Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

We had a poorly little boy last night..Jac woke up around 2 crying and had thrown up all over the bed poor thing..same thing 1/2 hr later:cry:
Woke up quite chirpy this morning but also threwup some water hed drunk. Hes managed to keep toast and a yoghurt down now and drunk s fair bit. So i hope hes on the mend...its going to ba an afteroon full of
cuddles:hugs:

Yas- hows k today?
Brig- is miss p better?

Moggy- how excuting hun..

Xx

She seems better Claire. Thank for asking! :hugs: Sorry to hear about Jac...all these sick babies/kids. :-(

As I posted on FB, last night was a rough night. We put her to bed and we went to bed about 3 hours later. In that time we had to go to her room at least 10 times.:dohh: Then when we were getting ready for bed she had a total meltdown so we decided to let her sleep with us last night.
This mornign still no fever...but I noticed a little rash on her belly/back and neck. The best way I can describe it...it looks like when Nathan blows raspberries on her tummy and he has stubble...does that make sense?? Anyway, a friend of mine mentioned her little girl had the same fever last week and a day after the fever broke she got a rash...it was roseola or baby measles...anyone ever hear of that? apparently it's most common from 6-24months?
Any opinions??

xo

Brig, good to hear P is getting better. I hadn't heard of Roseola, but a quick google certainly confirms that P's symptoms suggest it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001963/

Brig, good to hear P is getting better. I hadn't heard of Roseola, but a quick google certainly confirms that P's symptoms suggest it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001963/

I've heard of it a few times now. A couple of months back a different friend of mine was telling me the daycare where her kids go had an outbreak of roseola. I just don't understand how she got it...we are never around other kids really. Only think I can think of is lst Thursday we went to our local early years centre to get Peyton weighed by the lactation nurse. Maybe there?

How are all of the poorly babies, I hope they're all getting better quickly.

J is now using her teeth to make me squeal, any suggestions from bfing ladies?

Hope you're all having a good weekend xx

Hey Lydia!

Not sure about the teeth...Peyton doesn't have any yet...but she has been chomping down on my nipple with her gums sometimes and that hurts enough I can't imagine when she has teeth!!

She's feeling better, acting like her usual silly self, and the rash has started to fade in some places. Fingers crossed we're done with this soon!

Yas, hope K is feeling better!

Hi everyone else!!

xo

Lydia if you yelp loud enough AND remove her from the boob she will stop doing it, difficulty is you have to do it when it really hurts so SHE knows as sometimes theyre just playing and dont realise it hurts.....they sometimes use us to teeth and sooth at the same time......if you do it and they dont realise theyre doing it it might (emphasise MIGHT) cause her to early wean from the boob....hope you sort it :)

Yas what was your post earlier? You ok...saw your FB status. Hoping you sort uni/swimming decisions soon :)

Claire/Brig - are the little ones better? Snuggles to them and Jac

:hi: everyone else, busy weekend here with visitors etc, next thing is OH off again 5 nights and days til he is home late Friday again :( Not long now though, hoping to start date haggling in the next week or so :) Did everyone else resolve what they were doing housewise?

Thanks, will try, she definitely knows she's doing it, its when she's fussing at the end of a feed, she does it whilst grinning at me and the sound of me yelping makes her grip even more, but then I did a really sharp yelp yesterday and it seemed to scare her (wide eyes, whilst still gripping on with teeth...:dohh:), they're like loads of little needles, they even hurt my finger when she bits it!

Since our LO's are a little older now, I was wondering what your LO's sleep patterns are these days?

What time are they getting up?

What time are they going to bed?

Is this pretty regular?

How many naps do they have and how long for?

Okay, I'll start:

What time are they getting up? Do you wake them up or do they wake up by themselves?
Usually between 8.30 and 10am the latest. He does have earlier days sometimes too. He wakes up by himself.

Around 9pm.

He has about 2 to 3 naps a day. One in the morning about 1.5 hours after he gets up and one in the afternoon, sometimes one short one in the late afternoon.

All this talking about sleeping makes me tired. :sleep:

Hope the sick little babies are feeling better today.

Sorry, Lydia, can't help on the biting situation as we don't have any teeth here yet, although S has bitten me in the arm the other day just with his gums/jaws and it hurt like crazy. :dohh:

How many teeth do all the little ones have now? Including Mogster and Jac. :winkwink:

Mogster has all his but then he is 4 in July :shock:

Moglet has none still, the bottom right one is almost through but not yet, Mogsters all arrived in symetrical pairs :wacko: so am wondering if Jackster will do the same...?

How you doing Pip?

Jackster and Mogster both get up between 6.30 and 7am

Jack has his first nap about 8.45 as he drops off on the school run, he will nap for about 45 minutes.

Jack has his second sleep about 11.45 again coinciding with the school run and he naps for up to 2 and a half hours

He might have a nap for 30 mins late afternoon depending on how long he slep at lunchtime....

