cake making and baking - ALL WELCOME

And some more....

Mini Chocolate and Raspberry Cupcakes, next to the Cheese Wedding Cake
Thomas The Tank Engine for a 5th Birthday.

I've got hundreds more as well :)

Attachments

• cupcakes and cheese.jpg
    cupcakes and cheese.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Thomas Tank.jpg
    Thomas Tank.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 16
Hi Sue_88 welcome!!:flower:

Wow it must be amazing to do it as a business when you love doing it too. Do you have a Facebook page/website?

Do you do wedding cakes?

Xx

No, I don't have a page yet - when I decide to actually buy a bakery and take the business out of my home, I will start a website. However at the minute I rely soley on word of mouth, which works great for me as I already do 40 hours of work at my job & then up to 16 hours cakes throughout the week!

I have done two wedding cakes - one was a traditional 4 tier with different flavoured layers - very simple just white iced and ribbion. Then the 2nd was a small top tier and 50 handmade individual square cakes in boxes with ribbon. Very cute. (for the same wedding I also did 440 mini chocolate and raspberry cupcakes as dessert at the reception, and a CHEESE wedding cake)

All my photos are currently on my cake picture camera - I'll take some off and put some on here. :)

oo yes please would love to see some pics!

wow you must be very busy then! And really good at it to do so much purely through word of mouth.

I'm still so brand new to this, I've literally only made about 13 big cakes lol, but I've just had my first wedding cake order. I am really excited but also absolutely terrified lol! Thankfully it's from someone I know, in fact the rugby themed cake on the first page was for her, so I'm taking it as a massive compliment that she already knows what my cakes are like.

xx

Wow it must be amazing to do it as a business when you love doing it too. Do you have a Facebook page/website?

Do you do wedding cakes?

Xx

No, I don't have a page yet - when I decide to actually buy a bakery and take the business out of my home, I will start a website. However at the minute I rely soley on word of mouth, which works great for me as I already do 40 hours of work at my job & then up to 16 hours cakes throughout the week!

I have done two wedding cakes - one was a traditional 4 tier with different flavoured layers - very simple just white iced and ribbion. Then the 2nd was a small top tier and 50 handmade individual square cakes in boxes with ribbon. Very cute. (for the same wedding I also did 440 mini chocolate and raspberry cupcakes as dessert at the reception, and a CHEESE wedding cake)

All my photos are currently on my cake picture camera - I'll take some off and put some on here. :)

wow you must be very busy then! And really good at it to do so much purely through word of mouth.

I'm still so brand new to this, I've literally only made about 13 big cakes lol, but I've just had my first wedding cake order. I am really excited but also absolutely terrified lol! Thankfully it's from someone I know, in fact the rugby themed cake on the first page was for her, so I'm taking it as a massive compliment that she already knows what my cakes are like.

xx

Oooo good luck, I was very nervous also on my first wedding cake as I was recommended by another guest, but lucky they had very simple taste and it was amazing in the end.

Have fun with it :)

Hi Jenkins! what do you use for the icing to get the colours so clean and bright? I use coloured royal icing but it just looks dull and dirty!! Oh and by the way all the cakes are gorgeous!!!!!

Hi CormacksGirl :flower:

aww thanks :)

On the cupcakes it's buttecream coloured with Sugarflair paste colouring, on the big cakes I use ready to roll fondant again coloured with Sugarflair paste colours. Sorry, is that what you meant?

I'm yet to use royal icing, but I really want to use it soon.

:flower:

Threw these together today when a friend called to say she was coming over......

Luscious Lemon Meringue Cupcakes

Attachments

• Luscious Lemon Meringue Cupcakes.jpg
    Luscious Lemon Meringue Cupcakes.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 9

Do you do wedding cakes?

Xx

xx

Oooo good luck, I was very nervous also on my first wedding cake as I was recommended by another guest, but lucky they had very simple taste and it was amazing in the end.

Have fun with it :)

Think I was posting as you were adding your amazing pics!

I particularly love the allotment one, so much detail on there, and the colours on the 20th cake are gorgeous.

You're really talented.

xx

I would love to join in! I recently started out cake decorating too, and absolutely love it. I love all your cakes, alot of talent :flower:

1) handpiped buttercream flowers for a friends engagement
2) Cinderella cake - I'm not really happy with Cinderella with her clown makeup and man hands lol, but she was the first time I have done a fondant figure
3) dress cake made just for fun
4) more piped buttercream flowers for my aunty

Attachments

• 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 165.jpg
    165.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 45
  • 186.jpg
    186.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 116.jpg
    116.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 33
and some more

5) cute little dresses/tutus for a friends daughter
6) first time I have used isomalt. And yep, I got a really nasty burn, ouch
7) buttercream flowers for my mum
8) Alexia's first birthday cake

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 27
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 32
Some beautiful cakes here! What a great thread for inspiration for us all!

Sue and skc, your cakes are amazing.

Skc, how did you make the dresses/tutus? They are so cute?

I'm going to spend the morning revising tomorrow, and then I might bake and decorate a cake in the afternoon.

They are really easy! You need 2 different size circle cutters (large one needs to overhang the cupcake). Frill the edges and pop on top of a cupcake that has a large buttercream swirl on it. For the bodice part you need a heart shaped cutter, and take off the bottom point of the heart to make it flat and glue into place in a semi-circle. I embossed mine using a sugarveil mat. Hope that made sense :flower:

Hi Jenkins! what do you use for the icing to get the colours so clean and bright? I use coloured royal icing but it just looks dull and dirty!! Oh and by the way all the cakes are gorgeous!!!!!

Hi CormacksGirl :flower:

aww thanks :)

On the cupcakes it's buttecream coloured with Sugarflair paste colouring, on the big cakes I use ready to roll fondant again coloured with Sugarflair paste colours. Sorry, is that what you meant?

I'm yet to use royal icing, but I really want to use it soon.

:flower:

Thanks hun That's exactly what I was talking about, might try decorating a cake for Adams birthday!!!

Skc, thank you. That sounds simple enough. I never got round to making any cakes yesterday, so if I do do any today, I might have a go at them. Not sure if I have a heart cutter, I'm sure I can cut a heart free hand though. What do you glue it on with, a dab of icing?

I just used water, but royal icing would probably be better, I used a little CMC powder though in the heart though, which helped it stand up straight

these are just a few of the cakes ive made in the past, some of the cakes on here are AMAZING!!
2013-01-12 20.49.55.jpg

mickey mouse cake.jpg

P1010764.jpg

P1010572.jpg

Shell, I saw your daughters cake on the other thread, it's lovely and your cakes are fab!

I made this for my friends daughters 16th, which is tomorrow.

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e201/midori1999/F015F7B8-B102-49F3-BB07-F1C04F38F061-7296-000006F6FC5004D5.jpg

Shell and Midori, those cakes look really good.

Great looking cakes!!!

I wasn't cakey yesterday, did fruity scones instead! :)

I would love to join in! I recently started out cake decorating too, and absolutely love it. I love all your cakes, alot of talent :flower:

1) handpiped buttercream flowers for a friends engagement
2) Cinderella cake - I'm not really happy with Cinderella with her clown makeup and man hands lol, but she was the first time I have done a fondant figure
3) dress cake made just for fun
4) more piped buttercream flowers for my aunty
All your cakes are soooo amazing you are truly gifted!!

Oh wow, you guys are so talented!

Literally every cake on this thread made me go wow!

Skc22- the woodland house cake for your daughter's birthday, so so beautiful! How long did it take? Can you give any tips or tricks?

I made a few cakes last year, will find some pictures later. I am inspired to start again after this thread, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->