucky b*stard!

Evening ladies. Weaning is going well. Harry loves feeding himself. Not sure if it's too early but I have given him toast soliders which he loves sucking on.

It looks like tooth number 4 is on it's way. I hope it doesn't ruin this week's swimming lesson!

Tomorrow we have an estate agent coming round to value our house. I am terrified that it's going to be a low figure.

Hope you are all doing well. X

Dylan was a similar age when he started snatching food from us tbh so if he is going for it I would follow his lead he isn't much under 6 months :shrug:

Moggy we will lawn the whole back I think so Dylan has loads of space to run around :haha: hubby is in the process of negotiating now, it has got a bit complicated as the guys sister who will have a share of one of the houses isn't happy with the figures he indicated to us originally. Ash has said we are happy to walk away if they want to keep trying to sell anyway so wait and see...!

Dyl has just made a right mess with a load of porridge, love him :cloud9:

Forgotten what else I wanted to comment on now :dohh:

Thanks for the advice Lia. I think I need to read up a bit more on blw now as am not really sure what I am doing!

I hope the sister agrees to the figures. It sounded so right for you that it would be a shame if she puts a spanner in the works. X

Thanks for the advice Lia. I think I need to read up a bit more on blw now as am not really sure what I am doing!

I hope the sister agrees to the figures. It sounded so right for you that it would be a shame if she puts a spanner in the works. X

https://www.rapleyweaning.com/assets/blwleaflet.pdf can lend you the book if you like but tbh the support thread on the forum here is pretty good for questions - Yas seems to be getting on well with it too, and I know a lot of mummies doing purees etc too (at the demands of their LOs who don't want to self feed!) so LO will let you know what he wants I'm sure :haha:

If the sister doesn't agree, we can up the offer but for all the stuff we've got to do, think we'd be very tempted to look elsewhere, but these would be ideal :wacko:

Love your siggy / logo btw! Must pull my finger out and get ordering after payday! :happydance:

We are almost up on the market! Pics on but not descriptions yet eeee! On at around £115K which is a shame but we weren't planning on selling so soon I guess so at least we shouldn't lose money on the extension :dohh:

Sounding positive on the bungalow front, might get them for £230K just one more family member to agree :wacko:

This is us....! They haven't put a pic on of the utility room though which I thought would be good as its huge! :shrug: https://www.your-move.co.uk/propert...way-wombwell-barnsley-s73-0-sale-id-527687272

Ooh its lovely! It would be ideal for us if only in High Wycombe!

We had ours valued and it's the same price as when we bought it 3 years ago which is a relief. Now we've got to decide whether to move or not. Our house is a period property so we would have to sacrifice character for a bigger house :(

Ooh its lovely! It would be ideal for us if only in High Wycombe!

We had ours valued and it's the same price as when we bought it 3 years ago which is a relief. Now we've got to decide whether to move or not. Our house is a period property so we would have to sacrifice character for a bigger house :(

Thanks - we didn't do too badly considering the extension - would have lost more on it had we not extended IYKWIM? We bought in 2006 and got it for £88K, minus the back half of the house - houses in south yorkshire are cheaaaap!

Thats really good to have held its value - we wanted a character property this time but with moving the parents over its not really feasible - like you say, size vs character :dohh:

Do you need more room? The schools where we are are pants so we've got to move sometime anyway :wacko:

Yes, we have 2 good sized rooms and a box room. Also we need a bigger living room. We could knock through into our dining room though. It's just a case of deciding whether to do lots of work to our house or move.

Lia - I hope the negotiations are going well, and hope that you get interest in yours quickly.

Ann - are you just having a tentative look around to see what you could get then?

We haven't lost money on ours (or not too much at least), but it will cost us to sell due to fees, mortgage redemption etc. Giving tenants notice tomorrow, they won't be happy.

J's first little tooth is starting to come through!

Hope everyone is well and having nice weekends xx

I worked out the cost of selling our rented property and I would loose over £20k so it's a no go unfortunately. With our current place we would be in the same situation as you and loose money with the legal and estate agent fees, not to mention the stamp duty. I worked out that it would cost us at least £6,500! I think because of this we will probably do some work to our place instead.

We had a builder friend round today and are just waiting on his quote. If it's under £6,500 then we'll stay. Tbh after looking at what's available in our price range I am much happier staying put.

Harry's swimming lesson went a lot better today. He was fine until the end when he got tired. It was such a relief! X

I feel your pain! This move is costing us over £20k in stamp duty and selling/legal fees etc, not impressed! Luckily we bought in 2005 so havent lost on the property but feels like a waste of the stamp duty from then. I really wish they would do something to make it fairer :shrug:

I have no idea about owning a home so just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone :hugs:

Hi Yas!!! Well, we're soon to be non-home-owners with any luck! Possibly the worst decision we made was to buy when we did!!

Moggy, it is SUCH a gorgeous photo!!! I couldn't find one in Norwich, so let me know next time you're heading to the shop and I'll paypal you the money for Diddle Donkey and postage!!

Right girlies, I'm off to have some Angel Delight, I'm in need of cheering up after spending all day stressing about various things, AD is sure to fix everything right??!!

will try to go monday, if they dont have one they will usually order stuff in for the following week.... are you thinking blue still?

no AD here tonight but Mogster and I made fairy cakes today so we have sponge with white icing and jelly diamonds or chocolate ones with white icing and chocolate buttons, tomorrow he wants to make gingerbread airplanes and biscuit helicopters!

Need you help ladies, Mogster has an extreme reading challenge for half term, the nursery class is being included in the school reading challenge and we have to get a photo of him with me or OH reading a book in the most bizarre place possible....any ideas? Currently best we can come up with is the static plane outside the base and have a pic of him on the wing....any other ideas?

Oh no, please don't make a special trip, only if you're there for another reason (and yes, blue is great! Poor J always ends up with boy things, I bought the boy version of the aquapod today because I thought the pink one was a bit too pink for if we have any boys in the future!)

Umm... Plane wing is pretty extreme, particularly if you put some wire in a scarf and make it look like he's flying! You could have a trip to somewhere where there are kids roller-coasters etc? Underwater (get a disposable underwater camera)?

And yay to the baking! Now I wish I had fairy cakes! AD was good, but not fairy-cake good! Have fun with the biscuits!

I agree with Lydia. I'm not sure if I can beat the wing idea! That's pretty unusual! Will have a think though.

Well Harry slept through for the second time ever, the first being when he had the flu! The annoying thing is I went to bed quite late for me and then got woken twice by my dh who went out with the boys from Nct. Grr

Unusual place.....ermmm...will he fit in the washing machine??? :haha: sorry!

Ann - yay for Harry sleeping through!

Yas :hi: :hi:!!!

We went swimming yesterday - did I tell you about the pool we have nearby for hire? A few of us mums hire it together on Friday afternoons, its only £14 for the hour so cheaper than our local pool as long as more than one of you goes :haha: well hubby got off work early and came too, it was lovely. Best bit was - I could take piccies because its a private pool and just our lot using it! We have an underwater camera so going to take that next time :happydance:

Hubby has taken Dyl out for a walk. I am under strict instructions to "do something for me" ......... errrr as I am in the bath every morning at the minute with my gallstone not sure what there is left for me haha.

Hope you're all having a nice weekend? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"