• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cake Making & Baking Group

Wow! Amazing cake nuttymummy!!! I wish I could do something like that.

u can sarah....just needs abit of practice....ive been doing them on and off since i was 13 (the odd one at school) and im still nowhere near any good....i see flaws in everything i do, but that just pushes u further to get it right. just try it.....you might be amazed at the results!

Thanks nuttymummy (sorry I don't know your name!) I'm thinking of making an anniversary cake for my parents 30th anniversary and was wondering if you had any tips...I was just on your facebook group and saw the cake for your mom and dads anniversary. How did you do the lettering, by hand or what? Also is that fondant on the cake?
Thanks...sorry for so many questions! :blush:

lol no prob....im Tracey!

your guna have to show me which one you mean....(i havnt made an anniversary cake for my mum n dad??!!) all my cakes are covered in fondant.....darent try buttercream just yet!!

which is the 30th anniversary....25 is silver....40 is ruby? so whats 30? i dont know these things! lol

sorry...I actually like the 25th Silver one, I hadn't seen that when I wrote you.

What type of fondant would you suggest I start with?

lol no prob.....theres so many to look at though isnt there....at one point i felt like a cake factory!! kicking out cakes like a machine!!

on the 25 cake...it was fondant covered in white, and the piping is by hand in royal icing.

well theres so many names for it....roll out fondant, sugarpaste etc.

i ahve no idea what they sell in canada, so cant really suggest a certain make....but have u heard of Renshaws Regal Ice? you might be able to get your hands on that.
you just knead it like you would with dough till its really pliable n slightly warmed by your hands, then just roll it out and pop it onto you cake!!! smoothing round with your hand as you go trying to 'iron' out any bumps

I've never heard of that before but I'll look into.

Thanks again for your help...I really appreciate it!!

Oh sorry one more question...do you have a recipe you use for fondant? If so could I have it, a "starter" recipe would be great!

Thanks! :hugs:

hiya, i dont have a recipe for fondant, i buy it in big packs because i do so many...(my nan used to make her own though and i think u need to add glycerine?) i never bothered making it....it looks to complicated!

however u can try making MMF....which is marshmallow fondant....i havnt made this myself either but its supposed to taste soooo much nicer!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m344aukHKxM

good luck!

Loving that cake tracey, it's amazing. I want to nose at more pics on your fb group, is it set to private or can I find it if I know what to search for?

My god tracey you are my new hero! Your Cakes are all amazing, i was looking through them all on bebo, thinking "oh, must mention how much i loventhat one"!

All the horror cakes are soooo fab! and the nightmare b4 xmas one is so cool! Oh and then there is oscar!

The list could go on! I am so glad we have you on here for advice when we are all making our LO's 1st birthday cakes! :hugs:

lyndsey....no its not private.....if u search T-Cakes under groups u should be ale to see a mint green n ivory wedding cake as the picture.

(one of my friends set up the group for me...i didnt choose the name T-Cakes!! it sounds so corny with my name being Tracey :rofl: and it wont let me change the name of the group!)

Thanks Andrea....i still have LOADS to learn yet! ive been teaching myself through trial and error....but it seems to be more error than anything else!! :rofl:

all the horror ones were for my brother....he loves horror movies and is a particular fan of freddy kruegar (as am i!!) the big horror cake with all the horror movies on it took AGES!! :rofl:

forgot to say andrea, did u make ur sig??? its the cutest thing ive ever seen!!

I'm making cakes for Caitlyn's party tomorrow but they won't be anything compared to these :rofl:

I'm making cakes for Caitlyn's party tomorrow but they won't be anything compared to these :rofl:

im sure theyll be just great!!
someone could make the most ugliest cake in the world....but if it tasted good, then nothing else matters!
m sure theyll look fantastic.....post some piccies when ur done!!!

WOW WOW WOW. You are so blinking talented!!! That burger looks amazing!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->