Cake Making & Baking Group

I want to bake...but i already have about 20 cupcakes and no one to eat them!

Wish I had someone to eat the stuff I bake too! I end up with 10 spare cupcakes and my OH doesnt eat them so I have to.. then get fat :cry:

omg i've never even thought of that :\ They'd get gobbled up really quickly.. fatty nurses :rofl:

My other half will eat the cappuccino ones but he doesn't like Devils Food cake ones as they are too rich for him.

Might have to give my Mum and teachers at her school some!

is it bad that ive just bought some cupcakes from a local shop to see how they compare to mine :blush: :rofl:

im gonna make some for OH work i think i fancy making some

jac will get rob to get tins out tonight as i cant bloody reach them xx

Hiya ladies, im planning on baking my step mum a birthday cake for saturday only her favourite cake is carrot...but iv never ever made one and hate the stuff myself lol
so i could really reallly do with any of yous help, does anyone have a tried an tested carrot cake recipe?
I know there are some online but i have no way of telling if there decent or not lol, and for mixing it - do i just do it like i would a normal sponge? :haha: im good at those!
:haha:
Thank you so much if any of you could help xxxxxxxxx

what are you all baking for easter?

SIL and I are arranging an easter egg hunt in her Garden so need to make an easter cake and maybe some cupcakes!

heres mine went down really well with my family :thumbup:

and you can always add cinnamon if you want

Carrot cakes

Ingredients

*1 lemon
*1 orange
*15ml/ 1 tbsp caster sugar
*225g/ 8oz butter
*225g/ 8oz soft light brown sugar
*4 eggs
*225g/8oz carrots grated
*115g/ 4oz sultanas
*225g/ 8oz self raising wholemeal flour
*5ml/ 1 tsp baking powder

Topping

*50g/ 2oz caster sugar
*1 egg white

Method

1. preheat oven to 180, lightly grease 8" loose based cake tin and line the base with a circle of greaseproof paper

2. finely grate the lemon and orange. Put about half the rind selecting the longest sgreds in a bowl and mix with the caster sugar. Arrange the sugar coated rind on a sheet of greaseproof paper and leave in a warm place to dry thoroughly.

3. cream the butter and sugar untill pale and fluffy. Add the eggs gradually, then beat well. Stir in the unsugared rinds and grated carrot, 30ml/ 2 tbsp orange uice and the sultanas.

4. Gradually fold in the flour and baking powder, and tip into the prepared tin. Bake for 1 1/2 hours until risen, golden and just firm.

5. Leave the cake to cool slightly in the tin then turn out on to a serving plate.

6. To make the topping place the caster sugar in a bowl over boiling water with 30ml/ 2 tbsp
of the remaining orange juice. stir over the heat until the sugar begins to dissolve. Remove from the heat add the egg white and salt and whisk for 1 minute with an electric beater.

7. Return to the heat and whisk for about 6 minutes untill the mixture become thick and glossy, holding a good shape. Allow to cool slightly, whisking frequently.

8. Swirl the cooked meringue topping over the cake and leave to firm up for 1 hour. To serve sprinkle with the sugared lemon and orange rind, which should now be dry and crumbly.

is it bad that ive just bought some cupcakes from a local shop to see how they compare to mine :blush: :rofl:

im gonna make some for OH work i think i fancy making some

jac will get rob to get tins out tonight as i cant bloody reach them xx

LOL! I still buy cupcakes from our local bakers, they use runny fondant on them and i LOVE them! :blush:

Thanks lea:hugs:

I'm baking an easter cake..much like the one I did in blue with daisies but with chicks on and grass, oh and of course some cupcakes:thumbup:

For friends?

I might do something simple or not bother unless i know i will have people around to eat them!

Ooooh another Q,
For the decoration iv seen a chocolate cake decorated with crushed hazelnuts pressed to it using choco buttercream and i love the way that one looked so i thought for this one it would be nice to do crushed walnuts in the same way.but does anyone have any idea what buttercream or frosting would go with carrot cake :wacko:
god it would really help if i liked the stuff then id have an idea :haha:
xxxxxx

my recipe had a idea for topping. but i think you could always do a cream cheese topping.
i havent done this one myself but a recipe i have is

200g (7oz) cream cheese
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
50g (2oz) icing sugar
half a teaspoon of vanilla essence

Hello ladies

Glitter: they look amazing...i can say both the caramel and chocolate curls are lush...i have lots of topping decorations from morrions. Also sainsburys do some nice ones...chocolate balls and that..i just bought one of each for the choice.

Right then heres my news thats made me so so happy.....
after looking for a website to order some cupcake boxes and was recommended cupcakeboxesuk.com. I was browsing ebay too and by chance came accross the company on there. I bidded on some boxes and won. Well they arrived yesterday and OH opened the package and started setting them up and that. When i got back he told me they had arrived and were set up in the dining room...i went in and they were not the ones i had ordered. they had sent me
10 of these:
https://www.cupcakeboxesuk.com/vmch...ow-Box-Blue-with-6cm-Divider/flypage.tpl.html
10 of these:
https://www.cupcakeboxesuk.com/Cupc...ow-Box-Pink-with-6cm-Divider/flypage.tpl.html
and 10 of these:
https://www.cupcakeboxesuk.com/Cupc...w-Box-Pink-with-6cm-Dividers/flypage.tpl.html

So i emailed them today to tell them the mistake and that OH had already set them up. I also offered to repay for the onese i originally bought. They emailed back to say it was their mistake and to keep the boxes and they will send the ones i won originally free of charge. How lovely is that? I love the boxes and will definatley buy more from there!

Right then...ice cream cupcakes...i have seen them and very tempted to make some but i have so many other sorts i want to create/make. My imagination is now flying and theres loads of ideas i want to create and design. Was thinking about doing strawberry cheese cake cupcakes for my mum as she love that, also i really want to do the mars bar recipe.

If i have time i may cook some tonight but have so much to do so it will all have to wait till the weekend!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->