Buying stuff?

Pixxie

Mum to 1 little girl
Reaction score
If you saw a bargain of something you would definitely need that you could easily store away would you get it? :shrug: I'm not sure if this makes me a crazy lady lol

Do it. Although we're actively TTC (for 14 months) I had the same thought recently. We have a spare room, plenty of storage space, and frankly im ok with storing everything until we can use it. If it turns out we'll never be able to use it, it can always be sold !

We will be cloth nappying you see, so if I see a bargain lot of nappies I don't see the harm? They will definitely be used, there will be a baby soonish... Wasn't sure if I was jumping the gun a bit :haha: Money is tight though and spacing everything out and grabbing bargains when we can seems good, it's not like I'm buying a travel system or anything!

Especially when money is tight, if you can find what you know is a great deal, i suggest going for it.

I want to cloth diaper this time as well but i get so frustrated with people trying to sell their diapers at like $17 when it costs $20 new !

I know, and when a newborn needs at least 20 nappies... its a bit outlay all at once. Although it works out cheaper than disposables in the long run with them it only costs you a few quid a week.

It doesn't make you crazy at all! I found some super cheap baby blankets at a garage sale (with the tags still on, no less) and made my dh buy them :)

Oh good its not just me then! :haha:

Lol, that's funny. I don't feel so baby crazy now ;)

I think we're all just equally baby crazy which makes it seem like it's normal :rofl:

Do your partners know you buy stuff or do you have a secret hoard? I don't think my OH would approve until I was pregnant!

Lol, my OH drags half the stuff in :haha: If we have another girl I won't need to buy anything but diapers. If we have a boy I will need a few outfits and thats it. Possibly an infant carseat as DDs old one has a lot of pink on it. ;) but in a pinch I would use it.

Got 11 newborn nappy wraps for £6.20, bargain! Now, where to hide them... :haha:

I was buying 3 years before LO was born and I'm still picking up stuff for when hes older. I have yet to running out of clothes or toys for my LO yet:happydance:
I have clothes up to size 4
heres a picture of los room before he was born (there are more boxes behind and under the crib)
https://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m84/zack_the_dog/Baby%20room/DSCN1113.jpg

Mouse that's a serious addiction :haha: xx

Wow mouse! I love the tent/netting on your crib. Where ya get something like that. ;)

Btw the toy thing, my lo still has new unopened toys stashed as well ;) although not as many as mouse :haha:

HAHA my DH knows im planning on buying stuff. I think he's hesitant for all the right reasons, but as ive rationalized we can always sell anything we dont need, use, or if we end up not actually getting pregnant. It just seems easier to prepare and then not need anything than to wind up buying everything anyway at twice the price (than when found on sale elsewhere)

I see loads id love to buy but my oh would have a heart attack if i actually did!! Im hoping to fall pregnant this spring/summer so fingers x i dont have to wait long

Wow mouse! I love the tent/netting on your crib. Where ya get something like that. ;)
ebay its a tots in mind crib tent. Works great at keeping the cats out.

I know I have a serious problem:blush: its much worse now :haha:
Most of the clothes is second hand from secondhand stores and other moms so it only costs 1/10 of retail prices so OH is happy :happydance:
I already have most of LO birthday and Christmas gifts bought.:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->