Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

:hi: all,

Nice to see you all popping by again. :hugs:

Moggy, I love your new avatar. How cute are those two?

Just a quick question before I'm off to bed. We are still using S's 1st car seat and probably will for a bit longer, but I wanted to start looking into the next one after this. Has anyone got theirs yet? Moggy and Claire, what did you get for your 1st babies? Yas, do I remember you buying one some time ago?

F&C, great news on H crawling. :thumbup:

S is the same. He seems to get increasingly frustrated by the fact that he moves fastest backwards or on his bum. But yesterday and today he has started using his knees to go forward, so fingers crossed...

And here are two pictures of our wee man taken today...

https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/SElephant.jpg

https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/SSweetcorn.jpg

Pip he's just GORGEOUS :cloud9:

Yes K went into the next car seat at 7 months, he was the right height and weight. I had to buy three- one for G's car, one for my dads, and one for my friend E who used to look after him on Fridays- VERY expensive!

I got two Maxi Cosi Priori XPs which are fab, can't fault them at all, and one Maxi Cosi Axiss- it's the same as the Priori BUT it turns to face you, which is amaaaaaazing, no bending into the car, banging heads on doors etc. It was sooooooooooo worth the extra money, every single penny.

Amazon have it on special offer at the mo https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maxi-Cosi-...T4D8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305180678&sr=8-1

Brig we have the Bebe Confort Iseos TT - its fab and cos its isofix its really easy to fit. We used it for Mogster and Jack has been in it a little while - he is so tall that he was scrunching his legs in the seat yet the seat would take him up to 13kg :shock: We have used Bebe Confort carseats all along with our two as they suit us very well. Shame they dont sell them any more, think a few have been adopted into Maxi Cosi but not the Iseos :nope: The Axiss is a similar seat but where the Iseos adjusts in width and recline for a slim bubba the Axiss spins to help the parent putting the child in. As our boys are both v slim the width thing is important for us to get the fit right. When we bought it for Mogster the Axiss was too wide that he wasnt a safe as in the Iseos. Amazing how different all our babies are as the Axiss sounds like it suits K and Yas perfectly. Not sure if you can get Bebe Confort in Canada?

https://bebeconfort.com/Products/Car-seats/Toddler/Iseos-TT.aspx

Moggy, did Brig ask about car seats too or are you replying to my post?

sorry Pip got mixed up :wacko:

Don't worry about it. :flower:

The two Yas has were the ones that I already had a quick look at, yours sounds interesting though with the width as S is quite slim too. Is Bebe Confort and Maxi-Cosi the same brand?

How much did you all pay for yours?

F&C, why were you up at that time? Shouldn't you have been :sleep:?

Pip they are both owned by parent company Dorel and Bebe Confort is now more of their european arm as the UK stuff has been rebranded as Maxi-Cosi :shrug:

We tried the iseos and the axiss and went for the iseos over the axiss for the width thing and because it really isnt that much improvement for us to spin the seat as we still have to stoop to the height of the carseat in the car so bending in doesnt bother us...depends on the person putting child ins prefernce I guess.

You would be welcome to try our seat if you were nearby....or ask away and if I can will answer :)

Think we paid about £180 in 2007 - extra cos its isofix

Ok ladies...I'm freaking out!!! I am about 6-7 days late for my period. UGH!!!! I finally got my period back in February. And then 27 days later got it in March and then 24 days after in April. Before pregnancy my cycle was about 19-30 days...and now I am on cycle day 36. WTF?? I think I will take a test but I'm super scared!!

Brig, good luck with the test. May it bring you whatever result you are hoping for. :hugs: Sorry if it is too personal, but did you use any protection?

On the phone so a quicky lol

Brig- i 2nd Pips response :hugs:

Pip- Maxi cosi axiss for me too...i looooove it...i find it easier to put them in the car no matter what size they are...it was also a godsend when i was preggers but i still love it:thumbup: had mine for 16 months or so now.

X

My friend has a v.slim baby and has the axiss too and its not a problem for her (I asked!!!)... but there are boosters if it's really important? I just love it cos it really saves my back!!

Brig... good luck whatever you're hoping for... JUST DO A TEST :hugs: i'd LOVE to be preggo right now. G says in a few years maybe.

I thought G had said No so that is definite progress, you guys seems to be much more settled.

OH had his snip in November and we should get his final all clear any day.....we had to do the test thing earlier in the week, it turned out to be a UTI so no stressing over what we would have done....

Jackster finally has his own room and will be going in there tonight....wish us luck :)

Brig I hope you get the result you want in your heart and head and that they are one and the same. Big loves coming your way :kiss:

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is he sharing with S??

Yep definite progress, things are fab at the mo, even vaguely talking about moving in together in the summer when I move... :blush:

My goodness! Brigitte, just like the others have said I really hope you get the result you want.

Pip, I was feeding the rascal! Usually it's once a night.

Yas - he has his own room. He did have in our old house but he never went in it as we set it up as spare room for the house sale then we kept him in with us as with OH away and a night feed it was easier to have him next to the bed, then we were moving so we decided to keep him with us rather than settle him into his own room then move and have him chopping and changing around. First room to do when we got here was Mogsters room, second was Jacks, he is in there now and has been sparko since about 7.20pm....Im hoping after 6am but anything after 5.30 is a win imo...

Fab news about you and G, will you be nearer to where his place is once you go up to Herts? I remember you saying his to yours was a fair old trek. How did the house hunt go for your and K's new place?

Any news yet Brig? :hugs:

Good luck then, here's hoping! I'm hating these early starts, i'm getting the thickest blackout blinds AND curtains ever for K's new bedroom :rofl:

Viewed a few properties today, nothing grabbed me, got some more viewings tomorrow- including one i'm really keen on that really calls to me... it ticks my boxes in every way except for one thing... concrete back garden :sigh:

It'll be much closer to G- not in miles (it's 13 to here from his, and it'll be 30 to Hatfield) but it takes him less than half the time cos he wont have to go through London which is GREAT. x

Went to have a quick look at some car seats today. Tried out the Axiss, which seems nice. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be anyone nearby stocking the Bebe Confort, where we could try it. :nope:

How much did you ladies pay for your Axiss?

Mine was £100 in the amazon boxing day sale :happydance:

I've never seen them anywhere for less than £170 since then though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->