Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

once they get to 7/8 months they do cut down what BF they take in the day so you could poss get away with feed before work, one when you get home and one before bed so potentially thats only one other boob feed he misses after lunch, how does he do with a cup? Would he accept a cup of milk (sippy cup or even doidy cup?

Fingers crossed the jewellry takes off sufficiently to keep you home with Harry :)

Ann: Peyton has never been a big fan of the bottle either and lately I have been trying to get her to take a sippy cup and she wants nothing to do with it...it has to be either a cup or a cup and straw:shrug:
I'm not sure how to get Harry to take a cup instead of the boob though...although Peyton LOVES her solids she still nurses about 6 times a day. I guess I'm not help:blush:

But like moggy said, hopefully it end up that you can stay at home!

Ladies,

Sorry I have been quite, but we have been enjoying the weather and just generally been busy.

Can't believe that some of you are already due to return to work so soon. I am still in denial and don't really want to think about it just yet. Fingers crossed we'll manage financially and I don't have to return too soon.

We went shopping yesterday and I bought such a lovely dress and shoes - and they were 20% off. Yay! Do you want to see them?

https://www.dorothyperkins.com/weba...d=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=ditsy&pageSize=20

https://www.dorothyperkins.com/weba...hTerm=coral&pageSize=20&refinements=category~

Also, I just thought I'd let you know in case you haven't seen it. The Daily Mirror are giving away free Mr Men books with the paper, to be collected from Morrisons. There are 8 in total to collect. We got our first one today and it's lovely.
https://blogs.mirror.co.uk/promotions/2011/04/free-mr-men-and-little-miss-bo.html

Happy Mothers Day all of you lovely Mummies, you're all amazing! xxx

Pip you reminded me that my little nephew was asking me to read him Mr Boobie from the Mr Men series! Both my sister and I struggled to keep a straight face whilst she told him off!

He's not great with a cup. The best result I have had is with a TT cup with a hard plastic spout but even then he really just chews it and occasionally takes some water by accident! I have been having nightmares about leaving him stranded and him crying all day without his beloved boob. How I would concentrate on a new job with that fear sitting in my head I have no idea.

Today we have seen a massive change in Harry. Suddenly he looks like he is trying to crawl and he spins himself round and round in circles! Also he's trying to talk. I wonder if this is why his eating and sleeping have been bad recently. Maybe there was too much going on in his head.

Yas, sorry to hear you are worried about K loosing weight. We are having the opposite problem as Harry is refusing to take solids from me so I am having to try BLW. I am so worried that he is not eating enough as apparently breast milk is not enough at this age but I can't force feed the boy. Are you going to try TW?

Still no sign of the photos we had done weeks ago. We were promised them last Saturday.

My sister and I have a stand at a baby fayre in South London this weekend! Fingers crossed we make a mint and I can convince dh that the business is enough!

X

F&C, great news on Harry trying to talk and crawl. :thumbup:

I have read that the main source of LO's nutrients is still milk until 12 months. S is getting on well with the BLW although he is not really "eating" lots just yet. He gums and chews everything though and I can see in his nappy that he does swallow bits. But most of his intake is still milk. And when he was weighed today, the HV was very happy with his weight gain.

As for your bottle problem: Have you looked at the Medela Calma bottle? S never got on with it as he knew how to use a bottle, but they are supposed to work like a boobie.

We had our 8 month examination today. HV was happy with his weight and progress in general. His pincer grip is coming along nicely, I didn't really notice it too much until today as I keep small things away from him as much as I can, but she was impressed with it. :thumbup: S just enjoyed sitting on the floor playing with toys while people were talking about him. :cloud9:

Thanks Pip that is good to know. Very reassuring. Harry is pretty good with BLW. The only issue is that he keeps biting bits off and either choking on them or sitting with the bits in his mouth until I fish them out! I still think it's the way to go though.

