Cake Making & Baking Group

Oh my god you girls are so talented.

I threw a batch of 24 cup cakes in the bin on friday, I was having a trial for a friends wedding in 5 weeks, am now crapping myself about doing it.

What site do you (UK) girls use to order materials?

https://www.craftcompany.co.uk

i found their prices really good :) and my order came next day :D

yes regalice is best...i dont use it though coz i find it dear...but saying that the one i currently use has shot up in price so i suppose it doesnt make any difference!! 2.5 is plenty!!

yes regalice is best...i dont use it though coz i find it dear...but saying that the one i currently use has shot up in price so i suppose it doesnt make any difference!! 2.5 is plenty!!

I found it £9 for 2.5kg which i thought was reasonable. I spent more on the cutters!

i used to get 2.5kg of my fondant for £3.25!! its gone up now to £5.00 something. so as you can see....£9.00 is quite alot to what im used to using!
i agree...cutters cost a bomb!!
actually...any cake decorating tool costs a bomb!! its definitely an expensive hobby!!

Oooohhhhh 8 days Tracey!!! Come on little pink bump..........

awww thanks...im hoping she comes before then,.....but hey ho....if she doesnt at least i know its only next week!!! hoping the full moon tonight might do something lol

Right now I got banana choc chip muffins in the oven... hope they come out good

Ive just made cupcakes and the sponge came out lovely but the icing didnt come out like i wanted to :( ill post some pics ina bit of what they look like and what i wanted them to look like!! x x

Right girls, i am so impressed with these cakes, and it's making me so jealous that you can make these for your LO's :D
I'd love the opportunity to make Rosie's 1st birthday cake, it's not until the 1st Dec so gives me plenty of time for practise.

So girls help me.... PLEASE !!!!!!

What do i need? How do i go about it?

:D

Right girls, i am so impressed with these cakes, and it's making me so jealous that you can make these for your LO's :D
I'd love the opportunity to make Rosie's 1st birthday cake, it's not until the 1st Dec so gives me plenty of time for practise.

So girls help me.... PLEASE !!!!!!

What do i need? How do i go about it?

Show us a pic of the sort of cake you want to make and we'll try and tell you what equipment you'll need :)

www.pinkcakebox.com have lots of examples.

Holy crap to pinkcakebox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING

Nessajane I had the same problem, made 24 cupcakes, 12 chocolate fudge and 12 vanilla sponge, muffed the icing up and threw them all in the bin. My problem is I'm a perfectionist who's rubbish at everything!!! It's a hard place to be in!!!!

I have just spent the past 3 hours making sugar roses..... bored now!

but on the plus side I have just made THE most perfect sponge! :yipee:!!!

I have just spent the past 3 hours making sugar roses..... bored now!

but on the plus side I have just made THE most perfect sponge! :yipee:!!!

Thats my job for today, sugar roses, how funny! Was it your first time? Will be mine but I have to practice for a wedding cake in 4 weeks. Why do I do this to myself!!!!!

LOL no I have done many before! Has been a while though so it took a few before I got into the swing of it again!

:help:

How do you all get fushia coloured sugarpaste?! I have tried and tried and the pink food colouring I have just ends up looking crap!
All the pre coloured stuff is all pale pinks and the sugarflair colours dont have a bright pink :hissy:!

Does anyone know if you can freeze sugar paste flowers? I'm making them using 50% flower paste and 50% sugar paste.

Sorry, can't help answer anyone else's questions as this is all too new for me!!!!

:help:

How do you all get fushia coloured sugarpaste?! I have tried and tried and the pink food colouring I have just ends up looking crap!
All the pre coloured stuff is all pale pinks and the sugarflair colours dont have a bright pink :hissy:!

https://www.squires-shop.com/ibf/index.php?p=product&id=809&parent=92

Does anyone know if you can freeze sugar paste flowers? I'm making them using 50% flower paste and 50% sugar paste.

Sorry, can't help answer anyone else's questions as this is all too new for me!!!!

Why would you do that? Just let them dry out and put them in tupperware. They last ages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->