Cake Making & Baking Group

bump up the cost of your ingredients :winkwink: tell her you used organic and free range!

Jac! Your cupcakes are fantastic!

hey, i absolutely LOVE baking my 5yr old daughter and me bake cakes every week although we are finding it a bit harder with the new addition my 4mth old daughter as she always decides to scream as we begin lol so we then end up just doing a simple recipe that we already know! am really looking forward to when she can join in and we can get back to trying new recipes evry week! wiill be sharing some of our recipe ideas on here when i get more time and will also be looking out for some new ideas! this thread is a great idea ladies
xx

I user free range eggs and i got the supreme sponge flour from mcdougals! Lol. Definately going to start taking more as it isn't worth the bloody hassle xx

:hi: Paige&poppy!! Welcome on board!!

What a cheeky bint Kelly, why dont you ask for a 20/30% deposit on the cakes

hey, i absolutely LOVE baking my 5yr old daughter and me bake cakes every week although we are finding it a bit harder with the new addition my 4mth old daughter as she always decides to scream as we begin lol so we then end up just doing a simple recipe that we already know! am really looking forward to when she can join in and we can get back to trying new recipes evry week! wiill be sharing some of our recipe ideas on here when i get more time and will also be looking out for some new ideas! this thread is a great idea ladies
xx
Hi Paigey&poppy :wave:
New ideas are always welcome :)

https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/acatalog/Sugarpaste_For_covering_Cakes.html

when you buy this icing how long does it last if you only use a little? can you store it?

:hi: Paige&poppy!! Welcome on board!!

What a cheeky bint Kelly, why dont you ask for a 20/30% deposit on the cakes

I think I'm gonna have too!! I'm going to work out how much the ingredients cost in the morning and let her know I'll be keeping that. Xx

Oooooo try look lush jac :) btw can you pm me your address as I have something to send to you ;)

I'm going to contact her and explain that I have bought the ingredient and I will refund her money minus the ingredients but minus the ingredients it will probably only be a few pound!! Xx
No, I'm scared:cry:

girls what do i use to get this effect on the butterflies wings? I want them all white but want to colour edges of their wings in pastel colours...

https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/acatalog/Sugarpaste_For_covering_Cakes.html

when you buy this icing how long does it last if you only use a little? can you store it?

You have to make sure you double wrap it in cling film. Once wrapped, unrolled Fondant keeps for one to two months at room temperature. Do not refrigerate or freeze it. If it gets too hard, put it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften; it will be easier to knead.

But having said all that I did this with some I opened 5 days previously and it was like a brick. There was no saving it :nope:

girls what do i use to get this effect on the butterflies wings? I want them all white but want to colour edges of their wings in pastel colours...

It's not the "propper" way to do it but I bought some edible pink glitter dust and I found that when I painted it on with a paintbrush it created a similar effect.

I think the correct way to do it would be to brush on some powdered colour.

Hi everyone, I've been watching this thread over the last few days. Love your work, they all look scrumptious - I love baking though I haven't done it in years, my teenage daughter and I used to bake all the time when she was younger although it has been about 7 or 8 years so I kinda forget it all. This has inspired me to try to get into it again, just need to sort out what I need first lol!

Just thought id pop on to post mydays efforts, my stepmums finished birthday cake =]
https://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs065.snc3/13329_406105495699_588895699_5485216_6343367_n.jpg
https://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs065.snc3/13329_406105500699_588895699_5485217_5099772_n.jpg
I definately think my practise last week paid off, i think this one looks better. Stil not great but its the thought that counts lol :haha:
I changed the colour of the stripes and made the swirls on the top smaller and paler - i think they look neater now. In the pic the egg white i used for glue is still wet but it should look better tomorow...
And thank you so much Tracey for the tips on the letters - really helped :D
Ok im off to bed now, im knackered and feel queasy from the amount of icing sugar iv inhaled (spent the time the cake was in the oven practising making roses) :haha: xxx

I have just sent this back to the lady who wants a refund

"I'm afraid I can only refund you a partial cost as I have already bought everything that was needed for the cake. I will send you £7.50 back as £10 is the cost for everything that have I bought for the cake which I now can not use. I am out most of today so I will refund it in the morning or later tonight xx"

Does it sound ok? x

I have just sent this back to the lady who wants a refund

"I'm afraid I can only refund you a partial cost as I have already bought everything that was needed for the cake. I will send you £7.50 back as £10 is the cost for everything that have I bought for the cake which I now can not use. I am out most of today so I will refund it in the morning or later tonight xx"

Does it sound ok? x

yer that sounds fine hunni.

Right i have a couple of questions if anyone can help...
I want to make some more cherries...and also some butterflies and blossom flowers to go ontop of some cupcakes.....i have bought some already Regalice Ready To Roll Icing....is there something i have to add to this though when making them? what is it?
also i am making some cupcakes, lots of them, to take into work for my birthday...going to take them in on the Thursday so when shall i make them...wednesday night? worried i will struggle for time..any tips on how i can be prepared? (going to make chocolate, lemon and vanilla cupcakes, around 36 or so)

many thanks
x

sounds ok to me hun.

cant beleive she had a hissy over £4!!!

It's not the "propper" way to do it but I bought some edible pink glitter dust and I found that when I painted it on with a paintbrush it created a similar effect.

thanks hun, would i need to use some edible glue or something to get it to stick? I only have paste colours, dont really want to go and buy 3 or 4 powder colours just for butterfdly wings....glitters I would use again.

Just thought id pop on to post mydays efforts, my stepmums finished birthday cake =]
https://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs065.snc3/13329_406105495699_588895699_5485216_6343367_n.jpg
https://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs065.snc3/13329_406105500699_588895699_5485217_5099772_n.jpg
I definately think my practise last week paid off, i think this one looks better. Stil not great but its the thought that counts lol :haha:
I changed the colour of the stripes and made the swirls on the top smaller and paler - i think they look neater now. In the pic the egg white i used for glue is still wet but it should look better tomorow...
And thank you so much Tracey for the tips on the letters - really helped :D
Ok im off to bed now, im knackered and feel queasy from the amount of icing sugar iv inhaled (spent the time the cake was in the oven practising making roses) :haha: xxx
That looks yummy Kris:thumbup: I love carrot cake!

Oooooo try look lush jac :) btw can you pm me your address as I have something to send to you ;)

I'm going to contact her and explain that I have bought the ingredient and I will refund her money minus the ingredients but minus the ingredients it will probably only be a few pound!! Xx
No, I'm scared:cry:

Don't be scared I'm sure you'll love it :) x

uhmm ok:flower:

do any of you have family/friends that expect you to bake for them for nothing? I love baking and the practise is great but when i'm getting an 'order' once aweek and then someone else catches on and puts in a n 'order' too it gets a bit much:wacko: Ive got 2 plain vanilla sponges to do today and both out of my pocket....ive put my foot down though and told them to provide the ingredients from now on....

yeah that would be the best way Jac, or the powder but those ones in the pic have been airbrushed :)

girls can anyone help with my questions posted above...going to go to a new cake shop in a hour or so to buy what i need
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->