Cake Making & Baking Group

Oh no Katycam I hope it starts going right for you!

I don't know how but I've been roped into making cupcakes for a charity Jazz in the afternoon garden party! It's going to be very "royal garden party" with little sandwiches with the crusts cut off etc.

So I'm going to make the twee'st cupcakes I can think up. So far I'm thinking I should go with pastel shades and classic flavours.

Pale pink runny fondant domed with a pink flower - vanilla
Pale yellow lemon buttercream swirl with lemon rind - lemon curd filling and lemon mixture.
Chocolate swirl with local chocolate shop handmade twists - chocolate mix
Various embossed fondant covered with strawberry filling - vanilla

Any other suggestions?

Katycam but the buttercream into the fridge for a while, it should stiffen up

Whoppy, i saw some gorgeous lavendar cupcakes, i'll see if i can find the recipe for you, very very :cloud9:

Ok, here they are ... :cloud9:

Makes 2 dozen
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Lavender Icing
Sugared Flowers

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
Put butter and chocolate into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water; stir until smooth. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat chocolate and sugar for 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture; beat until just combined.
Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake until set and a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; let cool completely.
Spoon icing over cupcakes, covering tops completely. Let set, about 1 hour. Decorate with sugared flowers. Cupcakes can be stored in single layers in airtight containers for up to 2 days.

And the recipe for the lavender icing ...
Makes enough for 2 dozen cupcakes
1/3 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon dried lavender
3 cups confectioners' sugar
Violet gel-paste food coloring

Directions
Bring milk and lavender just to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, and let steep 10 minutes. Strain, and discard lavender. Whisk in sugar until smooth. Strain again. Add food coloring until desired shade. Use immediately.

Though i guess you could use flavoured water/essence instead of real dried lavender

Dont they look like heaven!! mmmmm :cloud9:

Attachments

• mld102591_0507_cupcakes_l.jpg
    mld102591_0507_cupcakes_l.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 12
polo, they look cute!!

ive finished my cake now...yay!! finally, i HATE hand cutting all the little footprints out LOL

will post pic safter shes collected 2moro

aww katy,whats wrong?? step away n leave them for a few hours,n dont rush anything.....im sure theyll turnout fine xx

whoppy, the cream tea ones posted a few pages back sound very fitting?!

Oh thanks for that they look divine and absolutely the sort of thing they'll be after!

I've decided that I can't be asked with the fondant covered one so will be doing a vanilla swirl with a choc dipped strawberry

whoppy, although the fondant ones look really nice...i bet they dont taste as nice as buttercream ones anyway!!!! xxx

I find the taste in fondant ones more concentrated for some reason :lol: I guess its because the buttercream takes the edge off it with its creaminess :lol:

Glitterfairy how did you make your Creamtea cupcakes?????? They looked scrummy!

That's a good point Nutty! I'd have needed to buy some embossing tools and they're not cheap are they!

They are just a normal vanilla cupcake and when they cool you cut a circle out of the top and put in a dollop of jam and then a dollop of buttercream on top and then place the circle you cut out on top like a lid.Then dust with icing sugar.

They are really yummy and you could use fresh cream instead of buttercream.

nooo!! always runny fondant for meee!!
I made some last night and they have all gone! I ate the just the icing off most of them!

LOL! I forgot how good runny is..... reminds me of eating cakes when I was little all covered in hundreds and thousands!

yeah thats what i meant...runny fondant is nice, i meant the other fondant LOL the other fondant wont be as nice on a cupcake!

yeah embossing stuff isnt cheap!

lots of ways for runny icing, u can simply just add water to icing sugar, get fondant icing sugar etc x

Ah i see i thought so.Icing sugar with water is what i always use to use on cakes as a kid.With rainbow sprinkles or sugared flowers! :)

Marmalade?

I was i was all better im dying to make my mickey/,innie mouse cupcakes :hissy:

marmalade! why didnt i think of that! :dohh: ta tits:flower:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Kelly, do you sit and wait to pounce on people selling cake stuff? Thats twice now youve pipped me to the post :mamafy:

:rofl: :muaha:
I am NOT laughing, I have a strop on with you now:grr:

Watch what your saying or you might not get your suprise ;) :haha: x

ahh poo shes gonna send me a dummy in the post :rofl:

Marmalade?

I was i was all better im dying to make my mickey/,innie mouse cupcakes :hissy:

marmalade! why didnt i think of that! :dohh: ta tits:flower:

LMAO, jac you have such a way with words :haha:
:haha:

Ok, here they are ... :cloud9:

Makes 2 dozen
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Lavender Icing
Sugared Flowers

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
Put butter and chocolate into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water; stir until smooth. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat chocolate and sugar for 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture; beat until just combined.
Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake until set and a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; let cool completely.
Spoon icing over cupcakes, covering tops completely. Let set, about 1 hour. Decorate with sugared flowers. Cupcakes can be stored in single layers in airtight containers for up to 2 days.

And the recipe for the lavender icing ...
Makes enough for 2 dozen cupcakes
1/3 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon dried lavender
3 cups confectioners' sugar
Violet gel-paste food coloring

Directions
Bring milk and lavender just to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, and let steep 10 minutes. Strain, and discard lavender. Whisk in sugar until smooth. Strain again. Add food coloring until desired shade. Use immediately.

Though i guess you could use flavoured water/essence instead of real dried lavender

Dont they look like heaven!! mmmmm :cloud9:

added that to first post :thumbup:

yeah thats what i meant...runny fondant is nice, i meant the other fondant LOL the other fondant wont be as nice on a cupcake!

yeah embossing stuff isnt cheap!

lots of ways for runny icing, u can simply just add water to icing sugar, get fondant icing sugar etc x
i also wondered how to make runny fondant..thanks!

I currently have orange marmalade and lemon curd cupcakes baking..:happydance:

Oooh my Mum would love the lemon curd ones.Let me know what they are like. xxx

I've just been roped in to do some cupcakes for my nieces 6th birthday in a couple of weeks! :dohh: I've never made any cupcakes so i'd better do a practice run tomorrow :dohh:

Any tips ladies?

I'm going to do Easter nest cupcakes and if i can find them i really want to try the new Dr Oetker wafer daisies.Has anyone seem them anywhere?

Maybe have to hunt for them Monday!

I've just been roped in to do some cupcakes for my nieces 6th birthday in a couple of weeks! :dohh: I've never made any cupcakes so i'd better do a practice run tomorrow :dohh:

Any tips ladies?

Just start simple and take it slow.Practice runs are always good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->