Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Not sure if I mentioned my my dh asked if we could start trying for another in September when Harry is one! AGGGHHH!

Claire dont beat yourself up over shoesizes, Clark's have a whole spare size in them anyway so sometimes when theyre on a growth spurt it is better to wait an extra week or two (they even recommend you do sometimes in Clarks!) in case you end up having to buy another new pair a fortnight later :dohh:

We too do the same with one pair of proper shoes then trainers/wellies/sandals from elsewhere.

If you get a chance see how good a bargain you can find for the littlelife traveller s2.... :) Think that is my preferred carrier as can definitely put it on myself and OH can use it too, plus we know Jackster loves it as we used one to trek around kiddicare a few weeks back - a long enough walk for anyone!!!

You ladies are stars :hugs:

Lia do you have pics of the bungalows? Why a pair? Do you plan to convert into one? Sorry if you already said :oops:

Excited but at the same time apprehensive. I can't imagine loving another child as much as Harry! x

Ann - congrats for your sisters news missed that one! :haha: on the baby front - DH had always wanted two close together, and I was planning TTC from July/August when Dylan would be 1 and I would have returned to work. Up until now I was thinking no way as am knackered enough with Dylans lack of sleeping but this week I've been thinking stuff it, why not :haha: only problem is I now don't have a job DOH!!!!! :haha:

Claire - swimming is a bit of an epic isn't it - can't imagine it with two :haha: glad you all enjoyed it though!

Moggy - we want my parents to move over. In the short term, they can be really helpful with Dylan, and baby number 2 if there is one, in terms of childcare (I would find going back to work easier knowing he was with them, and still would only go back part time for now). In the long term, we can care for them better as they gradually fall to bits lol, as my mum is needing more and more help, and my dad isn't much better since his hip replacement tbh. Between them they manage Dylan though lol - what one of them can't do the other can :haha:

Originally the plan was to find a house and build a granny annexe, or just have them rent somewhere nearby (they currently rent a bungalow as my mum can't do stairs). When DHs boss mentioned his bungalow (his dad passed away) we weren't interested til we realised his aunt owns the other semi, and hasn't yet put it on the market.

We are going to have our bungalow, plus knock through the upstairs of their bungalow so we'll end up with enough bedrooms etc as we wanted at least 4. My parents will be happy down on the ground floor of theirs with more space than they even have now. We'll share the garden, but have our own garage / drive / living space so we don't drive each other mental.

The houses are really tardis-like - I had seen pics of our one on the internet and wasn't sure but they are bloody massive rooms (except the stupid little room with no purpose) - only one has been dormered so far, at the front, so there is potential there too to make them all bigger. They both need cosmetic updating which again we like to do (I want my nice bathroom for a start :haha:).

We can get the pair for under £250K I think, because his boss has had enough of maintaining it and wants rid of his dads and hasn't managed to sell it yet, and with the other one not being on the market yet, a savvy developer hasn't spotted them and thought hmmm giant house potential lol. Also the lack of fuss for having us buy the pair and not faffing with an estate agent etc. One a few doors away has just gone for £200K on its own after its been done up so by the time we want to sell on and the market has improved hopefully should be a good investment :shrug: plus the schools nearby are fab primary-wise, and the private secondary Ash went to is local.

God I've rambled on now, but Dylan is napping :haha: Heres the link to ours https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/11908407 not many pics and certainly don't do the dimensions justice but looking forward to gutting it and making it pretty :haha:

Excited but at the same time apprehensive. I can't imagine loving another child as much as Harry! x

He is cute, maybe you can't :haha: joking - I am sure you will love them together. When I look at Ash and Dylan together I think "my boys" and feel super in love. You will see two children play together or cuddle and think the same I'm sure - Moggy / Claire can vouch I'm sure :haha:

God I've rambled on now, but Dylan is napping :haha: Heres the link to ours https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/11908407 not many pics and certainly don't do the dimensions justice but looking forward to gutting it and making it pretty :haha:

Oh and here is one nearby that has just gone up on the next close, done up and expanded a little like we would probably hope to lol

https://www.globrix.com/property-de...drive-wakefield-wf1-4_bed-semi_detached_house

Quick Q - do your babies have soft toys in their cots? J doesn't and I'm wondering whether I'm depriving her...??!! ;-)

Oh, and apparently we're "winging it" in terms of TTC again, errr, I don't think so!!! (Think I'd like them about 2 years apart, maybe a little less). I can't quite believe DH would be happy if I got preggers again now?! Congrats to your sister Ann, thats awesome news!!

