Cake Making & Baking Group

Austin's cake is in the oven. Hope it goes ok.

What makes cakes sink in the middle? My last one was sunken in the middle.

Well my yummy cupcakes are made ... well the first batch anyway. Filled them with jam and need tgo ice them later tonight :D xx

Austin's cake is in the oven. Hope it goes ok.

What makes cakes sink in the middle? My last one was sunken in the middle.

If its sunk in the middle then you have taken it out of the oven too early hun. Try pressing the middle of the cake and if it 'springs' back its cooked if it doesnt leave it in longer xxx

Can i be nosy and ask what kind of cupcake is everyones favourite?

Lookswise i love the pig ones i made best :)
Taste wise the Mars Bar ones were very yummy but my fave are just vanilla cupcakes with buttercream.

I am loving my vanilla ones at the moment :) but I haven't experimented much with the different flavours with my 'new' flour. Thinking of try some chocolate ones with chocolate fudge icing :D xx

What colour should I do my icing? I'm wondering whether to make it white or just leave it the 'creamy' colour xx

I like the creamy colour,thats what i did for my jam and buttercream ones.I put a little vanilla essence in it though :)

Where do you all find the time!!!!!

I just flung together some cupcakes and cheese scones while doing dinner! I knew I wouldnt have any other oportunity to do it!

I cant get excited about flavours of cupcakes I'm afraid..... I dont like them much, unless chocolate, topped with chocolate!!

I like a plain one, topped with runny fondant but buttercream etc.......eugh!

my fav is coconut

thats the only cake i like really , but i dont like buttercream , marzipan, icing etc

hi girls just popping by!!

your cake will sink if u open the oven door whilst its still cooking :)
....the cold air rushes in and it sinks!

my christening cake is half done in the kitchen, just waiting for the top tier to cool before levelling n covering.......im not doing any of it whilst emmerdale is on though!!! supposed to be an amazing episode 2night!!

Hello

My fave has to be vanilla and strawberry at the moment! hehe but it changes all the time.
Going shopping tonight to pick up supplies for baking on the weekend and next week

Really need to sort out what i am making for next week
x

another stupid question (sorry lol) how do you make cupcakes flat on the top? mine always come out like a dome. x

ohh thanks KM I was wondering that too!

whats this link everyone keeps going on about for ordering supplies from?

and does anyone know where I can get cloud cutters from please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->