Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Go Miss P :happydance:

And yay as Neen and Olly are hopefully coming home today or tomorrow, he can go she just needs all clear :wohoo: He was born at 33+5 so is doing amazingly, go booby juice :yipee:

Great news on P saying her first word, Brig.

Moggy, excellent news on Neen and Olly. How old is he now?

How you doing Pip?

I'm doing fine, thanks. Not much new to report here. S is sitting up on his own for a few weeks now and seems to enjoy it. We are still enjoying BLW, he had some Asparagus the other day, yum-yum.

We also had to move him from his carrycot into the stroller part about a month ago as he was getting too big for it and didn't enjoy lying down flat when out walking. They grow up so quick.

How are you doing?

Pip he is 1 week and 5 days old today, she would be 35 weeks 3 days preggers today :shock: They are amazing, she is inspirational how she has dealt with it all.

We good thanks, having issues with nights at the moment as Jack rolling around his cot and getting his feet stuck in the rails despite the sleeping bag which kind of wakes him but not fully just enough to wake me to move him around :dohh: Cant wait for the clocks to change as the light is waking Mogster despite his room being pitch black with blackout blind and lining.

Its lovely when theyre sitting as you can play so differently, Jack and Mogster play cars together and bathtime is less harsh on my back as he barely needs a hand at all, means I can play with them rather than have a spare hand for him all the time. Still wish OH were home in the week but getting on with it, have movers coming to guestimate boxes required etc end of this week or beginning of next week - got an email today saying theyre coming Monday 18th Feb :wacko: 18th is a friday in March and Feb and only Monday in April and we would hope to have moved by 18 April....

How are you enjoying Mummyhood these days Pip? Will you be returning to work in the summer?

Hi :hugs:

Ive read through the last few pages but cant remember already... :dohh: I apologise if i miss a load.....

Moggy - :happydance: for neen and olly. Heres a massive :hugs: as hubby isnt home. Can you do me a favour...i need a sand/water table...preferably one with a cover which is waterproof....but dont want to spend a lot as we dont get good weather...but dont want a crappy one either. Willing to do 2nd hand if its decent....but postage may make it expensive. :shrug: Thought you'd like a misson to complete :haha:

Pip - For you.....
What time are they getting up?
Has been earlier but 6.30am more often than not.

What time are they going to bed?
7.30ish sometimes later if hubby is in charge lol

Is this pretty regular?
Pretty much yes.

How many naps do they have and how long for?
Usually 3 but sometimes 4...depends on how early the 1st on is really and if we're out. They generally last for 30 mins or so.

Brig - Glad miss p is on the mend :thumbup:

Lia - I want to see a pic of the hair too :thumbup:

Yas - maybe it was a bug.....jac/myself and hubby have come down with it over the weekend. Its rife in schools around here at the mo :shrug:

Lydia - Hia hun...im sure i had somethign to say but cant remember :blush:

Ann - You ok...you're quiet hun :hugs:

Hasnt been too good here....Jac came down with a bug thursday night, i came down with it saturday night and hubby last night. No sign of Ana having it so crossing everything she doesnt. Otherwise all is good. Hubby finishes work tomorrow and then off till he starts his new job next week. It'll be nice spending some time together. :happydance:

Im sure i had something else to say...but my brain has also gone down the toilet it seems :haha:

xx

Ive remembered :happydance:

Teeth....

Ana - has none...convinced there was one coming thorugh a month or so ago...but no :dohh: But i think a bottom front one is on its way.

Jac - is 22.5 months old and has just had the 13th tooth break through...theyve come in the normal order except for the last one of the front bottom 4...he had 2 of the molars before that one appeared before xmas. I think the bottom canine is on tis way soon too.....

:hugs:

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Prod..._2/2|14417629|Sand+pits+and+sand|14417885.htm

this is the cheapest option but ebay has this one...

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chad-Valley-...oys_Games_Outdoor_Toys_ET&hash=item5642f42a80

If you can wait I would suggest waiting and watching argos as they have deals that come up every so often before the summer and you can get the good ones with the lids that flip up. The best one for being water tight is the elc one :) Would sell ours but Mogster loves it as we fill it with bubbles and a little bit of water, we have a separate sandpit for sand.

How are you enjoying Mummyhood these days Pip? Will you be returning to work in the summer?

I absolutely love it and I am still amazed at how much I love this little person. I mean I knew I was going to love him lots, but you don't quite realise just how deep this love could be if that makes sense.

As for work: I really don't know yet and I am trying not to think about it too much yet either as the thought of being without him or leaving him somewhere is making me sad. He does so many things these days and I love being able to experience them all with him, I'd hate to think I'd be losing out on some of these special moments.

You decided to take some time away from work after having Mogster, didn't you? What are your plans workwise for the future?

I have til just before Jacks third birthday to give them my return date, although I may ask for a fortnight unpaid leave straight away to cover the gap before he starts pre-school...probs will go back part-time but will mean a slight step back as cant really do my job as was part time but could do something similar just less stress! Might get lucky and find a job share tho...

Pip I know folks who have gone either way and whilst both have regrets and things they wish they had done they wouldnt change the decision to return same as I would change mine to have stayed away.

Catch up more later :hugs:

Claire - sorry to hear you are all a bit poorly - but will be lovely to have some time with your OH!!! :thumbup:

Moggy - we'd have to move to Lancaster as thats the only fully funded / paying one he has come across that is his area :dohh: its odd as I always wanted to stay in Lancaster but now I'm settling here :shrug: Great news about Neen and Olly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

Brig - so glad Miss P is on the mend - and clever lady she is - I keep trying to tell Ash that Dylan doesn't know he's "DADADADADADADA" but he won't believe me. Especially as he rolled over on Sunday morning and Dylan looked up at him and said "DaD" lol.