Quick Q - do your babies have soft toys in their cots? J doesn't and I'm wondering whether I'm depriving her...??!! ;-)

Oh, and apparently we're "winging it" in terms of TTC again, errr, I don't think so!!! (Think I'd like them about 2 years apart, maybe a little less). I can't quite believe DH would be happy if I got preggers again now?! Congrats to your sister Ann, thats awesome news!!

Cos its bloody easier for the men - Ash would have had me trying on the flipping ward if he had his way lol he wanted them as close together as poss :dohh: and still mithers me, he's not doing night duty is he!!!

Dyl doesn't tend to have soft toys in, sometimes his frog that plays classical music - he doesn't really have anything hes formed an attachment to like that tbh :nope:

PS - Daddy has taught Dylan to clap his hands, he has just been clapping and blowing raspberries like a one man band lol, so cute! Anybody do / get anything nice for Valentines? We don't tend to do owt, but I did cook for DH for a treat :haha:

OH is away til Friday! Got a cute Happy Valentines Day to my Mummy from the boys, Mogster even wrote his own name :cloud9:

Lia they look a fab arrangement for you guys to have, also means you will be able to do work to one whilst you are living in the other at first...what will you do for the garden? Looks like one is paved garden the other a bit more grass/planting.

Having two is hard but great fun, they are so cute together and can highly recommend the 3 year gap, enough that Mogster is his own person and has time away from the house to give Jack time alone with Mummy and Mogster still gets time to play with both of us before he starts big boy school in September....Saying that we were planning a two year gap but had our :angel:

Lydia Jack has two toys in the cot with him, Diddle Donkey and his Grey Bear

https://www.brimstonebeads.co.uk/index.php?p=jellycat
(the blue one top row second left)
https://www.tatty-teddy.co.uk/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=35
(minus the clothes, its so soft)

He puts his hand out and strokes the bear when he is dozing off and he plays with the donkey in the morning when he is ready to get up, surprisingly he doesnt play with it when he stirs only when he has decided he is awake for the day.

Must dash OBEM is just starting!

no toys here... anything keeps him awake! i've tried a few times! instead i keep a few of his faves on my side of the bed and when he wakes up, i'll give him one or two if it's too early to get up, but he's clearly not going to go back to sleep. and then i snooze some more :D

Thanks girls, maybe I'll give her one then and see what happens!

Lia, house will be fab, a friend had one like that and did it in a really modern/retro type style and it now looks amazing.

I went out with a couple of girls this evening which was lovely, just got in and feeling very full and sleepy!

Moggy - I love that donkey, I think J may be getting one of those soon :haha:

How come you didn't get the carrier? She opened up the £55 ones to any carrier that was in stock until midnight, so if you e-mailed originally you definitely should have got one (go on her fb page and have a look). If I were you I'd e-mail and ask, she's lovely and I'm sure she'd honour the original offer if you asked.

J is 5 months today - yay! :happydance:

Hope you're all having a good morning! :flower:

offer was first to email but only one of each pattern and I wasnt first :nope:

let me know if you want me to pick on up and send it to you, the shop in town had them in pink too....Mogster chose it for Jack and Jack loves it!

offer was first to email but only one of each pattern and I wasnt first :nope:

let me know if you want me to pick on up and send it to you, the shop in town had them in pink too....Mogster chose it for Jack and Jack loves it!

No, because it was so popular she opened it up to any of them for £55, she posted this 1st Feb at 22.10 on her fb page, so definitely worth e-mailing again xx
Oh, and will shout if I can't get donkey, thank you, I like the blue best! (poor J quite frequently gets mistaken for a boy!)

Moggy - this is the cheapest ive found so far but havent looked in depth yet https://www.pramworld.co.uk/product/4942/LittleLife_Traveller_S2_Carrier_
Whats the cheapestyouve seen?

Lydia- ana has her pink gloworm and jellycat cat that she likes to throttle around lol.

Ann- go for it... I had the same worries but believe me there is plenty of love to go around :thumbup:

Thats all for now just a quicky on the phone:hugs:

Xx

Thanks Claire that is the best price I have found too :)

Lydia they blue is lovely and its so cute, will get a pic of Jack with it later and text it to you :)

Evening ladies. Weaning is going well. Harry loves feeding himself. Not sure if it's too early but I have given him toast soliders which he loves sucking on.

It looks like tooth number 4 is on it's way. I hope it doesn't ruin this week's swimming lesson!

Tomorrow we have an estate agent coming round to value our house. I am terrified that it's going to be a low figure.

Hope you are all doing well. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->