He goes to bed by 7.15 and sleeps til morning

Hope that helps (he also feeds at 7am boob, 7.45am Ready Brek, 10am boob, 10.45 lunch, 2.30pm boob and snack, 5pm boob, 5.30pm dinner, 7pm boob) Working opn reducing the boob inthe day to 7am, 2.30pm and 7pm but until he want to reduce the feeds am inclined to keep offering as he only feeds 5 minutes during the day and max 10 minutes at any time.

When he was weighed last week he was 19lb 1oz so has put on only 9lb (less one ounce) since he was born. Love him :cloud9:

^ your avatar makes my heart pop, Moggy :cloud9:

Still no teethies here! K's runny bum and temp finally gone though after 6 bad days so maybe it was a bug? Who knows. Hope Peyton is on the mend, Brig :hug:

As for us..

What time are they getting up? Do you wake them up or do they wake up by themselves? Around 730-8ish usually. Although he wakes at 630 most days and plays/snuggles/dozes till then.

What time are they going to bed? Around 9ish. I wish it was earlier but he fights it like a demon these days...

How many naps do they have and how long for? He still has 3 firm naps. He can't go more than 3 hours max of being awake! He has milk at 8, 12, 4 and has a 1-2 hour nap in between each meal. However, I don't let him sleep after 630 which sounds cruel and not very babyled, but if I don't wake him he'll snooze for hours in the early evening and not go to bed til midnight which is a killer. So if he doesn't fall asleep at all after his 4pm feed, it's a battle to keep him awake till bedtime around 730.

She wakes up at about 6am, feeds but then is pretty sleepy still so usually goes back to bed until about 8am, I'm hoping she'll drop this early feed and just get up somewhere in the middle. She wakes on her own, at about 8am and will usually play with her feet or chat to herself for a little while before demanding attention.

She goes to bed by 7.30 usually.

She naps for a couple of hours at 10.30/11ish and then again at about 3pm, but this all depends on what we're doing that day, tomorrow for example we have swimming at 11.45, so she'll be out of sync and grumpy.

She still feeds a LOT, every three hours at least during the day. She also wakes for a feed usually at about 11pm.

J has two teeth, they came through together a few weeks ago, she's been a bit red-cheeked for the last couple of days, could this be because they're not fully out (in that they're only about half way grown to where they should be iykwim?)? Or maybe the tops are coming down.

What time are they getting up? Do you wake them up or do they wake up by themselves?
Wakes up by himself, has been between 7 and 830 generally but this past week or so he has been quite firm at 7am argh :dohh: lol.

between 630 and 730 depending on his naps / how tired he seems. He was asleep for 630 the other night and didn't wake any earlier the next day - but usually in bed by 730.

He has about 2 to 3 naps a day. If they are short naps he has 3. If they are longer naps he can manage 2. He has one in the morning around 930 or so and if its a good one he will have another mid afternoon maybe 1/2ish. If its a short one he will have a midday nap and a mid/late afternoon catnap. He probably naps for a total of 2.5 - 4 hours depending.

He does nap in his cot quite happily now though. All seems to be improving as hes tiring himself out crawling round and standing up.

On the house front: don't ask :dohh: Dh has rekindled his hopes for doing a PHD, and Lancaster (where we did Undergrad) are offering fully funded ones with a 'salary' as well. So guess what he's in the process of applying for now........:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

He thought it was Corus he didn't like so he moved jobs to Nexans (after 4 years to be fair so not a short stint I guess) but at Nexans has now realised its the job hes not a fan of (he didn't come home one night last week as he was there that long :shock:) so yes, he has started thinking of the PHD route again. If he doesn't get a funded one, he won't do it, and I have found some related jobs nearby that he would be interested in but yeah....that's where we're at :dohh: but if he does it and becomes a lecturer then I can be a lady of leisure :haha:

Hope you're all good - will catch up on your messages properly later but about to run off to Manchester (nans birthday / brothers girlfriend is going to do my hair as they are visiting :haha:)

:hugs:

whispers...

If he did do PhD where would you live? Would you stay put or would you still move...remember you mentioning schools for D

Morning Ladies!!

What time are they getting up? Do you wake them up or do they wake up by themselves? Peyton usually wakes up between 6-7am and then I bring her in bed with me and we sleep till 9:30ish (sometimes a little before sometimes a little after)

Bed time routine is started around 8:30. We do bath, jammies, snack, booby feed and then Nathan is out of her room by about 9:30.

By 11:30 am she's pretty much ready for a nap and sleeps anywhere from 1.5-2.5 hrs. Then she usually sleep again for 1-2 hours later in the afternoon. If we happen to go out after supper she sometimes snoozes in her carseat. And also, sometimes she fights the first nap. If that happens we have lunch and then she goes down mid afternoon.

So Peyton is back to her adorable self! Rash is almost gone. It's now fading on her arms and legs which were the last spots where she got it.
Also, SHE SAID HER FIRST WORD YESTERDAY!!!! :happydance: Pa-pa:cloud9: We're having supper and she's babbling away and all of a sudden Nathan and I look at one another and at the same time ask "did she just say papa? and as we finishing saying that she said it again lound and clear no babble. Pa-Pa. and then she said it again last night. I know she doesn't understand what she's saying yet but still!

xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"