Pip - S sounds to be doing fab. We are really enjoying BLW too - Dylan actually ate quite a bit at the weekend. The nappies almost made me regret it :haha:!!! Book should be with you by Wednesday btw!

In terms of returning to work I am in limbo myself now - caught up with a colleague today who has come onto maternity leave (her LO is 8 weeks!!! :cloud9:) and it was weird to think I won't be going back there. But she has all the stress of the restructure now and I am glad that I have taken voluntary redundancy.

Oops Dyltastic is looking tired, going to get him off to bed! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Moggy - I didnt expect you to sell your hun...moglet wants to play with it eventually :thumbup: The cheaper one is out of stock till May....so may plug for this one on ebay as it looks like the cover goes over the sides :shrug:
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170614049810&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
or the elc one which will be £41 posted ..will probably get money back on that one down the line though...what do you think....
I want one sooner rather than later as Jac soooo wants to play outside and since we dont have grass i cant leave him to play on the slide while im in the kitchen just incase he hurts himself.....and i know this'll be a hit as hes constantly wanting to play with water in the bathroom sink :dohh:

Lia - Thanks hun :hugs: It is noce to have him home but reality next week as he'll be doing more awkward and longer hours too ( even nights on rota!)

Anas nappies have been many and horrible today so i hope that is it and shes not having this bug....shes had a few grumbles before bed and didnt finish her milk so only time will tell....cross fingers.....

xxx

if he wants water have you tried giving him a baby bath with some water/bubbles in? Or a washing up bowl....Mogster would happily play for hours - even now - with a bucket of water and a paint brush...painting things :haha:

If the other one is nearly £30 then I would definitely go for the elc one as it will hold its value down the line - the pinky ones hold less value...

if he wants water have you tried giving him a baby bath with some water/bubbles in? Or a washing up bowl....Mogster would happily play for hours - even now - with a bucket of water and a paint brush...painting things :haha:

If the other one is nearly £30 then I would definitely go for the elc one as it will hold its value down the line - the pinky ones hold less value...

No i havent...im not sure i coudl trust him with a more moveable object holding water....may use your trick if i cant decide though (he would defo be soaked hten lol).

I agree that elc may be the best option.....and i know both will use it for a good few years and still get soemthign back down the line.

Thanks hun
:hugs:
x

Hi all. I'm good thanks Claire. I guess it's just hit home that my maternity is nearly over so am trying to make the most of my time with Harry. It makes me want to cry when I think about leaving him. :(

I can't copy and paste as am on my phone but...

H was waking around 7-8am but recently he's been waking at 6.30 or earlier. Depending on when he last fed (he usually wakes once in the night) I give him a boob.

He'll then go 2 hours before his nap which will be anything from 30 mins to an hour and a half. Then he has another nap after 2 hours and so on. He usually has 3 naps a day the last one being at 4 pm. Then bedtime is 6.15pm and dream feed between 10 and 11pm.

Teeth wise, H currently has 5 and number 6 is almost through. Harry sometimes bites. I was told to try not to scream but firmly say no and end the feed. Apparently screaming can result in a nursing strike. H cut me the other day and it got infected, then I got a blocked duct from favouring the other side. Not fun.

Hope everyone and all the babies are feeling better. Brigitte, that's great news that P is better and talking already!

H enjoys screaming at the moment. Not in an angry way, he just enjoys it but it's a tad embarrassing! He is sitting up now too.

Well I am on the sofa tonight as my cold is keeping me and my dh awake. Fx for a good night tonight as I really need it. I felt awful this morning.

Love to all x

Can I please have your opinions on nursery vs childminder please BumpsNFlushies?? Have appointments to see three nurseries- VERY keen on one as it's linked with a montessori nursery (which starts at age 2) similar theme etc, open to babywearing/cloth nappies/attached ideas. However, lots of my friends use childminders which are certainly cheaper but i'm not sure.

Opinions please x

Yas - Personally i prefer a nursery as there so much more scheduled stuff they do, variation in toys activites and a lot more children/adults to mingle with. Which i think helps them get used to different people and kids before school and encourages confidence i think.
Childminders are also great but i think it comes down to preference, and also money. The problem with childminders is that the good ones are usually pre booked up because i had initially planned for Jac to go to a lady i know...but i was far too late in asking. Saying that im glad hes gone to nursery even though its costing us a fortune....more so when im back in work end of April.
We may even have to re-evaluate and see if its worth me working with 2 in nursey :hugs:
Oh...when i picked a nursery i picked one which wasnt huge either...i didnt want Jac to get lost in the background iykwim. So hes in one of the smaller nursery places around here, but probably the bigest run one as there is a sister nursery 10 times bigger 20 mins up the road...so i know its well run.

xx

Quickie as I have a poorly baby... (we're thinking its clucking pox...)

Yas - I went to a Montessori school when I was teeny, best start to my education ever, I went on to primary school way ahead of classmates, really creative, confident, sociable and wanting to learn. I don't know how much of this was me/my mother's influence, but she thinks that it was brilliant.

Ann - big hugs hun, I hope you're feeling better after a bit of a miserable phase with the boobs/end of mat leave.

Will catch up better later lovelies x

Yas, I haven't really given it too much thought just yet, but I think I personally prefer a nursery as there is more interaction with others and I would also think learning is more scheduled if that makes sense. Although I do think it comes down to personal preference and what one can afford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->