Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Oh...and my sister used a childminder for both of hers and it worke dout great..and cheap..:thumbup:

x

friend of mine has one which is still going and her eldest is 5, Im currently eyeing up a sand picnic table for the boys, Mogster loves the sandpit but it it a bit big/single use so thinking to trade in for picnic bench one...

having a wobble over moving as I dont love the house we are moving to yet... and I do love our current house...hoping once we get down there and out stuff is in and we change bits to how we like then I will love it...plus I get to have a new kitchen AGAIN!

Yas I would lean towards nursery....although you have to go with your gut on if you like it or not as well as the paper stats...will he be full time?

Hope all the poorly Mummies and babies are feeling better...? Any news on Lancaster Lia?

I am sure you'll be fine, Moggy and the new house will feel like yours in no time. And new kitchen sounds great. And don't forget about the lovely bathrooms. :thumbup:

We had some broccoli yesterday and it was such a joy to watch our little man. Note the footrest on the second pic. :dohh:

https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/broc1.jpg

https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/broc2.jpg

Yas - I replied on fb already with ramblings :haha:

Moggy - I suppose its a possibility lol!!! DH has to submit a little proposal of 2.5K words, then if they like the sounds of it, a full proposal to fight it out for one of the 10 places. They expect around 100 applicants so better odds than most of the things hes got before :haha: I have started having a little look if I'm honest - I always wanted to live there after uni as loved it. My old student house has just sold funnily enough!!!!

Pip - loving those photos!!!!!!!

Haha!!! Pip the Photos are awesome! lol

Yas: Sorry I can't help you! :-(

Ann: That sound horrible hun. I'm so sad that you ladies have to go back to work so soon! Peyton has just cut her first tooth a couple of days ago so I'm dreading the day she bites me. I didn't know that screaming could result in a nursing strike. I'll try to remember that.

Peyton got her 6 month shots yesterday, she was so good! And the nurse weighed her (with all her cothes on mind you) and she was 15lbs 8oz! My tiny girl is getting chubbier!

Hope everyone is well!

xo

Pip he is BEAUTIFUL, look at those eyes :cloud9: and blw is bloody messy. My floor is horrendous after every meal :rofl:

Moggy, sooooooo jealous of the new kitchen, and yes K will be full time xxxx

Pip - what eyes! Love the fact that he has the right coloured sleepsuit on!!

Brigitte that's a great weight! Go Peyton!

Pip, S looks so grown up! And I agree, what beautiful eyes. It's great that he is so into his blw.

Moggy, I can totally empathise as when we started looking for another house I started to feel upset about leaving our one. We have now realised that we can't afford to move and I am both relieved and disappointed at the same time! I am sure you are feeling nostalgic and once your belongings are in and you start making new memories you will love it even more than your current one. Just remember the reason you are moving.

Yas, we are looking in to the old nursery v childminder thing too. I personally would prefer a nursery but the cost might be an issue.

X

Hi everyone, its quiet in here! I hope you and your babies are all well.

Poor J is covered in chicken pox this morning, all over her head and face, as well as some on her arms and chest, she seems ok, a little clingy and sleepy, but not too bad, I gave her some calpol before her nap and hope she wakes up feeling brighter. I've got a horrible cold, so I'm hoping she doesn't get that on top of the pox!!

When can she go out again? And when do you think we'll be ok to start waterbabies (I obviously won't go on Monday!)? Her spots started coming out on Wednesday, is it after they've all completely scabbed over to go out, or do I have to wait until they've disappeared?

I've wisely spent my time in confinement online shopping, DH is NOT going to be happy when he reads the statement (I've hidden most of the clothes in the back of J's cupboard and will bring them out veeery sloooowly....!). Brig, you made me feel better when I saw you'd had a spree too! Peyton's clothes are gorgeous, we had O-K clothes when we were little, our friend sent them from Canada. Also got some things for myself, but some have to go back because they're not the right size, just how many pair of jeans will I have to order/send back before some fit??!!

MrsMils, sorry to hear about poor J. Do you know where she might have caught it from? As for Waterbabies, could you ring them to see what they think regarding when she should start again?

