Cake Making & Baking Group

did you get the wilton icing set jo... they look great

Jo they look amazing....wow!

Girls i need even more help......
I have made some more vanilla cupcakes and this tim used the recipie out of the hummingbird book...they are in the oven now but they have cracked a little on the top...any ideas why? when i used the other recipe i didnt have a problem...its just this recipe...but it taste so yummy???

evening girls.

I need your help, does anyone have a recipe for a really nice chocolate cake? Mine never come out really chocolatey.

i want one!!!

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wilton-Dimen...Crafts_Cake_Decorating_MJ?hash=item1c111ebb92

Bit steep for £40 considering you only get 4 out of it :lol: but it is oh so cute

Pink - if you look back a few pages Holly made her own version of those and it won't cost £40 just for the tin ;)

Laura - I just usually add a few teaspoons of cocoa powder in with the mix :shrug: Dunno how to get it more chocolately other than adding some melted chocolate but not sure if that works xx

yer good point.....dont get why they are so much...i like it as it looks like the cones but isnt. lol
I saw the ones holly made.....they were ace.

I have bought some cappuccino cups today so that i can make come cupcakesusing them instead of cases! hehe

x

you see thats what i do too kelly but they never seem right iykwim.

I use the strong cadburys bournville cocoa powder for rich chocolatey cakes. (red tub)

My cake today was disaster :rofl: buttercream was rank (folowed the recipe on back) and they didn't rise after using baking powder, SR flour, and new tins! :shrug:

What else can i fill it with instead of buttercream....suitable for kids tastes too?
Oh and my royal icing is still all bumpy rofl, tried filling edges with BC and it just gets everywhere lol!

Your cakes are all looking super fab!

Made some marshmallow cupcakes today. The buttercream went much better then the last cupcakes i made (it was so gloopy)

Though didnt quite realise how quick melted marshmallow gets really really sticky again

Attachments

• 24377_382193705772_515030772_4379166_1819426_n.jpg
    24377_382193705772_515030772_4379166_1819426_n.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 15
does anyone else find that once you make the cakes you dont actually feel like eating them?

i want one!!!

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wilton-Dimen...Crafts_Cake_Decorating_MJ?hash=item1c111ebb92
Ohhh I like that, but making 4 at a time would take all day to make 12 or so....:shrug:
Pink - if you look back a few pages Holly made her own version of those and it won't cost £40 just for the tin ;)

Laura - I just usually add a few teaspoons of cocoa powder in with the mix :shrug: Dunno how to get it more chocolately other than adding some melted chocolate but not sure if that works xx

Holly did you use cones to do your cupcakes in? If so, where did you get them from? Ive looked but cant find flat ones.

My cake today was disaster :rofl: buttercream was rank (folowed the recipe on back) and they didn't rise after using baking powder, SR flour, and new tins! :shrug:

What else can i fill it with instead of buttercream....suitable for kids tastes too?
Oh and my royal icing is still all bumpy rofl, tried filling edges with BC and it just gets everywhere lol!

Your cakes are all looking super fab!
uhmmmm I dont know what you did Hun, but I told you buy an eleccy whisk and follow the recipe I sent you! msn me and I'll help you.:flower:
But if you want an alternative for buttercream betty crocker ready made tubs are yum, she does choc fudge, choc and a vanilla all ready to spread icings:thumbup:

does anyone else find that once you make the cakes you dont actually feel like eating them?

Not at that stage yet, I eat them!:haha:

wow girls loads to catch up on there!! LOL

jac your cupcakes look amazing!! very proffesional, youve come on leaps and bounds!! xxx

granny jo, your cupcakes also look brilliant!! you should all add ur pics to the facebook page xx

kala, they look lovely!!!

hows everyone getting on??

katy did u manage to get a pic of your cupcakes you made??

also a quick question for you girls....ive had 'patterned' cupcake cases for AGES...polka dot, gingham etc, but i havent used any, i dont know if its just me but i think the topping and decoration should do the talking, and having patterned cases as well just look 'over the top' and not as nice?? plus some can look abit 'see through' once baked making the cases look abit naff.
do any of you girls have this problem, or is it just me?? LOL

ok heres the christening cake i did....i have a WHOLE WEEK OFF!! and only have a few cupcakes to make for sunday, i have a nice chilled week for once!! LOL

https://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs413.snc3/24957_377255258322_509248322_3731680_3535252_n.jpg

ahhh tracey!! I spotted a similar one on the net and am going to do that for Leo's christening but instead of boottees Im doing blocks spelling LEO:thumbup: did you cut your own feet or buy them (ive seen them to buy so am going to cheat:haha:)

but wow it looks brilliant!

aww thanks Jac...ive done this one before but in blue :)

the blocks are a cute idea!
no, i cut the footprints out myslef..takes AGES!!

i do have this though....havent used it yet:
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BABY-FOOTPRI...Crafts_Cake_Decorating_MJ?hash=item2a05ae221d

did you get the wilton icing set jo... they look great
I di yeah it is fab :thumbup:

Made some marshmallow cupcakes today. The buttercream went much better then the last cupcakes i made (it was so gloopy)

Though didnt quite realise how quick melted marshmallow gets really really sticky again

oooh they look yum :)

Yep, I rarely eat them, I force them on everyone else :lol:

wow girls loads to catch up on there!! LOL

jac your cupcakes look amazing!! very proffesional, youve come on leaps and bounds!! xxx

granny jo, your cupcakes also look brilliant!! you should all add ur pics to the facebook page xx

kala, they look lovely!!!

hows everyone getting on??

katy did u manage to get a pic of your cupcakes you made??

ok heres the christening cake i did....i have a WHOLE WEEK OFF!! and only have a few cupcakes to make for sunday, i have a nice chilled week for once!! LOL

https://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs413.snc3/24957_377255258322_509248322_3731680_3535252_n.jpg
Wow that is just brilliant, I think I will just stick to the cupcakes :lol:

i love the patterened cupcake cases...i used some polka dot ones yesterday.
I often find that some colours go quite see through once i have cooked the cupcakes...need to find some decent quality ones i think.

Girls have any of you used the hummingbird book for vanilla cupcakes? love the recipe but it makes the cakes crack a little on the top?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->