I have tried so many bottles and teats but I haven't heard of that one. I will have a look in to it tomorrow. Thanks x

Hello... :kiss:

Hope all you lovelies are well...and the little (or not so little :haha:) bundles of joy too :thumbup:

I seem to be really busy but nothing to show for it :dohh: At the moment all my focus is on work...both hubbys and mine. Job hunting for him every chance i get...and also lookign for me too as i dont want to go back to my old job...even though i probably have to even though if its for a while.

My plan has been to go and study nursing full time as soon as at least jac is in school full time. But im thinking why wait to change.....so may go for the healthcare assistant route for now and see if i would like it. It means less money...but then again maybe not as i would probably end up with less childcare costs and more tax credits help...who knows. I may wait it out till hubby has moved to a different job so i know what my capabilities are hours
wise iykwim.
Still considering all options....and need to recheck what entitlement i get as a student.

Moggy - Not long now hun.....so you'll be
closer to your 'growing up' home in bristol...and family?

Yas - Good luck on the childcare hunt
:thumbup:

Pip/Ann/Lydia/Brig/Lia- :hugs:

xxx

Hi ladies! Boy, its quiet in here!

I hope you're all well and all little ones (and slightly bigger ones!) are happy!

Claie, you will make a wonderful nurse, how exciting! Definitely check out all of the options, the sooner you can start the sooner you can get qualified etc. I really need to look into whether I get anything to help now I've started working, I'm guessing the gov website is best place to start? I'm not sure I'll get anything as DH is still earning an ok wage, I'll only be working about 14 hours a week though.

Moggy doesn't have the internet at the moment and is surrounded in boxes, moving today and tomorrow I think.

Brig, how is hubby? I hope he's getting better so you and Peyton can go home soon.

How is everyone else? Nursery hunt go well Yas?

We're well here, just really busy with daily life/trying to do some work to earn some money! We're having a night away on Tuesday for DH's birthday, meal in London, seeing some friends and doing some shopping (both of our birthday presents to each other are new clothes!). J is desperate to crawl, she's getting so frustrated that she can only turn in circles!

Anyway, will look forward to hearing how you all are xxx

Hi lovely ladies!!

Claire, I agree that you would make a great nurse!

I am still non the wiser as to what I am going to do work wise. Fingers crossed something will land in my lap soon! x

Aww, Ann, something will land in your lap soon I'm sure! How is the jewellery going?

How many teeth does Harry have now? J got her bottom two and then a top one, but I think its the third across? I think a top middle is peeking through too now. She is also still refusing anything spoon fed, she's an independent little madam, just wants to do it on her own! Shame she turns her nose up at things like broccoli, she just wants bread and meat!!

We are quite busy actually but not enough to bring in the money we need as we don't make much per piece. We need to advertise etc but it costs so much.

Harry still has 7 teeth. He's been fussing a lot recently so I am not sure if the next one is on it's way or not.

How is J coping with the teething? Harry often refuses the spoon but he is getting better thankfully!

She's actually fine with the teething so far, a bit grizzly and very drooly, but apart from that it hasn't bothered her too much.

Today though I'm not sure if she's 100%, we've had a lot of dirty nappies (far more than usual) over the last two days, which are gradually getting lighter in colour, I'm not sure what this means? She's also not had as much milk as usual today, certainly not little enough to be worrying too much, but usually she's a greedy little munchkin.

Ann, do you sell on Folksy? I don't think it costs much, if anything, to sell on there, it could be worth a try? Also, have you approached your NCT group to do one meet-up or something, taking prints etc, someone did one in clay at ours and it was really popular apparently (just at one of the coffee mornings). I'm sure you've thought of all of this already though!

Umm not sure what the lighter poos could mean. Generally when Harry is off colour he will only want milk and his poos will go back to their former runny glory! Hope J is ok and goes back to her lovely self soon.

All my poor NCT friends have pendants from us but we are planning on putting an ad in one of their magazines soon. Fingers crossed that should drum up some business.

X

Thanks both :hugs:

Its very quiet here...:coffee: i reckon moggy keeps us as one and when shes busy i think we all wonder off.......:blush:

Maybe its time to just interac on FB, but we need pip on there though.....

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->