Cake Making & Baking Group

Ahhh i hope she turns up soon hun!! Pain in the bloody backside or what!!

Im just waiting for my sponge to finish cooking and ive got to whip up sainsburtys and grab some more sugar :hissy:

Did she turn up yet Andrea? :lol:

This threads gone very quiet all of a sudden, has everyone lost interest :rofl: :rofl:

Did she turn up yet Andrea? :lol:

This threads gone very quiet all of a sudden, has everyone lost interest :rofl: :rofl:
I was thinking that as well PP, my excuse is I have been living in the plague house this week :rofl:

Todays efforts
Coconut sponge and bounty melted into icing
Bounty does not melt well, I had to add some extra chocolate and then just whisk very well
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d22/jodielou/cakes%20and%20stuff/DSCF1097.jpg
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d22/jodielou/cakes%20and%20stuff/DSCF1098.jpg

What did you use for the sponge Jo, dessi whatever coconut or coconute milk? Or something else entirely? :lol:

Post me one will you, im a hungry hippo and they look scrummy :lol:

What did you use for the sponge Jo, dessi whatever coconut or coconute milk? Or something else entirely? :lol:

Post me one will you, im a hungry hippo and they look scrummy :lol:

Desiccated Coconut
I have to admit they are my favourite so far, I think it would get a little squashed in the post :lol:

It is a dead easy recipe-meant for a cake
1 1/2 Cups SR flour
1 Egg
1/2 tsp lemon essence
3/4 cup sugar
4 tbls butter-melted
1/2 cup of milk
3/4 cup coconut
Makes about 12 muffin size, I doubled it though
The strange thing is that they don't really colour as they cook, so look a bit pasty.

I used 7 sections of bounty to melt in, Ant bout me the triple ones (6 of them LOL)

I posted on Wednesday to say I'd got a recipe from a guy at work's wife for Carrot Cake. I made it (first one ever) and the recipe didn't have sugar in it, so it came out shit! So I made another one with sugar in it and it was perfect. Here's a photo. I gave it to my BIL for his 40th. Not exactly special but it went down well today.

Attachments

• Carrot Cake 1.jpg
    Carrot Cake 1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 10
Yum, that looks lovely Wallie

Do you want to post the recipe again with sugar and i'll copy it to the first page :)

Carrot Cake

7oz Sunflower Oil
7oz Soft Brown Sugar
4 Free Range Eggs
4 tblsp Clear Honey
8oz Plain Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
6oz carrots, grated
butter for greasing tin

Orange Cream Cheese Icing

450g of Icing Sugar
175g Cream Cheese
125g Unsalted butter
Grated zest of 1 large orange

Oven 180/160 fan/gasmark 4

In a bowl whisk eggs, honey, oil and sugar until well combined

Stir in flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of Soda, salt, vanilla extract and carrots. Beat well.

Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9 inch cake tin (deep one), transfer to oven and bake for 1 hour until firm to the touch.

leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.

when cold cut through middle to make two layers. cover bottom slice with cream cheese icing, put the top on and ice the top and sides if you like.

Decorate with crushed walnuts around the sides and decorate with piping nozzle on top to make nice pattern.

Attachments

• Carrot Cake 1.jpg
    Carrot Cake 1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 10
Looks lovely Wallie!!

Im off to finish the damn cake now, before dinner!! :hissy:

Mmmm yummy Jo!

I've made some chocolate fudge cupcakes today :)

I have ordered some brown cupcake cases for my chocolate ones :thumbup:

Will get OH to take a piccie later xxx

Oooooo!!! jo your cupcakes look yummy, Im not usually a fan of cupcakes but coconut and choc might just have me interested!

Wallie YUM! I do have a liking for carrot cake all of a sudden!

Well the womn showed up at 5pm!!!!! was meant to be 10am, Im glad we went out cos I would have been mmighty pissed off it id waited in all day for her!

sorry typinbg with daisy on my knee!

Mmmm yummy Jo!

I've made some chocolate fudge cupcakes today :)

I have ordered some brown cupcake cases for my chocolate ones :thumbup:

Will get OH to take a piccie later xxx

I got my Brown ones from Asda, they come with white in as well but they are really nice and thick

Oooooo!!! jo your cupcakes look yummy, Im not usually a fan of cupcakes but coconut and choc might just have me interested!

Wallie YUM! I do have a liking for carrot cake all of a sudden!

Well the womn showed up at 5pm!!!!! was meant to be 10am, Im glad we went out cos I would have been mmighty pissed off it id waited in all day for her!

sorry typinbg with daisy on my knee!
Oh that is just cheeky!!, so glad you din't wait in all day.

These ones are really my favourite, I stopped eating them when I was making loads :lol:

Ladies is cookie cutter world any good to get the icing you put over cakes?!

I use him on eBay and he is really good, but I think a few of the girls have used his site and don't rate it well. He probably does better on eBay as people can actually leave feedback there xx

Well, im majorly gutted with my cake!!

This supposedly "premium" icing from Cookie Cutter World was a heap of crap, Tesco own brand is better quality!! It cracked and split so badly i spent an hour re rolling it, came away, left it, went back to it, got it "manageable" then put it on the cake and it just cracked away and split, im absolutley gutted!! Not to mention i paid top dollar for the worst icing ive ever used in my life

Pissed off doesnt even come close :grr: :grr:

Look at the effing state of it :cry: :cry:

This is supposed to be someones birthday cake, im going to feel like a right c**t giving them this :(

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/2s2xy4u/638110d6.jpg

:hugs: hunni, I just buy normal icing :wacko: I dunno what the difference is! I'm sure it will look fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->