Cake Making & Baking Group

Ok ladies, I need your help. Was just about to make some muffins from my new book but it asks for buttermilk. I can't find it ANYWHERE! Is there anything I can substitute it with? HELP!

lulu, asda online sell it !
Dunno about instore....

kris your cake looks fantastic!! I remember that about your parents liking the animals cos thats one of the first cakes that you showed us!

Dont think ive seen that cake Tracey! The one I have just finished I ust did a plain old white cake with pale blue blossoms! :) Soooooo time consuming!

I am waiting to see if my postie brings the extra bits I need to add to it...... if he doesnt it will just have to stay the way it is!!!

The cannabis leaf is a total nightmare, I am about to make more cakes! OH printed some out for me and I traced onto greaseproof but it still came out looking crap!
All this and I havent even attempted to cover the bloody thing in fondant!

Oh and tons of waste! Even more so now that I chucked the first attempt!

o no!!! you should have tried covering it in fondant...sometimes it actually makes it look better if u cover it first and see how it looked.

what u waiting for the postie to bring hun?

just cut all the leaves straight edged, cover it, then u can just make the fondant look like jaggedy edges. xx

Wow TJG, you have a good memory! :) lol im touched :lol:
Yep they loved it, especially the suprise....although its reinforced i really need to treat myself to a turn table, the front of the cake was great...the back :wacko:
lol not so much.
:haha: xxx

ladies just been in co-op they have got the metal cupcake stands that hold 23 cupcakes for £6.99 :thumbup:

help help HELP!!

The stuff I was waiting on is a diamante "N" the womans initial.... and some pale blue organza ribbon.... they didnt come so now I need your help.... my head is spinning with this other cake and I can decide what to do with this one to make it mor birthday iykwim?!

Ok so heres the pics....... I have pale blue ribbon in various positions! Some white fluff.....and the other pic is all the other ribbons i have...... help me make this cake look good it is being picked up at 1:30pm!

Attachments

• DSC00328.jpg
    DSC00328.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00329.jpg
    DSC00329.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00331.jpg
    DSC00331.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC00332.jpg
    DSC00332.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00333.jpg
    DSC00333.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 9
heres all teh other colour ribbons

Attachments

• DSC00334.jpg
    DSC00334.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 12
Mmmm im at work so cant see the pics too well, but i like the first 3 pics from what i can see, not keen on the fluff, but thats personal preference :lol:

Same as holly not sure about the fluff but the rest looks great. Good work!!

heya!

andrea id just leave it as it is....with all the blossoms you only need a real simple design to compliment it, the fluff is too much. id go with the first pic...nice and elegant :)

youve done a great job! xx

well another handmixer has died :( they always do it when im so busy!! LOL)

think thats the ninth or tenth? i really have lost count!!
:(

Handmixers always break in the middle of something...i think they sense it!

my partners birthday is coming up and i wanted to make him a buddha cake.
I would love to make this one

https://www.thecakestore.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Buddha.html

but im not that experienced! So im not sure what to do! I might make a normal square or rectangle cake and cut out a buddha shape with icing and pipe and cherry blossom tree and have a little message on the cake too.

Like this one

https://www.sweetelement.com/specialty_cakes_three.php

Im a little stuck help me please!!

wow I have no idea! What part is it you need help with?

I am loving that cake store website though!

lulu0504 - To make buttermilk, just add 1 tsp of vinegar to the milk and it turns out the same as buttermilk, i needed that in a cake i made and didn't have it, so i got told to do that and it worked.

Argh..... well you know how I am one of those people that cant leave well alone!?! I didnt read all your replies before sending tha cake out and added a ribbon to it :blush:

Here is the final cake!
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs428.ash1/23693_415318335878_620555878_5171272_569916_n.jpg

Thank you, you are a star :hugs: :flower: :kiss:

How long will it last if opened but not modelled?

I best borrow some gloves from work then :lol:
I've borrowed some gloves yay and Jack seems to be on the mend so may have diddle at the weekend but can someone answer my quote please:flower:

I promise I'll try not to ask daft questions for at least 48 hours:baby:

LOL none of them are daft Jo! Ok once you have opened it as long as you seal it back up again properly it will last to its best before date....

If i have stuff left I wrap it in clingfilm then put it in a plastic bag that seals :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->