Does anyone know if the holidays and bank holidays that you accrue during your ML are calculated based on your normal salary or on SMP? :shrug:

I am hoping to get S some classic children's books. Any recommendations, ladies? :coffee:

Does anyone know if the holidays and bank holidays that you accrue during your ML are calculated based on your normal salary or on SMP? :shrug:

I think its on your normal salary as they count as days of holiday.

I am hoping to get S some classic children's books. Any recommendations, ladies? :coffee:

Growing up we all loved Winnie the Pooh, Beatrix Potter Books, as well as things like Mog, Puff the Magic Dragon etc. I know these are aimed at older children, but we read them/had them read to us over and over again throughout our childhood, we loved them. I'll ask my Mum which other ones we loved when we were smaller. I remember something called "Five Minutes Peace" or similar :haha: My poor Mum!

I think I'll ring waterbabies, thanks. I think she got it from her cousin, who came out in spots a couple of days after they were playing together for the afternoon...:dohh:

must haves imo....
Pooh books
Beatrix Potter books
Thomas the Tank Engine collection
Anything by Julia Donaldson/Axel Scheffer combo - aim for the board book variety (they did The Gruffalo, The Snail and the Whale, Room on the Broom etc)
Mick Inkpen does some lovely books Threadbear and Babby Brown are our faves
The Tiger Who Came to Tea
Guess How Much I Love You
The Elephant and the Bad Baby
Each Peach Pear Plum
Snow White/Three Little Pigs/Goldilocks and the Three Bears/Red Riding Hood/Rapunzel/Sleeping Beauty/The Magic Porridge Pot/The Elves and the Shoemaker/The Gingerbread Man/Tom Thumb etc
Meg and Mog books
must stop waffling!!!

The Book People do some fab book deals as do Amzaon if you keep an eye on them :thumbup:

Claire guess what I won on ebay today :happydance: :) :yipee: :wohoo:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280642836422&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

How goes the hunt for the sand/water table?

Lydia/Brig hope the girls are better and hope you are feeling brighter now Ann?

Yas, Lia, Sarah, Pip :hi:

Oooh - yes Moggy - The Tiger Who Came to Tea and Each Peach Pear Plum - we read those a lot too!!

Good ebay buy too!! Someone is in for some fun!!

J in bed, I hope we have a better night tonight than last night (up at least every 2 hours), I'd be fine with it if I didn't have this rotten cold.

Moggy & Claire - did Mogster or Jac do anything for red-nose day?! (Or any of the other babies in fact?!) Jemima had little red noses all over her face in honour of the occasion!!!

Lydia - When they've all scabbed over you'll be ok to go out. The generally do within 7 days but sometimes can take up to 10 days (Found a load of spots on Jac on a wednesday in nursewry and hes ok to go back there the following wednesday which was 7 days) . The most contagious bit is before the spots come out anyway during the incubation period which can start 2 weeks before :dohh:
Hope she feels better soon. Ana was only 3 months old when she got it and she was ok...just grumbly and a bit off for 1-2 days. She was soooo much easier than Jac to deal with :thumbup:

Moggy - How cool is that...go you :happydance::happydance Are you paying shipping or picking it up when you move or visit before then? Ordered the ELC one.....got some sand in B&Q yesterday so we'll have a good play next week....probably with water in the kitchen until it warms up outside.

Pip - Holidays are paid per your normal salary hun :thumbup:

Brig - Love the clothes :cloud9:

Hope your all ok.....been a long week here.....Jac, me and hubby had the bug...and now Jac me and Ana have a cold. Jac isnt fazed at all with it, Ana isnt too bad either except the cough which seems to be getting better now. Me....im surviving LOL

Hope you all have a great weekend :hugs:

xx

Thanks Claire - Great news that we might be able to venture out towards the end of next week, we're going stir crazy! I'm also missing a bridesmaid dress fitting tomorrow (and general girly day out).

Glad you're over the bug, I hope the cold goes too - sounds like you've had a pretty poorly household. Yes, in a way I'm really pleased that its nearly over and done with, I remember us girls having it as toddlers and being covered in spots and lotion and generally unhappy with it (my mum even made my sister a birthday cake with red smarties for chicken pox and a thermometer in the cake (which was my sisters face) mouth, my mum's cakes were awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->