Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

:) Mogster dressed up as a pirate with the rest of the nursery class, they did a lovely singsong rendition of "what shall we do with the drunken sailor" when we went to collect them and then asked us to put our change in the pot for comic relief. Was very cute and make me wish I didnt have to take him out of that school :cry: Also found out from OH who got home a little while ago after boys were in bed that he will be doing a residential course AWAY during MAY/JUNE/JULY :grrr: Surprise surprise I was not best pleased :gun:

Happier note is that we are due some sun tomorrow so we have a day of garden planned, cleaning the playhouse and climbing frame is first up, then a trip to farmers market followed bu playing in the garden then lunch, we might try some water painting in the afternoon as its always good fun and you can paint your shadow after lunch - love doing that!!!

Loving the sandpit news Claire, defo a good buy and they will both enjoy it.

Hubby is picking up the bubble car on monday :) and next week is home thurs/fri/sat/sun nights after some clever meeting shuffling :)

Hope mogster can manage up the sliming frame ^^ lol :haha:

Sorry couldnt resist :blush: even though im the worst for typos lol

Gutted on hubbys course...i would be upset too :hugs: on a good note mogster must have looked cute and you have a great day planned for tomorrow. Enjoy:hugs::hugs:

Xx

^^edit sorted :thubmup:

Course frustrating but at least he is staying in UK! Worst case scenario at the moment is only Cyprus so should think myself lucky really.

I thought cleaning the sliming frame was deliberate and I laughed!!:dohh:

Thats really rubbish about the course, I'd be cross too, well done for looking at the positive side of it being in the uk, you're very good at that Moggy, always looking for the good bit in things, all of you guys are actually good at that :cloud9:

How cute - I hope you got some pics of the little pirate!!

Hope you're all out enjoying this lovely weather! MIL is taking J out for a walk later so I can go and do something nice for an hour or so, I might try and squeeze in a quick ride, at least the horse doesn't mind being snotted on (or I could ride with tissues stuffed up my nose like I sported to bed last night :blush:)

Hi Ladies!

Seriously Moggy, I don't blame you for being upset. I could never spend so much time away from hubby. And on the days that Peyton is being a little bum I am so happy when he's home at 6. so big BIG hugs to you!

Claire: Happy to hear you're all feeling better!

Lydia: I can't believe J has the chicken pox already at her age. Do you have any idea where she may have got them? Hope she is back to herself soon!

So as some of you ladies saw I decided to have a day out with miss Peyton and my friend Kate. We went shopping out of town and I spent way too much money! lol But I got a bunch of summer clothes for P so that's great. I want to go back soon though...I feel like it was a little too rushed. I think next time hubby will want to come.

So as you can tell we are feeling better here. I still have a tiny bit of a cough but otherwise I'm fine. As for P, still not sure if it was roseola or just teething. MIL says apparently Nathan and his brother had a fever, rash and then cut teeth when they were babies. And last week Peyton cut her left bottom tooth right at the end of the rash...
Also we got her 6 month shots last week so now we are good till 12 months!

Not much going on here, just relaxing today, not sure what was up but Peyton was awake for a better part of the night. ugggh! And after supper we're heading over to a friends house for a little visit.

Hope everything is well with everyone!

xo

Lydia poor J. I hope she's not suffering too much with it.

Moggy I really feel for you. I can't believe he now has a residential course to go on after already being away so much! What job does he do again?

Brigitte, I am so glad Peyton is feeling better. Yey to her tooth coming through. I have to say I am very jealous of your shopping spree. I can't wait to put Harry in little shorts etc. Roll on summer!

Claire I honestly you and Ana get over your colds quickly.

Sorry had to cut my post short as my phone was playing up.

Hi Pip, the others have already answered but yep you accrue a minimum of 28 days pro rata whilst being on maternity leave at your usual rate of pay.... or so I believe!

I have been looking in to the possibility of maybe selling Usbourne books as well as the jewellery instead of finding a job. It's just so hard to know though whether that will be enough. I have a job interview on Wednesday but I am not sure whether the money is enough. Still it will be good practice if nothing else.

