Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

I'm tempted to take Harry! Do you put him in a swim nappy under that wetsuit? I can't remember what you ladies said.

We want to take him to Baby Swimming lessons after, but decided to go to a Parent & Toddler session at our local pool (still warmer than the normal pool) to see if he likes the water, which he does. Yay! At our local pool they only need to wear a swim nappy like Huggies Little Swimmers and some trunks, wetsuit or costume. Most baby swimming lessons insist on the double nappy system: a disposable swim nappy underneath and a reusable swim nappy (Happy Nappy) on top.

Which sling have you gone for? I think as J gets older I'd like to try some others, she just loves hers at the moment.

Decided on the Close Baby Carrier. Simply because he looked the most comfortable in it. Have received ours today and here's the proof... First picture taken when we tried it on and the second one ten minutes later. :cloud9:

Attachments

• P1010481.jpg
    P1010481.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010482.jpg
    P1010482.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 8
Ahahaha the mark of a perfect carrier!!!! xx

Waterbabies starts Nov 26th... at £15.50 a lesson :vomit:

We've got a bit of a problem with our local Waterbabies classes. There is really only one pool that would suit us time and location wise, but the changing facilities are not great (meaning there are none) and the pool itself isn't as nice as others either. :nope: So we are debating if we should just go with the Waterbabies one with the not so great pool and facilities or another company. :coffee:

Ahahaha the mark of a perfect carrier!!!! xx

Waterbabies starts Nov 26th... at £15.50 a lesson :vomit:

The pleasure of living in London. :wacko: Ours are "only" £12.50 per lesson.

Yay Pip! J loves ours (we have the same colour), he looks so happy snoozing away! J always goes straight to sleep in ours. DH wore it today when he was baby and dog minding while I rode (yippee!), he wasn't that happy as he felt it was slightly feminine for him and wanted the babybjorn (sp?), but I haven't had time to work that one out yet, so close it was, he walked them around for a good hour and now really likes it! (I didn't make him wear the butterfly side of the wrap bit, just the plain other side! (I considered being mean!!:haha:).

Yas, ouchies on the price, though I'm sure K will love it! Agree on the trying everything possible to make things work with Gary, well done hun.

Having sleep issues here, we had three really good nights - slept 12pm until 7.30am. However last night was the worst yet, she was constantly waking up, wanting feeding and then taking ages to settle. Do you guys try to keep your LOs awake in the evening to try and make them sleep more? :shrug:

Had a rubbish weekend, had a bout of mild mastitis, have managed to feed through it, but spent nearly all of Sunday in bed feeling like I had really bad flu, I was so dizzy that some of the time I didn't dare carry J around. Think I'm through it, but now the other boob has gone sore and looks very purple/blotchy... :growlmad:

We've got a bit of a problem with our local Waterbabies classes. There is really only one pool that would suit us time and location wise, but the changing facilities are not great (meaning there are none) and the pool itself isn't as nice as others either. :nope: So we are debating if we should just go with the Waterbabies one with the not so great pool and facilities or another company. :coffee:

So where are you meant to change?!

Hmm.. tricky... have you looked at other companies yet?? Round here there was no choice: waterbabies hold the market!! Hence the crazy price. I wasn't gonna pay but i've been looking forward to it since I first fell preggo and i'm dying to meet other mummies, too :blush:

Lydia, my SIL who is a midwife told me the better babies sleep in the day, the better they sleep at night. I was soooo sceptical- but I tried it, I stopped trying to keep K awake in the evenings and just let him go and he's slept through 12 hours ever since :happydance:

Yas, apparently babies are being changed on the floor. :shock:

Hey Yas: from when to when is K doing his 12 hours!? I have somewhat been trying to keep P awake after supper thinking if she sleeps too late in the evening she won't sleep at night. Opps!

Hey Yas: from when to when is K doing his 12 hours!? I have somewhat been trying to keep P awake after supper thinking if she sleeps too late in the evening she won't sleep at night. Opps!

Snap!

How is your gold doing Brig? Hope you're feeling better :hugs:

Lydia- if Ana wants to sleep during the day there's no waking her. We have days where shes awake nearly all day or the other extreme where she sleeps all day too. So i just go with the flow as it doesnt make any difference to her night sleep as she knows its night time now as she can sleep for 9-10 hrs on a good night. We get the odd hard night which is down to wind etc.... It seems like she knows the difference between night and day so maybe a growthspurt:shrug:

Yas- i really hope you make things work with Gary hun... Do whats right for you and K:hugs:

Pip- changing on the floor:nope: thats nuts....

