Cake Making & Baking Group

I'm actually really upset :( gunna have to go buy a cake tomorrow now.

ohh thanks KM I was wondering that too!

whats this link everyone keeps going on about for ordering supplies from?

and does anyone know where I can get cloud cutters from please?

What about using a blossom shaped cutter...like this: https://thepartyworks.com/images/product_images/medium/417-435_m.jpg
then you could always roll it out a bit more to change the shape a little.
I got mine from TKMAXX for £3/4
x

Can we see it?

I'm sure it's not as bad as you see it.Sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted. xxx

ohh thanks KM I was wondering that too!

whats this link everyone keeps going on about for ordering supplies from?

and does anyone know where I can get cloud cutters from please?

What about using a blossom shaped cutter...like this: https://thepartyworks.com/images/product_images/medium/417-435_m.jpg
then you could always roll it out a bit more to change the shape a little.
I got mine from TKMAXX for £3/4
x

ohhh good idea!:thumbup: thanks!

Jac there are Plaque cutters that look like clouds :)

katy, can it be fixed any? There is always ways an means hun, I have had loads of disasters but stepped away from it for a while then gone back and sorted it.

Sometimes when you are concentrating on a cake for a whole day it just seems impossible to get right iykwim?!

Post a pic if you want and we can maybe help, if you dont want to do that, pm me it and I'll see if theres anything you can do :hugs:

Bex..... not much of a recipe, just sort of threw them together!

Roughly.....

8oz SR flour
3oz Butter
pinch of salt
grinding of pepper
tsp of garlic powder
1/4 tsp mustard powder
3oz strong mature cheddar
3-4 Fl Oz milk

Add the mustard, salt, garlic to the flour, rub in the butter. Then add the cheese.
Gradually add the milk till it forms a ball, gently knead it then roll out and cut into circles about 2cm thick

Brush with Milk then

Bake for about 12-15 mins at 180degrees :)

It's all bumpy ans ugly so I've binned it. Made 24 cupcakes so far this morning got another 24 to do! He's gunna have cupcakes instead if a cake.

My first one was all bumpy darling, you should have posted a piccie I'm sure it would have been fine :hugs:

Iced 8 cupcakes this morning for OH to take to work, still got another 12 to make and ice another 16 yet LOL. But I must say they do look ever so yummy!!

OH took some cookies I made to work yesterday and one of his colleagues said that I should start selling cakes and cookies :happydance: xx

I'm soooooo excited I have a parcel waiting for me at the Post office ( I've sent my dad to get it :lol:) really hoping it is my icing bag and colours, I'm going to be a baking machine this weekend, my cupcakes went down well at work so ma going to do some more for Monday, I'm at a different centre so different people :lol:

Jack is also having a sponsered bounce and bun stall at school, I always make buns for it but am going to go a bit fancy this time.

God help me though I may have to use old school scales (my mums in fact) as my battery as gone in my digital :dohh:

Katycam I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think :hugs:
I'm sure the cupcakes will go down a storm x

Am going to make some vanilla cupcakes out of my hummingbird bakery book. They look yummy.

How do you make a cupcake have filling it in? do you scoop the cake out and put filling in then cover back or (god this might sound stupid :blush:) like syringe it in?

I usually cut a circle out the top so it leaves a little hole and fill it with filling and put the lid back on.

Am going to make some vanilla cupcakes out of my hummingbird bakery book. They look yummy.

How do you make a cupcake have filling it in? do you scoop the cake out and put filling in then cover back or (god this might sound stupid :blush:) like syringe it in?

you can get a special nozzle that u can do it with aswell x

need help..

So im going to be making Los birthday cake, problem is i want to stack 3 tiers of sponge cake :thumbup: now ive read somewhere you cane use plastic straws in the sponge to make it hold the next level... anyone ever done this?

The cake plan is sqaure base chocolate, Smaller circle plain sponge but marble effect colours inside, Top circle sponge smaller again but same as middle cake.

https://www.cheap-wedding-success.co.uk/how-do-i-assemble-a-three-tier-cake.html

i found this helpful :hugs:

Stupid question, i only have 1 of the deep cake tins not 2 seperate sandwich tins.

So when you are all making your cakes what tins do you use? do you put all the mix in one deep tin then cut the cake in half when it is done to fill it etc???? :shrug:

if you have just one tin, I would make half the mix and do 2 seperately, baking a very deep sponge can be a nightmare!

so am i better off just going to buy 2 sandwich tins instead??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->