We're having a lovely day today in the sun. We have had our first family photo shoot and I think he got some good ones so I can't wait to see them. Now dh and I are working on the garden whilst Harry plays in his doughnut. I have been dreaming of days like today ever since I found out I was pregnant.

We have decided to go ahead and move a wall upstairs which means we will end up with three decent sized bedrooms as opposed to our current two massive rooms and what is essentially just a cupboard. I am so excited! We are then going to save up and knock through between our living room and dining room to create one big one. It means we won't have to move for years! Happy days. X

Does anyone know if the holidays and bank holidays that you accrue during your ML are calculated based on your normal salary or on SMP? :shrug:

Normal - bonus is that you accrue at your current status (ie if you were full time when you left, you accrue hols at the full time rate) even if you will be going back part time when you eventually go back. Helped me :haha:

I am hoping to get S some classic children's books. Any recommendations, ladies? :coffee:

Had a brief glance at the other recommendations and we have a few of those, all good lol! We also like the "That's Not My....." series of books, one of the books we got from bookstart from the HV https://www.amazon.co.uk/This-Littl...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1300552010&sr=1-1, ooh and any lift the flap books he lurves (ie Dear Zoo type stuff!). Can't think :haha:

:hugs: to all just a quickie!

Hi everyone!

Ann - Glad you had a :cloud9: day!!! We'll look forward to the photos!!

Brig - J gets really red red cheeks when she's teething. We think she got the pox from her cousin, who she was playing with before his spots came out. Oh well, like the others have said, its better to get it over and done with! Glad all the vaccs are over and done with for 6 months!

I had a lovely day in the sun, brilliant ride and now J is snoozing, so guess what I just made (and ate half of already)....?!!

AD - whoop whoop!!

Do you know, I think we have some in the cupboard... *scampers off to check whilst slightly peeing her pants in excitement*

hope the AD was worth the damp undies :haha:

Hubby is airforce so at the moment am just glad he is in UK...

Well I found the ad in the cupboard but guess what.. randomly my dh surprised me with some! Gotta love that man!

Evening ladies,

Just a quick one to report that S has cut his first tooth today. :happydance:
Looks like he has sneakily cut it as we didn't really expect it at all and you can only see it ever so slightly. :cloud9:

How is everyone else?

K cut his first one yesterday! It took me by surprise, too- a sneaky bite and it really hurt! Just a sharp bit sticking out. It explains last weeks horrendous diarrohea..x

Awwwe!! haha! What's with all the babies cutting teeth lately?? :)

Yay teeths! No teeth here but kinda hoping they won't come as I love his gummy grin haha! His dad didn't get his til he was pretty old so not expecting any here for a while!

He is driving me crackers getting everywhere though, he's pushing his wheely pusher thing around the room at breakneck pace as I type and there are clearly going to be more bruises on the way :wacko:

:hugs:

Yas / Pip - :happydance::happydance: For 1st tooth.

Lia - The bruises dont go away :nope: Jac is nearly 2 and he scrapes stuuff and bumps stuff all the time :dohh: Oh...i think boys are worse for climbing and stuff too....

No teeth here either.....dont know if we'll get somethign this week as we've had 2 days of horrendous nappies here too and a mega bout of crying on Monday night...totally unexplainable :shrug: Hubby was a late teether and Jac didnt get anything till after 9 months old...so who knows..time will tell....and im rubbish with predicting/feeling teeth :blush:

All ok here....except hubby already hates his new job poor thing :cry: I think he knows he had to sacrifice to make long term gains with the work he wants to do but its not what he expected either poor thing. I hope he settles down after getting to know a few people.

xx

Woohoo to all of the teeth! J still just has the bottom two, but boy are they sharp....

She's moving further and further around (wriggling), we've got to get a big rug for our sitting room as the tiled floor (old and rough) isn't proving to be very baby friendly!

Oh dear Claire, I hope it starts to get better for him asap, thats rubbish.

Hope you're all enjoying the sunshine! Can anyone recommend a UV tent thing for the garden/beach etc? Also, we need a thin sunhat/bonnet, preferably white/grey etc, the one she's got is turquoise and red, so clashes with rather a lot!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->