C-Section Scar

Kunama

Mummy to 3 Princesses
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I had to have a C-Section with my first LO but went on to have a natural delivery with my second. I was monitored throughout my pregnancy as they had to keep an eye on my scar as there was a risk it would tear in labour. In the end everything was fine, no problems at all. This time around I have been having 'ripping' pains along my scar on the inside when I lift things or cough. I have had a couple of occasions where I have been curled up on the sofa for a time and when I stand up the pain in my scar leaves me on the floor. I have found that if I get up and unfold myself slowly, or hold my tummy when I cough I don't get the pain. I didn't say anything at my last midwife visit but I'm starting to worry this will mean I won't be able to have a natural delivery.:cry: I'm being monitored again with bump but I'm not seeing the consultent or the midwife untill May. I don't understand how I went through one pregnacy with it all being fine and not this time. Do you think it could just be where my muscles are stretching and relaxing? Has anyone else experienced this?

awe hun i'm sorry your having pains with your scar. My c section scar is JUST a year old..and i'm 20wks pregnant and mine doesnt bother me....other then it's really itchy. My doctor will not let me have a vaginal delievery b/c of medical reasons but also b/c she said she's seen lots of scars tear during vbac so she's not very pro vabac.

I'm sure if you had a vaginal delievery afterwards that you will be able to again. how long ago was your cscetion?

I'm terrified sometimes seeing it grow with my belly......I had my appendix out when i was pregnant with my frist and i was scared to Death that the incisions would tear...but they didnt thank god.

Good luck hun.

The risks of scar rupture are only 0.5% but having pains like that is not normal. It could just be adhesions breaking down, but it could be something else. It may be worth getting it checked out. I'd also suggest joining the ukvbachbac yahoo group, there are a lot of knowledgeable women and MWs on there who are more than happy to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->