Brig- hi hun:hugs:

I agree with yas on the sleeping thing.. Not just for babies either. I had nap trouble with jac... When he slept less during the day he seemed to go ibyo a sleep regression do slept less at night. So good dayrime sleeping does equate to better nught sleeping IMO a friend also agrees as she told me about it:shrug:
Not looking forward to thursday... 1st round of jabs... Luckily hubby is on late shift so he can be with us:cry:

Yas, I agree with the others. Do what you feel is right and if you both want to give it another go, go for it.

I give him his last bottle at 8ish, it finishes at 815ish and he goes straight into his cot and sleeps to anywhere between 7-830.

BUT! Like Claire said, sometimes he has days where he sleeps alllll day and others days where he barely naps at all; and it doesn't affect the night. I put it all down to the firm, clear, bath/massage/pjs/bottle routine, like it symbolises the start of night to him kinda?

So he has a bottle at 4ish... and sometimes doesn't sleep at all from then until he's hysterical at 730 and I give him the bottle then. Other times he falls asleep after the 4pm bottle and then I have to wake him at 730 in order to do the routine!!! I never let him sleep past 730, just because the one time I did he woke at 930pm and I never bothered with the bath/bed routine and he was on and off napping all night- the only night he's done that since 4 weeks old. SO I wake him at 730 (if he's asleep), and do the routine.

How is your gold doing Brig? Hope you're feeling better :hugs:

Looks like we're on the right track!! there have been no thoughts of formula feeding in the last while so that means a lot!! :haha: The Wii Fit tells us she's gained...she's up to 8lbs 3oz apparently. We are going to the dr next thur for Peyton's shots so we shall see then!

But she has been doing 6 hours pretty consistantly between her last feed and waking again, and 7 hours one night. I figure that's good for an 8 week old BF baby? :shrug:

Hi everyone else!

Claire, good luck with the jabs! FYI, I heard from a mommy I know, after the shots to draw out the fever and redness from the injection site, you wet a facecloth with warm water, sprinkle baking soda on it and apply it to the spot. :shrug: Not sure how/if it really works...but it's worth a try!

Yas: you have to give us the link so we can by those adorable "Santa please stop here" signs!

xo

That's really useful info re the sleeping during the day Yas. I tend to let H sleep when ever he wants but worry a bit in the evenings so prefer him to be a wake. I won't worry so much now. Last night we ran out of hot water so he didn't get his bath and I think that made settling him so much harder. He cried for hours and our normal tricks didn't work for ages.

He wasn't too bad last night, waking at 2.30am and then again at 5.30am. I couldn't get him settled after the 2nd feed though - I tried to leave him to get through the grunting but it quickly turned to crying. I ended up giving him a dummy and that did the job after several attempts. My dh mentioned that H had a bad night and that he is very tired today but it's just normally he sleeps through the moans that wake me up. I feel bad now that I put him through it.

I can't believe the price of the water babies classes! I looked online yesterday for our local one and saw the prices. It's unbelievable! How many classes do you have to sign up for?

Good luck with the jabs Claire! x

Does any of you lovely ladies live near Aylesbury or near a The Works? I went to The Works in Aylesbury today and saw this lovely Baby Record Book, but couldn't decide if I wanted this or the Humphrey's Corner one, so didn't get it. Now I rang my local The Works shops and they don't have it. :dohh: I am so annoyed with myself for being so indecisive. I have seen it on Ebay for £10, but it was only £3.99 at The Works. It is this one here: https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/My-baby-reco...t=New_Baby_Christening_RL&hash=item45f5c5712f

Does any of you lovely ladies live near Aylesbury or near a The Works? I went to The Works in Aylesbury today and saw this lovely Baby Record Book, but couldn't decide if I wanted this or the Humphrey's Corner one, so didn't get it. Now I rang my local The Works shops and they don't have it. :dohh: I am so annoyed with myself for being so indecisive. I have seen it on Ebay for £10, but it was only £3.99 at The Works. It is this one here: https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/My-baby-reco...t=New_Baby_Christening_RL&hash=item45f5c5712f

Theres a shop in our town... Will have a look tomorrow for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->