Cake Making & Baking Group

I will upload my rainbow cupcakes onto facebook in a min and see what you think.

Now i know i am giving my surprise away but....HOW THE HELL DO I ICE A GIANT CUPCAKE???? I have been ok so far....got the frosting ready but dont know what to do so it will look ok?
x

I will upload my rainbow cupcakes onto facebook in a min and see what you think.

Now i know i am giving my surprise away but....HOW THE HELL DO I ICE A GIANT CUPCAKE???? I have been ok so far....got the frosting ready but dont know what to do so it will look ok?
x
Erm very carefully :lol:
sorry, some one has done one, mmaybe look at that pic on FB you might be able to see, but I would gueass just round and round

thankyou...think i am just going to use my nozzle and have a go...will learn as i go along lol x

I think you will just have to frost it all over, and then smooth and put grooves in to make it look like a giant swirl, as i dont think a 1M tip is anywhere near big enough to hand pipe.

Though ive also seen people pipe them in tiny swirls ...

Ok question for you girlies, I think I may be getting an order for some cupcakes, how much would you charge for say a tray of 12?
I've told her it would depend on if she wanted muffin or normal bun size, and if the were "special ones", I just have no idea without leaving myself out of pocket.

In my head I thought £10 for 12 basic ones. Vanilla/ chocolate, but in my head i dunno if that would be normal or muffin, I think muffin, but arghhhh I dunno, how do you work your pricings out?

I just call it a tenner for 12 ... ingredients cost what ... £4 tops, so ....

I just call it a tenner for 12 ... ingredients cost what ... £4 tops, so ....
That's what I was thinking, although if she wants something special, toppers/sparkles, i'm going to have to order them and if she wants a box:wacko:
I think I say a tenner as it my first order and she is a mate, plus any sparkles et.. i'll get to use at a later date.

Either that or £12 for a box of 12, the boxes arent cheap, thats half the trouble :(

Either that or £12 for a box of 12, the boxes arent cheap, thats half the trouble :(
I know, in the shop I found the wanted like £3 odd for one :(
Did you see this link Holly? https://www.cupcakeboxesuk.com/

I'm thinking we should put all links in first post

I used nozzle and it looks fab...really like it...next time i may try and do it smooth...but it would have to be thick. Uplading piccies to facebook now
x

Cant wait to see it Sarah!!

Jo, i dont think that place is really any cheaper than craftcompany .. their 4 hole box with inserts is 59p!! I just throw some in with my cake stuff order so i dont have to pay even more postage!! I really begrudge that :rofl: ... esp £5.99 on that site, jesus i want them delivered by hand for that :shock:

Knowing me I'd order 6 holes and people would want 4 and so on :rofl:

hmm I'd do £12 for £12 thats a quid each...:shrug:

I did some rainbow ones last night but they didnt look good so I threw them out..:blush: I think they were stripey in the middles though....

Cant wait to see it Sarah!!

Jo, i dont think that place is really any cheaper than craftcompany .. their 4 hole box with inserts is 59p!! I just throw some in with my cake stuff order so i dont have to pay even more postage!! I really begrudge that :rofl: ... esp £5.99 on that site, jesus i want them delivered by hand for that :shock:
eeeep :wacko: I just noticed that!!!, that is mental, craftcompany her I come!!

hmm I'd do £12 for £12 thats a quid each...:shrug:

I did some rainbow ones last night but they didnt look good so I threw them out..:blush: I think they were stripey in the middles though....

Oh Jacs!! you little perfectionist

as for pricing I've just been looking on a site in West Yorks and for vanilla cupcake with Vanilla Icing she charges £1.75, 25p extra per cake for Lemon or orange and the 5p per cake for glitter, no toppers or sprinkles, I think that is really expensive
She charges £1.25 just for plain Glace icing:wacko:

wheres the cheapest for supplies then girls? I want a few bits ouir cake shop doesnt stock...Jo im gonna go fish one out tof the bin now so I can see haha!

Ok I rescued one :rofl: Excuse how bad they look!

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/bnb%20selling/IMG_4533.jpg
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/bnb%20selling/IMG_4534.jpg

sorta wavy stripey:thumbup:

They aren't bad Jac they look funky :)

Lovely cakes lady.Love the Flowepot cakes TJG...too pretty to eat!

wheres the cheapest for supplies then girls? I want a few bits ouir cake shop doesnt stock...Jo im gonna go fish one out tof the bin now so I can see haha!
I tend to always go back to
https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/

they are pretty quick with delivery as well

The stripes look good Jacs why did you bin them??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->